Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Open Letter to PSW (Show's Powers That Be for Season 10)

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Metropolis Series After Smallville

PSW,

I have but two comments:

1) Thank you for this incredible show... each week, I become more impressed with how my favorite hero is developed and written.. thank you.

2) It is inevitable for Smallville to run its course soon... therefore, please attempt to create a follow-on series, titled "Metropolis" (or something to that effect)... the writers (you) and the talent (TW, ED, AM, JH) are already in place... it would likely make me the happiest man alive (other than when I married my wife and had our beautiful children, of course;-)

Take care and thank you once again,

Eric

Comment

Hello
      Just wanted to say a big thank you for Season 9. I really enjoyed it all. The finale was amazing - I love Heroic Clark.
      So excited so see Season 10 I can hardly wait.

Nessa.

Comment

Dear PSW,

Let me start off by saying that was an awsome season finale. The whole episode grabs you from start to end the and didn’t let go. Now that’s how SV episodes should be done always action packed. Season 9 was outstanding please keep it going the storyline carried so well in Salvation please keep it up in season 10. Use it as the building blocks for all next season’s episodes. Let Clark be the confident hero/leader and a man who won't sway away from his destiny or his morals.

Well here are some things For Season 10: Erica Durance in 22 episodes… Focus on Lois/Clark more DP stories working together more. Please let Lois keep what she knows about Clark/Blur thing stick! She keeps it herself and she doesn’t say a word to anyone that she knows. Lois could watch him closely and still give him a hard time with their usual banter as she will be putting all the pieces together and she would be very protective of him in her own way. Then Clark and her have big secret talk later on down the line 200th episode (maybe) and please bring in soul mate bracelet. And we as Fans did indeed catch the ring on Lois' finger in Clark's vision 2013

Also as Lois point out to Chloe time drop the L bomb and the other relationship milestone
        Also fined away to fix the console in FOS so he can talk to Jor-el and get info on any Dark new villains and we get see the new suit I hope its something like Dr.Fate's suit or even Ollie's leather based cause tights are old this 21st century now oh yes, CLARK MUST FLY

More watch tower stuff Chloe Ollie and JL/JSA members Perry white for few episodes Checkmate arch about Apokolips and so on.
        Thanks for a great Season 9 Look forward Season 10
        Last edited by bigvillir001; 07-11-2010, 03:23 PM.

Comment

PSW,

Since you have Green Arrow on the series, I think it would make better sense if you actually had him teaming up with Clark (as the Blur) to make it more superhero-themed.

Even though this season, he's been on Clark's side, working with him to bring down the Kandorians, we've mostly seen him work as the Green Arrow independently:

"Disciple" (You should have had Clark find out about the Dark Archer sooner so he could go and help Oliver, Oliver would be reluctant insisting he wants to take care of this alone, but eventually they would end up teaming up as the Green Arrow and the Blur) I mean the only moment we got of the two as partners was at the end of "Roulette," as a glimpse. An iconic look at two heores in pose.

"Escape," you know, since Chollie and Clois found theirselves caught with each other and also in a dangerous situation with the Silver Banshee, Clark and Oliver should have come to their own realizations that it would be time to go on a superhero mission, so then the two would go against the Silver Banshee.

"Checkmate," the beginning, it's great, but sometime, you know, I would like to see Green Arrow be involved in this show. What was good about this though, was that it was almost Justice League themed, counting Martian Manhunter. It's pretty much all about the three splitting up on the same mission.

"Sacrifice," again Green Arrow goes on a mission taking care of something for Clark which is nice, but after all this, we've seen a little too much of Green Arrow independently.

I mean Green Arrow/Oliver being a guest on the show should mean something that he has to do with Clark, the main character. He should not take over the story into his own spin-off.

Apart from seeing Clark and Oliver together, I'm really talking about the superheroes, not just their secret identities. The Blur and Green Arrow in action!

This was just another request coming out of my head,

Thanks PSW, you are awesome.

Comment

Dear PSW,

Please have ED in all 22, oh and let's have some happier Clois stuff in season 10, try not to go overboard with the angst!. Some more heroic supermanish Clark stuff as well!!!. That is all

Oh P.S please do something really good for the 200th! It's an amazing milestone!.

Comment

Dear PS(W),

Thank you for an exceptional season. You've made this Clark Kent fan very happy with the finale.

I'm not gonna talk about how many episodes the actors should be in as you have absolutely no control over that. As long as the star of the show, Tom Welling, is front and center it really doesn't matter.

I hope you keep the momentum going into season 10. So keep your focus mainly on the star and you'll have one happy camper. Supporting characters should not be shoehorned in just for the heck of it.

Thanks again.

A devoted Tom Welling Fan

Comment

Dear PS,

That was the worst season of the entire series, capped by a boring finale.

That being said, there are a few things you can do to make Season 10 great:

1. Plan it as the final season. No more stalling for renewal- make it the last one.

2. Do not bring in any more comics characters. There have been many introduced already- use them first. Any others should be used to serve the plot, not wasted like Silver Banshee was.

3. Bring Allison back for 22 episodes. Chloe is the best part of the show- she brings so much to the table, and since she has no set fate, there are so many things that could be done with the character.

4. Get rid of Lois. A big part of why this season sucked was the massive amount of focus on her character. She adds nothing to the show, except for pointless comic relief. Oh, and I will not complain at all if you mindwipe her and have her forget Clark's secret. She doesn't need to be involved with that at all.

5. If Allison is only back for a couple of episodes, give Chloe a great send-off. Her last episode should focus on her, not anyone else. And have a better farewell scene with Clark than the lame crap that was Salvation. 10 years of friendship, and that was it? Pathetic! Both characters deserve much better. Don't deny the fans this just because the Chlark friendship is the best thing on the show.

6. No Ollie/Dinah relationship. I don't care if they are together in the comics, the characters on SV have zero chemistry.

7. No more lame flash-forwards. That scene in Salvation was a waste of time that could have been used for a proper Chlark farewell scene.

8. Balance the focus on the cast better. This season was very unbalanced towards Lois, while the rest of the cast suffered. One episode of focus on her is fine, but when she is onscreen more than Clark, the star, for 6 out of 9 episodes, that's a problem.

Comment

Dear PSW:

Two sets of two words:

MORE LOIS!

and

THANK YOU!

Comment

Dear Producers

1. Thanks for not screwing up the finale and actually giving us hope that the show will actually be a Superman story instead of Dawson Creek with powers.

2. Kill Chloe. Viciously if possible and no finale speech or teary good bye. Just have some Darksied minion cut her in two to start the premiere and go from there.

3. If you do stupidly keep Chloe on, end the Ollie romance. Its really tacked on just move him to Black Canary since you know that is where he is supposed to be anyway. Chloe just sucks at relationships anyway, so have her be bitter which is normal for the character since season 6.

4. Spend money. Time to re-sign Lex and get some CGI fights. Don't waste money on getting ten Kanorians to stand or fly around for an entire season. Use the money wisely instead of blowing it in the first half of the season then trudging along til the end where there is no epic fight to be had.

5. Clark flying in the suit. I would place this higher, but after the dream sequence we all know where you are going now or should be going.

6. Don't regress Clark. Clark has finally become a man at the end of this season, don't make his near death or problem with Lois send him back to whinny emo kid. Progress forward.

7. Doing Darkseid, Watch Superman: Animated. Its fine you stole this entire year from the New Krypton storyline in the comics. Now steal from the best Sups show to date if you are going to bring in the New Gods. DO NOT USE FINAL CRISIS! Don't listen to the DCU boards, its a world wide joke in the comic industry and only the thought of Blackest Night saved DC comics from going under. No vessels for Darkseid and his army just have them in the background. Granny, Dessadd and Steppenwolfe are fairly easy to do. Kaliback and the parademons as well as the big guy are tough, but save them for the last five episodes or have Kaliback guest pop in for an episode or two like the TAS did.

8. Make MM and Canary permeant cast members. Martian has earned the right and Canary is a great character that needs to be developed more to take Chole's spot.

9. Kept Tess dead. I don't know if that is Martha or Granny, but Tess is such a terrible character she needs to stay dead if only to stop the terrible idea of vessels for Darkseid's gang, plus do we really need her if Lex is coming back ?

10. The other big two. Batman III is going to be a letdown anyway. Bring in Bruce and Diana for the big show down for the finale and to create the league. Granted you write Ollie like Bruce, but its time for the Dark Knight. If Nolan has a spaz about it, remind him he kept Joker alive and killed Two-Face knowing full well Ledger was dead which is the most idoitic move in movies in the last five years. Plus, you have Geoff Johns now as the head of DC entertainment who already stated that he wants them in the universe. Bring them in and lets have some fun just don't change the outfits.
                    Last edited by ReevesSuperman; 05-17-2010, 06:40 AM.

Comment

Dear producers,

Thanks so much for a great season, itīs been awesome!!! My fave episodes are Savior, Rabid, Idol and Salvation. I love the final ep, Clois interaction was very touching. Congratulations to all the cast and crew!! Iīm so happy for the 10th season... Itīs going to be a long summer... lol

Take care.

Comment

Dear PSW,

After the second half of S8 I wasn't sure I'd even tune back into the new season. I was very disillusioned. But after this stellar season, my favorite of all the Smallville seasons, you have earned back my trust and respect. I particularly loved Clark and Lois, both the characters themselves and how they were written, as well as the relationship between them. I hope that you will take all of the strengths of this season and continue to build on them with S10. I also hope you will take the few missteps you made (episodes like Roulette & Warrior) and examine them closely to make sure there are no episodes like that next season. All in all, this was the best season this show has ever put forth and that's quite an accomplishment after nine years. I look forward to seeing Clark's journey continue in S10 and I have absolute faith you will do a great job and S10 will be even better than S9!

Oh, and ED in all 22 episodes is a must! Thanks!
                        Last edited by utguardian; 05-17-2010, 03:20 PM.

Comment

Dear PSW

Thank you for Slavation. It was the best season finale.
                          I have watch all 9 seasons of SV and have all 8 seasons DVDs.
                          Clark was Superman in Salvation and it was worth the wait.

I have already posted that if Salvation had been the Series Finale, I would have been content.
                          But lucky for me and all the other fans, we have S10 to look forward to.

One last note, please let Clark fly soon. I don't care if he considers himself all human, half human or Kryptonian, please let him fly.
                          In Salvation he embraces his Kryptonian heritage and was ready to leave the Earth with the Kandorians to save the world. He is Superman now.

As far as budget concerns go just fake it. You don't show him superspeeding anymore.
                          Someone hairs blows in the wind and Clark is there. Do the same with flying.
                          We are tired of Clark looking inferior to the superheros and supervillians flying around him.

A loyal fan

Kathy

Comment

Dear Producers:

Season 9 is one of the best seasons of the series. Thank you so much for putting so much hard work and energy into this season. It really showed that you guys took your jobs very seriously and thought long and hard about how to make this show better than it had been. Well, all your work paid off. All I have been reading about the finale from many of the harshest online critics has been extremely positive. The finale was a high point in an already high quality season.

For season 9, please give fans Erica Durance in 22 episodes! We've waited so long for it and as you have seen, more Lois really does tend to improve the show because she brings so much lighthearted fun and energy into the mix.

Erica Durance is a beautiful woman and a fine actress who brings Lois Lane to life with such ease. You have a goldmine in her, so please continue capitalizing on it!

Thanks again!

Comment

Dear PSW,

I am hoping there is room in S10 for a Legion Of Superheroes ep...having them in S8 was awesome and would love to see them again. I think Imperiex would have been better villain for S10 than Darkseid...if that is where you are going...JMHO. I just hope we see tights, flight and more Iconic Superman stuff in the Fall.
                              Smallville is the best show on TV I am watching right now...thanks for all that you do.

I also wish Lana could be reset, return her to the sweet girl next door...that is just wishful thinking.

Comment

Dear to whom ever this may concern [ Smallville staff & Crew ] ,

First off, I must thank you and say C O N G R A T S on a wonderful Season, and an even better Finale, you did not disappoint!!! I loved most of this Season, I would say 19-3, (19 great episodes and 3 that I would consider okay). Basically I just HOPE! and want you guys to keep this amazing streak going, into and finishing through Season 10.

I believe you will do great! I just would like to ask you for 2 things ONLY 2!!!!!!! :P But please do not pass these two by.

**ATTENTION WRITERS :-D**

If I may ask for;

1. Chloe at her greatest potential. I know a lot of people may not like Chloe but as a fan, I know that there are a big amount of people that want her to stay, really because she has been here for 9 Seasons. She is original to your show and she makes the show so fun to watch, its unpredictable!!
                                So please do what ever you can to get Allison back for as many episodes as possible, I hope all 22 episodes, but I know Allison may not agree to that. So please do not give up and have Chloe as an Active Trusting Teamworking WATCHTOWER!

2. I only have one more thing to ask for, and that is to please keep Tess alive! Her character has become more and more liked throughout the Season, I think she would fit perfectly into what appears you have set up.
                                She can be used by Checkmate since it appears aliens have arrived once again, I would like you to keep her good, and have a Chlo-Tess combo. Even let her be used by Granny Goodness.
                                Just please keep her Character and keep her good, and involved (in the middle of EVERYTHING )

-Loyal Fan,
                                Kneel4Justice \S/

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎