Where the heck is Brandon?

Anyone else find it bizarre that Tyler's best friend Brandon seems to have vanished into thin air.

Forum Whiz
    I noticed but didn't shed any tears. He's not a hawt female.

He like Chad's bug eyed assistant were not important enought top bring back for the second half of this show.

Quote Originally Posted by rictor View Post
    He like Chad's bug eyed assistant were not important enought top bring back for the second half of this show.
    Are you talking about that hottie that played Stargirl on Smallville?

*Had to look it up, Britt Irvin.

*Brandon probably ended being an appetizer. He knew how to serve the Visitors best.
    Last edited by Glove; 05-16-2010 at 12:48 PM. Reason: Added Note.

I just find it odd to introduce a character then put him or her on a shelf to gather dust without formally resolve or do away with him or her. IMHO that is sloppy story telling just to forget a person totally without resolution, hopefully next season they will explain it in passing etc..

Forum Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by Rictor
    To this day I believe she was a visitor. Perhaps she got called back to the ship. LOL Seems to me that they traded out developing her character in favor of that "Malik" FBI agent person...who, by the way, is played by one of the most boring, cardboard-quality actresses I have ever seen in my life. I mean, seriously, there isn't a spark of life in ANY of her line deliveries. Lord!

I'll be glad when Erica defaces her and gets it over with already.

Quote Originally Posted by SUPERMAN NORTH View Post
    I just find it odd to introduce a character then put him or her on a shelf to gather dust without formally resolve or do away with him or her. IMHO that is sloppy story telling just to forget a person totally without resolution, hopefully next season they will explain it in passing etc..
    Yeah but...did he really have a story to tell? To me, he played the random "fat friend" that they always cast opposite the character that is supposed to be hot for the expressed purpose of further accentuating his "hotness".
    Last edited by Lightning Strykez!; 05-17-2010 at 06:51 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Caesis View Post
    I noticed but didn't shed any tears. He's not a hawt female.
    I didn't either lol, but I did wonder where he went.

Quote Originally Posted by rictor View Post

Quote Originally Posted by Lightning Strykez! View Post
    To this day I believe she was a visitor. Perhaps she got called back to the ship. LOL Seems to me that they traded out developing her character in favor of that "Malik" FBI agent person...who, by the way, is played by one of the most boring, cardboard-quality actresses I have ever seen in my life. I mean, seriously, there isn't a spark of life in ANY of her line deliveries. Lord!

I'll be glad when Erica defaces her and gets it over with already.

Yeah but...did he really have a story to tell? To me, he played the random "fat friend" that they always cast opposite the character that is supposed to be hot for the expressed purpose of further accentuating his "hotness".
    That's kind of harsh and cruel to call him a " Fat Friend " I thought we have grown beyond with putting unfair labels lets considers others feelings right. FAT has nothing to do with it correct

Whether he added to the story or not I just feel if you introduce something or someone in story telling your obligated to resolve it and not just forget about it. A person just does not in my books have a best friend one day then not the next for a "Reason"

Forum Regular
    That's kind of harsh and cruel to call him a " Fat Friend " I thought we have grown beyond with putting unfair labels lets considers others feelings right. FAT has nothing to do with it correct
    *sigh* Oh lord, here we go.

It appears you may be taking my comment out waaaaaaay out of context. Let me explain myself a bit more clearly:

My point is that he was cast for a certain purpose opposite the Tyler character. Is that purpose cliche? Yes. Is it wrong? Yes. It's like casting the token "minority character" for the sole purpose of giving an all-white cast more diversity, etc. It may be "unfair" as you say, but Hollywood is still very much driven by stereotypical thinking, and that often is reflected in the way it casts characters. Now imagine: if "Brandon" had been some hot musclebound jock, what would that have done for the actor playing Tyler? Audiences wouldn't have been paying him any attention. But he's the one trying to get the girl ("Lisa")--not Brandon.

The producers wanted us to be rooting for Tyler, not his supporting cast friend. So they made "Brandon" your stereotypical, upbeat fat friend. That casting concept has been repeated in films and television for decades. Not saying it's right by any means, but it is what they did. Once Tyler and Lisa got together, Brandon's purpose was realized and they dropped the character.

Sorry I did not take it out of context by any means as i did not include adjectives like fat etc... just merely where is Brandon without the labels etc... To me that's unimportant and no need to add it or to add that by adding Brandon to make Tyler look good is ridiculous and a tad immature. The reason I ask was what happened to him plain and simple. I am far from thin myself I doubt I was put on this planet to make good looking people better. end of rant

Forum Regular
    Sorry I did not take it out of context by any means as i did not include adjectives like fat etc... just merely where is Brandon without the labels etc... To me that's unimportant and no need to add it or to add that by adding Brandon to make Tyler look good is ridiculous and a tad immature. The reason I ask was what happened to him plain and simple. I am far from thin myself I doubt I was put on this planet to make good looking people better. end of rant
    You posed a question for this forum. And I gave a concise answer on why I thought the producers took the character out of commission. There was nothing immature or ridiculous in that reasoning as it is the way Hollywood works--and that is documented. It sounds like you're taking something personal that was not intended to be. End of story.

Word to the wise: when you post in a public forum you're always going to get a variety of viewpoints. If that's something you can't respect, then perhaps you might want to reconsider chairing threads for discussion.
    Last edited by Lightning Strykez!; 05-19-2010 at 04:59 PM.