Collapse
No announcement yet.

The FIGHT

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

The fight was totally awesome!! I'm so glad they did not let us down. I don't think I would have like it any better if it was super-powered.

Oh, and I am so glad Clark knows how to fight without his powers. In previous fights without his powers he has looked helpless.

Comment

I completely loved the fight. The way they slowed it all down and the sound effects were terrific.

Comment

That fight gets an A++++ from me. They were fighting man to man, and it was for everything they both held dearest. It was raw and unbridled, but Clark still outsmarted Zod by doing something that would never cross Zod's mind, and it ended up causing Zod to be exiled. I loved that. I didn't see that ending coming, and I really liked the choreography of the fight and the flow from regular speed to slo mo. And you can bet I was proud of Clark when Zod pulled out that dagger and was slicing him up, I was yelling at the tv for him to "use his coat!!", and he did. I think they did a great job here.

Comment

Originally posted by hellokitty
          That fight gets an A++++ from me. They were fighting man to man, and it was for everything they both held dearest. It was raw and unbridled, but Clark still outsmarted Zod by doing something that would never cross Zod's mind, and it ended up causing Zod to be exiled. I loved that. I didn't see that ending coming, and I really liked the choreography of the fight and the flow from regular speed to slo mo. And you can bet I was proud of Clark when Zod pulled out that dagger and was slicing him up, I was yelling at the tv for him to "use his coat!!", and he did. I think they did a great job here.
          Yeah, I really loved the fight too. And I loved how Clark stabbed himself with the knife to exile Zod. This and the Titan fight are the two best fights of the series.

Comment

That first punch by Clark was beast!!

Comment

The key to defeating Zod is playing on his meglomania

I like how writers approach Clark/Superman versus Zod in the various media. It generally involves Clark proving to Zod that might is not right and being clever really matters. Clark usually tricks Zod into thinking he's won and only too late does Zod realize Clark is better.

Superman II
              Superman tricks Zod into believing he removed his own powers. Clark tricks Zod into believing he has won. Clark proves he is more clever, gives Zod a badass/defiant look, and he whups Zod.

Smallville's "Zod"
              Zod is kicking Clark's butt. Clark tricks Zod into believing he has given up, into taking his hand, gives Zod a badass/defiant look, and is driven out of Lex's body by the PZ Crystal.

Smallville's "Salvation"
              Clark tricks Zod into revealing his own traitorous actions by playing on Zod's meglomania in front of his troops. Zod and Clark fight, Zod is kicking Clark's butt. Clark tricks Zod into giving up the only thing protecting him (Blue Kryptonite Dagger) to save the world from him. Clark gives Zod a badass/defiant look as Zod is pulled into the portal and he falls.

Comment

You guys call it a falcon punch? I would rather call it the "Iconic Superman Punch"http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=samwIcYWY0M
                Around 4:26, I need to change my Avatar to that

Comment

I love the fight!

Comment

That was one memorable fight scene, but after all the build up it should have been much longer and more brutal -- we needed more pain, blood and gore from both Clark and Zod...

Comment

Originally posted by MrZeppo
                      I like how writers approach Clark/Superman versus Zod in the various media. It generally involves Clark proving to Zod that might is not right and being clever really matters. Clark usually tricks Zod into thinking he's won and only too late does Zod realize Clark is better.

Superman II
                      Superman tricks Zod into believing he removed his own powers. Clark tricks Zod into believing he has won. Clark proves he is more clever, gives Zod a badass/defiant look, and he whups Zod.

Smallville's "Zod"
                      Zod is kicking Clark's butt. Clark tricks Zod into believing he has given up, into taking his hand, gives Zod a badass/defiant look, and is driven out of Lex's body by the PZ Crystal.

Smallville's "Salvation"
                      Clark tricks Zod into revealing his own traitorous actions by playing on Zod's meglomania in front of his troops. Zod and Clark fight, Zod is kicking Clark's butt. Clark tricks Zod into giving up the only thing protecting him (Blue Kryptonite Dagger) to save the world from him. Clark gives Zod a badass/defiant look as Zod is pulled into the portal and he falls.
                      Yeah they played dynamic perfectly. Clark has become very cunning.

Comment

Homage to the Matrix Revolutions Neo-Smith Final Fight Scene

After all the Kandorians got zapped away by the Book of Rao, and all who were left were Clark and Zod...and the fight began...did the sequence of heavy rain, trench coats, and bullet time fight scenes remind anyone of the last fight between Neo and Agent Smith in the Matrix Revolutions?

There were a bunch of choreographed moves timed perfectly with Bullet Time that were a straight homage to that movie....just look at these pictures below!

I think its pretty cool, especially since Clark sported a Neo-esque attire the entire season (minus the sunglasses)

Cheers!

Comment

The slo-mo groans?

Did anyone else find them funny as hell. Don't get me wrong this was one of the greatest if not the greatest fight in Smallville, but i was loling at the groan everytime it went slow motion especially when Zod kicked Clark through the glass.

Comment

Nah, I kinda like the slow motion fight sequences.

Comment

Yeah, I was annoyed by them. Totally unnecessary

Comment

I LOL'ed at them as well

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡