Collapse
No announcement yet.

Lois Lane's Arc -- S10 Spoilers Discussion

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

I think it's probably most likely that she will be in atleast 18 for season 10 but I am hoping she got a raise in episode counts for season 10.

Comment

Originally posted by hhhandsteph
      I think it's probably most likely that she will be in atleast 18 for season 10 but I am hoping she got a raise in episode counts for season 10.

I hope she's in more episodes too. Lois and the relationship between Lois & Clark is the main reason I watch. I want more of it.

I think/hope that now that she "knows" she will be in more episodes. her not knowing the secret was one of the reasons I think she was on more. They could not use her in pure action episodes because they had to have her knock out or something to make it work. So, I think it was much easier just to leave her out of the episode.

Comment

Originally posted by tbird4u
        She's going to know clarks the blur.. and since this season is suppose to be about destiny.. I can take a guess on what her arc is going to be =)

Where did we hear this. S10 is about destiny?

If this is so then it's simple deal. Lois is a very vital part of Clark's destiny, she's been prophesized to be the women at his side at all times.

I just wish the writers start to reveal more of CK’s feeling in regards to Lois. He doesn’t love her like anyone else in his life & never will again. Why is it from the moment they met they felt this pull to each other.

Why is it after all these years of past relationships, dysfunctional pairings & heartaches that when Lois & Clark part indefinitely the entire universe turns into a world ending situation.

What makes them complete each other….what makes them soul mates… what makes Lois this prophesized female for a man who crash to earth. Why is it CK loses his humanity without Lois. What makes Lois Lane have this hold over the "Man of Steel" & vise versa.

I would love to see Lois past explored more in regards to her parents & especially her mother who’s never really mention to much.
        Last edited by Tinyeppy; 05-19-2010, 05:48 AM.

Comment

I'd also like to know where we learned season 10 was about destiny. I'm excited about Smalleville exploring Clark's destiny because Lois is such an intregal part of that.

I'm also wondering where we learned that Season 10 would be less dark than Season nine. I think a season that is lighter in tone means we are probably going to get more Lois. At least I'm hping for that.

Comment

Originally posted by SVFancross
            I think Lois weighs down the story. I think she should go back to 13 episodes. They've established the romance. Get the action moving. ETA: I AM glad she knows, BTW. It was really getting extremely bad for both she and Clark. So, keep her in, focus on her career as a journalist and keep the romance on the back burner and non-angst. That seems right me.
            I disagree. Clark needs to develop his journalistic side, and Lois will allways be a part of that, regardless of her being his romantic interest or not. In a season where the focus is on Clark's destiny, Lois Lane plays a huge role on that, and 13 episodes, as proved in season 8, is not the way to go at all. Season 8 suffered a lot from her absence in the second half. At this point in Clark's life, she is more than necessary.

Besides, we should see Lois' destiny too, IMO. She has been in the show since season 4, and she was always relegated to the side, and no time was spent on her at all. I want to see reporter Lois, and that arc can work pretty nicely even when Clark is doing hero stuff. He is off saving people, and Lois is investigating it. It has worked for years in Superman Canon, and I don't see why this can't work in SV as well.

----- Added 3 Minutes later -----

Originally posted by Exedore
            At lease she got some attention as a reporter from S7 on. Clark on the other hand....
            And that is why I also believe that showing reporter Lois will also help us to see reporter Clark. If this is the last season, this is the season where Clark will start to develop his secret identity, therefore, that is when his reporter side should start to shine, and they need Lois and the Daily Planet for that.

----- Added 6 Minutes later -----

Originally posted by Amelie
            I want Lois Lane in a good story arc and for 22 episodes. I don't see why those two things have to be mutually exclusive.

At this point, Lois Lane is one of the main reasons why I'm still watching Smallville and adding her to more episodes gives me more reasons to want to watch the show. I feel that when Lois is around the show is more interesting and I just think this character is getting better and better.

Plus, I really love Erica and I think she does an amazing job as Lois Lane. If season 10 is the last season then this is the last year we will get to see Erica as Lois and I want the producers to take advantage of that as much as possible.
            ITA. It seems only fair that after years of begging for Erica Durance to have more episodes, we, at least, get that in the last year.
            Last edited by liana; 05-19-2010, 07:47 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Comment

Originally posted by SnowBird
              I think Lois should have at least as many episodes as she did in S9. There may be some episodes that Lois wouldn't fit into as well if it is a super heroes vs. bad guys centric episode.
              Yeah. IA! But I hope she has more than 18 eps.

Comment

Originally posted by SnowBird
                I think Lois should have at least as many episodes as she did in S9. There may be some episodes that Lois wouldn't fit into as well if it is a super heroes vs. bad guys centric episode.
                But someone has to report the super heroes fight against the bad guys... And that is something that Lois Lane is at her best doing. Seriously, though, with Lois in the know, there is no reason for her not to be around any more, and some of her misses, this season, didn't make sense. For example, she should have been in Checkmate, because she was the first one that Waller contacted. She could have been in that episode, in a reporter capacity. She also should have been in the first hour of Absolute Justice.

The only episode, this season, where I believe that Lois wouldn't have fit was Kandor. Her other absenses made no sense in the story they were telling at all. It was clear that she only missed those episodes because they couldn't have her there.

Besides, after six year begging for Lois to have more episodes, I think SV owes Lois Lane's fans to have her for a full season, especially in the last season, where Clark is embracing his destiny. Because Lois Lane is a BIG part of that destiny too. She has been every since Action Comics number one. In fact, she is the only character, in Superman's mythology that is as old as Superman himself.
                Last edited by liana; 05-19-2010, 04:02 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by liana
                  But someone has to report the super heroes fight against the bad guys... And that is something that Lois Lane is at her best doing. Seriously, though, with Lois in the know, there is no reason for her not to be around any more, and some of her misses, this season, didn't make sense. For example, she should have been in Checkmate, because she was the first one that Waller contacted. She could have been in that episode, in a reporter capacity. She also should have been in the first hour of Absolute Justice.

The only episode, this season, where I believe that Lois wouldn't have fit was Kandor. Her other absenses made no sense in the story they were telling at all. It was clear that she only missed those episodes because they couldn't have her there.

Besides, after six year begging for Lois to have more episodes, I think SV owes Lois Lane's fans to have her for a full season, especially in the last season, where Clark is embracing his destiny. Because Lois Lane is a BIG part of that destiny too. She has been every since Action Comics number one. In fact, she is the only character, in Superman's mythology that is as old as Superman himself.
                  I totally agree with this. It would be annoying if after all this time, they didn't have the deceny to reward loyal Lois fans with her in a full season in the last one.

Comment

Originally posted by Tinyeppy
                    Where did we hear this. S10 is about destiny?
                    Brian Peterson said in one of the interviews he did a few weeks before the finale that the theme for S10 was "Destiny."

Comment

Really, since it's now official that season 10 is the final one, Lois/ED should be in all 22 eps. It's time to develop the full partnership dynamic between her and Clark, which only got touched on in season 9 IMO.

Yeah, I want both Lois and Clark to have their own individual story arcs, but part of the final destiny of the two of them is their full partnership as reporters and lovers. Which goes into why they are soulmates and will be the loves of each others lives. Just because the romance has been established doesn't mean Lois & Clark's story has fully been told yet.

Anyway, as for an arc individually for Lois, I would like to see her investigating Intergang (though I mostly would like that story to go to Clark to tie more into the Darkseid angle), but I'd really like to see her reporting on the JLA and other Superhero things, just as she does in the comics.

Comment

Originally posted by morrigan01
                        Really, since it's now official that season 10 is the final one, Lois/ED should be in all 22 eps. It's time to develop the full partnership dynamic between her and Clark, which only got touched on in season 9 IMO.

Yeah, I want both Lois and Clark to have their own individual story arcs, but part of the final destiny of the two of them is their full partnership as reporters and lovers. Which goes into why they are soulmates and will be the loves of each others lives. Just because the romance has been established doesn't mean Lois & Clark's story has fully been told yet.

Anyway, as for an arc individually for Lois, I would like to see her investigating Intergang (though I mostly would like that story to go to Clark to tie more into the Darkseid angle), but I'd really like to see her reporting on the JLA and other Superhero things, just as she does in the comics.
                        ITA. Now it is time to get Lois in full reporter mode, exactly how she does in the Comics, and it is time for their iconic partnership too.

Comment

Wishlist:
                          Lois in 22 eps so she gets to be part of the main even
                          Moving upstairs at work
                          Moving downstairs with Clark
                          Moving sideways to an apartment in Metropolis

Comment

I think that we need to see more of Lois Lane as "ace reporter." We know that her career is important to her.

She also needs to have more scenes with Chloe, Lucy, and the General (even if via phone, text, email, etc.), so she can be shown as a more well-rounded human being. Although she lost her mother, she has the most family connections of any major character (the only one with a sibling), yet this is ignored/downplayed in a show chock full of orphans. Clark's desire to construct some sort of Kryptonian family looms so large that the contrast with Lois' biological family is something I would not ignore.

I also hope that she suffers no permanent brain damage from all of these memory wipes and blows to the head (and chloroform). She needs to NOT forget what happened in Salvation (she will have plenty of unanswered questions, BTW).

Comment

Originally posted by sashabdx
                              I think that we need to see more of Lois Lane as "ace reporter." We know that her career is important to her.

She also needs to have more scenes with Chloe, Lucy, and the General (even if via phone, text, email, etc.), so she can be shown as a more well-rounded human being. Although she lost her mother, she has the most family connections of any major character (the only one with a sibling), yet this is ignored/downplayed in a show chock full of orphans. Clark's desire to construct some sort of Kryptonian family looms so large that the contrast with Lois' biological family is something I would not ignore.

I also hope that she suffers no permanent brain damage from all of these memory wipes and blows to the head (and chloroform). She needs to NOT forget what happened in Salvation (she will have plenty of unanswered questions, BTW).
                              to the "brain damage part"

Comment

My wish list for Lois Lane is to have the General return in a episode!!

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎