No announcement yet.

Barn Loft scene with Clark and Lois

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by SnowBird
    Lana who? She is history and I never gave her a thought in this episode.
    Same here...I never ever think about Lana..shes history and yesterdays news!

Comment

What I loved about the barn scene is that even after Clark told Lois to leave because it was best for her (as he did many times with Lana), he couldn't help but give himself away (with the "I'll be watching over you; hi, I'm the Blur" line).

For me, it was the antithesis of all the Clana barn scenes, and rather cathartic. (Though I admit that I've um...spent some time trying to figure out exactly when she slipped the Rao disc from his jeans pocket and pondered exactly WHY he didn't notice. )

Comment

I won't lie...I thought about Clana when I saw this scene as well

Comment

LOL. I don't know where some of you come up with this stuff. Too funny. Clana? Clois? Cloilver? lol

That scene was entirely the same as the many Clark/Lana scenes in the past. It was the FIRST thing that crossed my mind. It just goes to show you that this show should have ended 3 years ago. Talk about jumping the shark. The problem is that the shark keeps jumping over the same thing.

Comment

Originally posted by ginevrakent
            To be honest, I may not appreciate how Lana acted on numerous occasions throughout the series, but I certainly wasn't as much of an avid viewer of the show during the height of the Clana secrets and lies era. I watched the show--almost every episode--but I didn't think about it much after I watched it. I was a casual viewer, one might say, up until S6.

However, looking back, there were some times I felt that Lana pressuring Clark about his secrets was inappropriate, but there were also times I think she was justified in seeking some honesty from Clark. As a result, when I hear Lois compared to Lana or Clois scenes compared to Clana scenes, I ask myself was Lois wrong to say what she said to Clark in the loft about secrets? If she wasn't wrong in one's opinion, then whether Lana did it before shouldn't even matter. It doesn't matter to me.
            Exactly.

Comment

Here's the difference between Lois and Lana. Lois hears Clark's voice on the phone while talking to the Blur. She goes to him and talks to him. Not once does she demand Clark tell her the truth. She does the exact opposite. She gets why he's hiding it from her. She gets it when he's standing behind her and she has a mirror and could see his face if she wanted. She only demanded it when she finds a journal translating Kryptonian. And she wasn't even asking if he was the Blur. She was asking what the hell was going on with Zod and the Kryptonian dictionary in his chest. Really justified in asking him what's going on.

Comment

Not like a Clana scene? Please.
                They were dangerously similar
                No actually they weren't, cause Lois doesn't have the same sense of entitlement when it comes to Clark having a secret, she wanted to know cause it was affecting their relationship, Lana wanted to know EVERYONE's secrets like she was entitled too, even when she wasn't.

Not every scene in the loft is Clana like

Comment

While the setting and the secrets vibe might be Clanaish,Lois is no Lana.She put her own spin on it and saved it for me.

Comment

As someone put so eloquently in another thread: "What is a Lana?"

Seriously, I did not think of her at all during the episode. I really did not want to taint my experience.

Comment

Originally posted by wingster55
                      Not like a Clana scene? Please.
                      They were dangerously similar
                      I did get the vibe but I really think it was just the scenery and lighting that gave deja vu.

Originally posted by Exedore
                      Zod should have destroyed the barn. Now that would have been cool.
                      YES, and he Talon but that would have made him a hero instead of the bad guy

Originally posted by mark08201981
                      Here's the difference between Lois and Lana. Lois hears Clark's voice on the phone while talking to the Blur. She goes to him and talks to him. Not once does she demand Clark tell her the truth. She does the exact opposite. She gets why he's hiding it from her. She gets it when he's standing behind her and she has a mirror and could see his face if she wanted. She only demanded it when she finds a journal translating Kryptonian. And she wasn't even asking if he was the Blur. She was asking what the hell was going on with Zod and the Kryptonian dictionary in his chest. Really justified in asking him what's going on.
                      DING! DING! DING! There it is folks the main reason. Since Lois has built more of a relationship with Blur and Clark she has not once investigated, spied or demanded things from either of them, esp the identity. When she was asking for honesty she was talking about the Zod Kandorian stuff, almost work related, it had nothing to do with Clark's 'secret'

Comment

Originally posted by MsNJS
                        I did get the vibe but I really think it was just the scenery and lighting that gave deja vu.

YES, and he Talon but that would have made him a hero instead of the bad guy

DING! DING! DING! There it is folks the main reason. Since Lois has built more of a relationship with Blur and Clark she has not once investigated, spied or demanded things from either of them, esp the identity. When she was asking for honesty she was talking about the Zod Kandorian stuff, almost work related, it had nothing to do with Clark's 'secret'
                        Thank you for playing!

Seriously though, you've finally pointed out what I really think Lois was pleading with Clark to come clean with - not the fact that he's the Blur (I think Charade confirmed that in her heart, she already knows) - but why he's mixed up with Kandorians (or aliens, as far as Lois knows) and knows about the Book of Rao, and hasn't shared the story with her. Remember, Lois thinks of Clark as a big softie, so she wants to know if he's involved in anything that could wind up with someone (him) getting hurt. And she wanted confirmation of some sort that he's playing for the right side, however he's involved in this.

But Clark still feels like he can't tell her any of that because the best way to explain it would be to admit that he's the Blur, and he's already told her (as the Blur) not to believe anyone who claims to be him... but in his heart, he finds a way to tell her anyways: "Just know that wherever you are, I'll be watching over you."

These two know each other better than anyone.

Comment

Originally posted by Loislovesclark
                          this was as far from Clana as you can get

Clana:

Lana; Clark be honest with me
                          Clark: I have nothing to tell you Lana, leave Metropolis, its good for you
                          Lana; you never loved me, you never trusted me, I gave you everything, I don't love you anymore, I'm leaving for good, don't come and find me....for the love of god!!!!!

Lois; 'I'm sorry, I have to get going'

THAT IS MY GIRL...CLASS ALL THE WAY!!!

the moment Lois told Clark in Disciple the truth about her attacker dressed as GA, I knew we had something very different from Clana; Lana would have hidden it from Clark, tracked him down herself, got Lex' help, got beaten up, saved by Clark then beat on him for not telling her how he saved her!!

So, no they are not the same thing at all THANK YOU!!
                          Class all the way???????? I believe when we find Lois in the barn she is SNEAKING behind Clark's back,ala Lana, and believes the blur instead of her boyfriend. Classy,not.
                          Lois is just like Lana in that she is tired of loving someone who CONSTANTLY keeps the truth from her.
                          When Lois was walking out of the barn if someone had viewed the whole scene with their index fingers stretching their eyes back, they would have thought it was a scene from the first 6 seasons. One lucky thing for Lois, it only took FIVE seasons to learn his identity.
                          Think I'll go watch some 1-4 seasons now.

Comment

I guess I feel like Lois had three choices.

1. Blindly ignore everything she'd discovered - which is NOT Lois Lane.

2. Run to Clark and accuse him of doing something awful and berate him - again, NOT Lois Lane.

Or, what she did. Which was be ready to LISTEN to what he said and work it out.

Which was tell him how important he is to her, and that she just wants to know what's going on.

NOT ONCE did she accuse him of anything.

NOT ONCE did say he was an awful person for hiding stuff from her.

She'd found all of this evidence mounting against him, and STILL wanted to stay with him and be with him but I don't think it's unreasonable for her to want to understand WHY he had the stuff he did and what was going on. If she did, she'd be doing exactly what Clark said she was doing in Charade - having too much blind faith.

Comment

Originally posted by Fly by guy
                              One lucky thing for Lois, it only took FIVE seasons to learn his identity.
                              'The Blur' has only been around since S8, two years. She has only suspected Clark for S9 about 1 year. So she figured it out much quicker.

Comment

Originally posted by Cloisdestined
                                As someone put so eloquently in another thread: "What is a Lana?"

Seriously, I did not think of her at all during the episode. I really did not want to taint my experience.
                                Since Lana is yesterdays news I think all future references to her should have her name spelled backwards.

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎