Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Biggest plothole(s) of Season 9 (multiple choice)

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

I didn't think that it was blue kryptonite in the Kandorian's blood that caused their reaction to yellow sun and red sun radiation to be reversed... Unless I missed something... I thought Jor-El altered the DNA contained in the orb to create this effect, and Clark's unaltered Kryptonian blood corrected this genetic alteration when it came in contact with Zod's... I think Blue Kryptonite prevented them from absorbing solar radiation (be it red or yellow). I don't think it played any role in the initial reason the Kandorians didn't have powers upon release from the orb.

But, yes, the Alia thing is really weird... I never thought about that before. How did she have powers under a yellow sun if her DNA was still altered?

Comment

Originally posted by jpfort1957
      When Clark's Mom (the replicant) first saw Clark..........she mistook him for Jor-El.

When Faora escaped the PZ..........she recognized Davis Bloom because he looked just like his DNA donor ZOD.

Neither father & son team looked enough alike to even be neighbors !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Sam Witwer should have played as Zod, and Tom Welling should have played Jor-El.
      Yup, would have saved some money too, for better special effects!

Comment

Originally posted by GreenBarrow
        Really? I'd thought it was because his acting in season 8 was career ending.
        I actually think Sam Witwer is a good actor... I think the material they gave him was just awful. The writing for most of season 8 was just terrible. That being said, I absolutely LOVED Callum Blue as Zod... He is just terrific! Fabulous actor, though he apparently can not do an American accent as evidenced by when he pretended to be Clark on the phone, maybe he wasn't really trying in that instance to sound completely American... after all why does an alien have a British accent to begin with? and why do none of the Kandorians speak Kryptonian when they are just talking amongst themselves? I kind of wish they would have had them speak Kryptonian and had it be subtitled... oh well... I am guessing that the upcoming Chris Nolan version will go this route since his whole thing is creating a more realistic interpretation of comic book mythology. To play devil's advocate though, maybe the Kandorians were "pre-programmed" to speak english in addition to being genetically altered (to remove their powers) by Jor-El.

Comment

Originally posted by DC Fanboy

As for the Alia plothole, I'm assuming Clark saved her in the alternate storyline like he saved Zod in Conspiracy.
          ^^^^This is the best explanation for the Alia pothole!!!!!!!!!!

The voice from the orb must have been AI Jor-El..............he knew of the beast(DD), Brainiac's crystal, and that clone Jor-El had the Book of RAO. The only time AI Jor-El talked to Clark, was to identify Alia as a Kandorian.(and that was off screen) They never spoke again the rest of the season. Everything was set in place to be Clark's final training exercise.

Clark was failing at first, till Lois slipped on the Legion ring and gave Clark his second chance. Ma Kent got the Book of Rao for him. Tess saved the Kandorian console. Now he just needs to pull out the blue K dagger and fly away. Training complete.
          Last edited by jpfort1957; 07-07-2010, 10:17 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by xrayvision

But I can speculate that Brainiac was the voice of the orb as I theorized using events seen in this very show in a way that created no plotholes or contradictions. But that doesn't mean I'm right. Unless it's officially explained, speculation doesn't mean anything. Sure, it can satisfy the person speculating it if they are willing to accept it, but to others it's not canon.

My Brainiac theory actually eliminates most of these plotholes, which is why I was hoping that something I pieced together would finally be seen in the show, but since it never officially happened, those plotholes still exist. I don't want to be a wet blanket, but I am curious about these things. Especially Alia & the voice of the orb.
            More speculation: What if Alia IS Brainiac? IMO, that would be one of the better explanations that they could come up with for this major flop. This plothole garnished a lot of attention and I think it's big enough for them to address and would give them another opening to bring Brainiac in for at least one episode next season. I mean heck, if they're gonna do Darkseid, why not have him try to use Brainiac as well?

----- Added 7 Minutes later -----

Originally posted by kristintaps
            How about how some Kandorians speak with varying British accents and some with American accents? And then Zod faked an American accent on the phone, but used his normal accent when meeting with her.
            Yea, especially since none of them spoke English, originally, either. This has been something that's bothered me in many different versions of Superman, as well.
            Last edited by newtonh20; 07-09-2010, 02:15 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Comment

Here is my answer for Alia, it may not be right, but it makes sense to me. She gained her powers under the red sun, so, her cells would have absorbed them for a while and when she went under the yellow she still had powers. (Though a LOT of times they make Clark almost die as soon as he comes under the radiation of a red sun, it doesn't make sense because it is what he was born under) So, the kryptonian cells should be charged enough for her or any other kryptonian to keep their powers for a while while under a different sun.

I didn't read the post, so sorry if someone already has answered this. Also, has anyone asked why blue kryptonite would make them powerful under a red sun?

Also, isn't kryptonite supposed to be radioactive peices of krypton that came to earth when it exploded? If so, how did Jor-El even get any if the planet was still around?????
              Last edited by Kaleltheking; 07-09-2010, 02:41 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Kaleltheking
                Here is my answer for Alia, it may not be right, but it makes sense to me. She gained her powers under the red sun, so, her cells would have absorbed them for a while and when she went under the yellow she still had powers. (Though a LOT of times they make Clark almost die as soon as he comes under the radiation of a red sun, it doesn't make sense because it is what he was born under) So, the kryptonian cells should be charged enough for her or any other kryptonian to keep their powers for a while while under a different sun.

I didn't read the post, so sorry if someone already has answered this. Also, has anyone asked why blue kryptonite would make them powerful under a red sun?

Also, isn't kryptonite supposed to be radioactive peices of krypton that came to earth when it exploded? If so, how did Jor-El even get any if the planet was still around?????
                I could buy that explanation for Alia. However, I just wish they'd given it to us more explicitly on the show.

I'm guessing that, just like the red sun has the opposite effect on Kryptonians to the yellow sun (taking away their powers), it also has the opposite effect on the blue kryptonite (so instead of removing powers, it gives them).

That's what green kryptonite is, but the other types could easily be just minerals found on the planet.

Comment

Could be. Though didn't Smallville say that red was crafted on earth or something instead of it being rubies. I don't recall about blue though. What's funny about it is, in the comics, it has no effect Superman, but it is harmful to Bizzaro (though sometimes it made him smarter)

Comment

[QUOTE=Kaleltheking;6502373]Here is my answer for Alia, it may not be right, but it makes sense to me. She gained her powers under the red sun, so, her cells would have absorbed them for a while and when she went under the yellow she still had powers. (Though a LOT of times they make Clark almost die as soon as he comes under the radiation of a red sun, it doesn't make sense because it is what he was born under) So, the kryptonian cells should be charged enough for her or any other kryptonian to keep their powers for a while while under a different sun.

Also, isn't kryptonite supposed to be radioactive peices of krypton that came to earth when it exploded? If so, how did Jor-El even get any if the planet was still around?????[/QUOTE

I'm sorry but this theory doesn't really work. All it does is create another plothole with Zod.
                    Remember when the sun turned back to yellow:
                    1. Clark got his powers back.
                    2. Zod pulls out a GreenK dagger ( If Zod still has powers like Alia it should of weaken him) and stabs Clark.
                    3. Clark throws Zod into the side of a van and knocks him out. ( Again if he still had powers like Alia he should of gotten up from that ).

After watching all of season nine, I was wondering if Alia was really one of GG's Parademon.
                    But are parademons affected by blueK or any kind of K ?

Comment

• the problem you run into with a 10 year TV show is not every character and actor is available for each time you need them.

As long as the series regulars and a few of the main secondary characters stay the same, I am 100% fine with the changes.

Davis not looking like Zod, no big issue for me.....Season 9 Jor-el, vs Welling's Jor-el being different didnt bother me, (because we needed to have Clark and Jor-el have a little face time together)

However, if they recast, Clark, Lois, Pete, Lana, or as I fear they might Lex....I would have a big issue with it.

maybe my logic is screwed up, but it's still how I feel on the subject

Comment

• [QUOTE=MrT;6532746]
                        Originally posted by Kaleltheking

Also, isn't kryptonite supposed to be radioactive peices of krypton that came to earth when it exploded? If so, how did Jor-El even get any if the planet was still around?????[/QUOTE

I'm sorry but this theory doesn't really work. All it does is create another plothole with Zod.
                        Remember when the sun turned back to yellow:
                        1. Clark got his powers back.
                        2. Zod pulls out a GreenK dagger ( If Zod still has powers like Alia it should of weaken him) and stabs Clark.
                        3. Clark throws Zod into the side of a van and knocks him out. ( Again if he still had powers like Alia he should of gotten up from that ).

After watching all of season nine, I was wondering if Alia was really one of GG's Parademon.
                        But are parademons affected by blueK or any kind of K ?

Well, here is your real answer, I just never wanted to say it. Fact is Smallville is wrong. Wich is why we have these plot holes. Kryptonians do not get power under a red sun. Ever. Blue k only effects Bizzaro and not kryptonians. So, the entire plot of the episode was wrong anyway.

And no she can't be a parademon. They can't shoot fire and can barely talk, except for a few of the smarter ones. They all work in numbers because Clark or even Batman could take one out to easily. Most are male anyway and they don't shape shift.

Comment

• This may be posted already but in the finale:

1. How did Lois know the book of RAO was in Clarks right pant pocket?
                          2. When did she take it from there?
                          3. Why did Lois bring the book of RAO to Zod/The Blur?

Still puzzled about this.

Comment

• The whole Doomsday thing still bugs me. He's not dead, but by season 10, shouldn't he had found a way to claw his way out from being buried so deep underground? It would've been cool to see Darkseid possess him sometime in season 10 and see how Clark handled that.

Comment

• Originally posted by kennyalancramer
                              after all why does an alien have a British accent to begin with?
                              From the Doctor Who pilot episode Rose:

Rose Tyler: If you are an alien how come you sound like you're from the North?
                              The Doctor: Lots of planets have a North!

Comment

Working...
                              X
                              😀
                              🥰
                              🤢
                              😎
                              😡
                              👍
                              👎