No announcement yet.

Does This Make Up for "Doomsday?"

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Does This Make Up for "Doomsday?"

So, I don't see a thread for this, but I'm wondering whether or not tonight's finale made up for the Doomsday flop last year?

Edit: I forgot to post as a poll, sorry!

1. Yes
    2. No
    3. Maybe
    4. Undecided

Doomsday what?

Comment

What is Doomsday?

Comment

100% yes. I was in the minority, I think, because I liked the majority of season 8 and Doomsday...but that doesn't really count, I guess. Something has to be truly terrible for me to not enjoy it in at least some way. If a large amount of people are hating on an episode or season, I'm usually loving it. But yes, this was head and shoulders above Doomsday. Best finale of the series, in my opinion.

Comment

Nothing can make up for Doomsday.

Comment

This absolutely makes up for it and is one of the reasons I watch.

Comment

It doesn't erase the wasted opportunity that was Doomsday, but it does go a long way towards restoring my faith in the show runners. Who would have thought we'd get so many wonderful moments in one episode. And I'm so glad the Kandorians finally turned against Zod and were inspired by Clark to build a new life on a new world.

Comment

Not really, not for me anyway.

Comment

It makes up for most of Doomsday, but I will never forgive them for what they did to Jimmy.

Comment

yeah this makes up for it definately. This episde made me fall back inlove with Smallville again. I was proud of Clark in this episode. The writers and Tom Welling really brought out the superman in Clark this episode.

Comment

YES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

No.

Comment

Originally posted by Ek12
                          It makes up for most of Doomsday, but I will never forgive them for what they did to Jimmy.
                          Yeah the Jimmy thing last season was a bummer, but it was curious that the dream Clark had at the beginning of the episode featured Jimmy - even if he was only mentioned in passing by Lois.

Comment

Some things can't be undone. But giving us a finale this AMAZING is exactly what the show needed. It's good to see that the show runners seem to have learned from their mistakes at least?

Comment

Even though I was disappointed by the fight in this episode, the episode itself was a million times better than Doomsday.

Comment

Working...
                              X
                              😀
                              🥰
                              🤢
                              😎
                              😡
                              👍
                              👎