X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by pleasenoclois
    Nothing can make up for Doomsday.
    Agreed
    Originally posted by AChloeChick
    Much better than Failsday. However, nothing will ever erase that horrid epi from my mind!
    Agreed
    Originally posted by Jlvsclrk
    It doesn't erase the wasted opportunity that was Doomsday, but it does go a long way towards restoring my faith in the show runners....
    I think "wasted opportunity" is an understatement. It was a straight up "robbed." The whole season builds around this epic fight and it just didn't happen. But yes, the new finale has restored faith in the showrunners that you can build up to something all season and deliver. The last time this was done properly was in Season 6 when the phantoms endgame became bizzaro (I didn't see that coming.. assume many others didn't?) AND we had an awesome action sequence.
    Originally posted by Jlvsclrk
    ...And I'm so glad the Kandorians finally turned against Zod and were inspired by Clark to build a new life on a new world.
    I thought the kandorians turning against Zod was kind of the blah part that's not too surprising. But the whole blue kryptonite sequence was.
    Originally posted by xrayvision
    Even though I was disappointed by the fight in this episode....
    I thought it was a pretty decent fight. Should have been some more but I'm still pretty satisfied.
    Originally posted by Darth Pipes
    No. The Clark/Zod fight was better than the nonfight between Clark and Doomsday but this was still another underwhelming and rushed season finale.
    Yes, which is why we really should have had..
    Originally posted by Sarrkazztic
    The only complaint I have is the 42 minutes went by way too fast. Needed to be at least a 2 hour episode.
    Lost gets 2 hour season finales and premieres. So does 24. This is CW's version of those shows, it should get more than a random long episode.
    Originally posted by jpfort1957
    If Clark would have put on Martha's suit.......flown......and killed Zod, then maybe
    Then this episode would have probably replaced Rosetta as my fave ep
    Originally posted by spotteddog
    Except for maybe the early years (1 - 3) this is the best finale I have ever seen for SV.
    Yeah, everything from the early years was awesome and there was something so innovative about the finales. starting w/ season 4 the show just wasn't on the same level. Other than the season 6 finale, really haven't found a stellar episode like in the early years -ESPECIALLY the finale/premiers

And lastly...
    Same here. By the way, how could his brother be working at the Planet in 2013? He must have been 8-10 years old in 2009. They don't let 13-14 year olds work at a newspaper.
    Great question!

Comment

Yes yes yes

Comment

I'd say "Hell yeah!" At least he got in some punches on Zod. I like the way how he knocked him up in to the air to get him off of Lois.

Comment

YES!!! OMG! YES! thank goodness!!!

Comment

Doomsday maybe, S8 Hell No!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Ek12
              It makes up for most of Doomsday, but I will never forgive them for what they did to Jimmy.
              Yeah I agree with you there. Poor Jimmy.

----- Added 1 Minutes later -----

Same here. By the way, how could his brother be working at the Planet in 2013? He must have been 8-10 years old in 2009. They don't let 13-14 year olds work at a newspaper.
              They would need Jimmy to be healed by the Legion and transported to the future, and renamed James Bartholomew Olsen . I know, I keep on saying that. I just wish it was true.
              Last edited by Vergon6; 05-15-2010, 12:58 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Comment

Doomsday was a fine episode, just a let down finale. Yes this kicks it's ass, and I'm never one to pick favourite episodes, I don't like that but for me... I'm going to go on the line and say "best episode ever" for me !

Comment

Definitely YES!!!!!

Comment

Yes

Comment

Originally posted by Vergon6
                      They would need Jimmy to be healed by the Legion and transported to the future, and renamed James Bartholomew Olsen . I know, I keep on saying that. I just wish it was true.
                      Until this happens, Doomsday will not be made up for.

Comment

Way better than doomsday

Comment

Yes, yes it does.

Comment

Doomsday doesnt even measure up to warrior... That said salvation to me is the best finale of the series and maybe quite possibly the best epiosde ever in the series

Comment

I don't know. It could never make up for them killing Jimmy, but in other ways, I guess it did make up for it.

Comment

Can't make up for Doomsday. It was unforgivable and unforgettable.

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎