Collapse
No announcement yet.

Olson you better be getting this

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thats the team. Clark, Lois + Jimmy. Wasn't pointless at all, Lois wanted some photo's of Superman who does she call, her photographer! And Chloe was an intern or whatever wayyy back at the Daily Planet. Jimmy has always been young in the comics... Hence why they had to get rid of Henry J Olsen in the first place.

Comment

Originally posted by xrayvision
      That's why I love Supernatural so much. The same set of writers & directors are aware of everything & consistently write the episodes. Kripke had it all written out & planned before the show even started. Smallville used to be much better. I remember before season 5, the only big retcons & plotholes they did involved Chloe's character & her history. Season 5 lightswitched her into a hacker since she didn't show hacking skills before but relied on a network of contacts, which made her much more credible as a character. Then in season 5, they retconned Krypton's destruction as having been caused by Zod, even though we got photos back in season 2 that showed signs of a supernova that destroyed Rao & took Krypton with it. That was back in Skinwalker when the wolf constellation Kyla was showing Clark was missing an eye, which was Rao. Virgil Swann's images in Rosetta showed a gaping "hole" where Rao & Krypton once were. Had Zod just destroyed Krypton like season 5 retconned, then Rao would have been visible in those images, but it wasn't. Just cosmic dust from a dead star that blew up. The worst came in seasons 7 & 8 when we got the Veritas story & plot that ruined the 2nd half of season 7 and the plot in Eternal with the retconning of events in the Pilot, Lex's childhood with that box made of St. George's armor (which he didn't get until he turned 11 or 12), and Sageeth (who was explained & proven as Lex in Talisman, explained as being Clark in Quest & explained as being Davis/Doomsday in Eternal). Even Kandor showed Jor-El being the creator of the stones & orb which contradicted the stones having been on Earth in the 1600s back in season 4 and the orb being buried in the Luthor fireplace since at least World War II when the clock holding the orb's key & its cryptograph were commissioned.

Good memory. Jeez, it makes me embarrassed I keep watching this show. The other shows I watch (which are just a few) are so much better than Smallville, that Smallville is like my "dirty little secret". If I was smarter I'd quit watching now. Actually if I was smarter, I would have quit in season 5, but apparently I'm a glutton for punishment. If only they would stop adding some awesome episodes in to their seasons, it'd be easier to quit I guess. I just can't get over the thought that this show would be so much better if the writers and directors (and hell even the producers) cared enough about the plot line, the story, and continuity to know what the heck happened in the past on this show and not just ignore it, hope the audience ignores it, or completely overlooks it.

----- Added 3 Minutes later -----

Originally posted by CerberuX
      Thats the team. Clark, Lois + Jimmy. Wasn't pointless at all, Lois wanted some photo's of Superman who does she call, her photographer! And Chloe was an intern or whatever wayyy back at the Daily Planet. Jimmy has always been young in the comics... Hence why they had to get rid of Henry J Olsen in the first place.
      Good for you. Glad you got your mythos fix. Me, on the other hand, thinks it was pointless for this Superman story and everything they've given us on Smallville concerning Jimmy Olsen to even mention him. We could have just fanwanked he was there or not there, depending on your predilection for the Olsen plot. But, in reality, Jimmy Olsen in the mythos wasn't working with grown up Superman, Clark, and Lois Lane when he was 14-16, was he? I may be wrong, but I always thought he was just a very young adult, not a kid entering high school. I don't own every comic book or have them memorized like some of you do though so I could be wrong. I'm just not one who can close my eyes and ignore what happened on this show before now just to get my little "Ya, it's mythos in the future" moment.
      Last edited by La Donna; 05-15-2010, 12:30 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Comment

Since S8 they are trying to push the bull**** under the rug. I honestly couldn't be more on their side for that. If you really look at Smallville it ended at the end of Season 7. 8+9 are a different show same cast, different in every way imaginable, they just never changed the name for reasons I don't get.

They follow the main plots of the mythos really well and bend things only a little and wouldn't **** anything completely up anymore.. However they do so as a pre-mythos show if you will. Don't let S8+9 be a guilty secret, for the most part 8 is great and 9 even better. It's actually showing you how Clark goes from annoying to Superman, which it failed to do the first 7 years. Only thing I'm a little worried about is Lois 100% finding out who Clark is.. Seems kind of odd, shouldn't happen till after Supes has been around for a while.

Edit:

What his exact age was I don't know, high end teens I'd say.. Personally I have no problem with 16ish. Besides there was no actual age given for Jimmy, he looked young sure but some people can look young for their age *shrug* I'd be willing to buy that stuff as long as they don't make him age stupidly, like season 10 he is early 20 or something .
        Last edited by CerberuX; 05-15-2010, 12:36 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by amberdawn
          That little turd is not Jimmy.
          I agree, but I didn't like Jimmy either.

Comment

Originally posted by La Donna
            Good memory. Jeez, it makes me embarrassed I keep watching this show.
            Then don't watch it. We don't need fans who are embarassed and treat Smallville as their "dirty little secret". I love the show and I'm not embarassed to admit it. AND, I saw no problem in bringing up Jimmy.

Comment

I choose to believe that the only reason Clark and Lois are still in the basement is this show has no money for a new set. Which lowers my expectations even more for Darkseid.

Comment

I didn't have a problem with the Jimmy mention. If the kid was what, 12 last year, four years from then he'd be 16 - he could be interning at the Planet.

So I guess while I think the show has had continuity issues in the past, last night's episode wasn't one of them.
                If I recall correctly in the comics Clark is somewhere in his 30's and Jimmy somewhere late teen.

Comment

The whole I thought how much cooler that scene would have been with the original Jimmy. I will never, ever, ever forgive them for that move.

Comment

Originally posted by Dyanara
                    I choose to believe that the only reason Clark and Lois are still in the basement is this show has no money for a new set. Which lowers my expectations even more for Darkseid.
                    Thats actually an excellent point. I never thought about the basement thing. Still it's an established place that we've known for so many years, just makes you wonder why they made the Daily Planet so big but decided to put people in the basement, never heard anything about another floor have we ?

I wish these guys got better ratings/budget they have really pulled the show around since the begining of S8, Clarkwise anyway if you didn't like Doomsday.

Comment

Originally posted by Dyanara
                      Yeah, I'm not hopeful for it either.

Comment

Originally posted by Ravelle
                        If I recall correctly in the comics Clark is somewhere in his 30's and Jimmy somewhere late teen.
                        Yeah, but it's not like they pay attention to the comics. They're selective about what the want to follow & want they don't. If Jimmy is supposed to be that young, then so is Lucy Lane who dates him in the comics. Lana isn't supposed to be wearing a super suit. There are so many other things that I won't mention involving Lex, Bizarro, Brainiac, and other characters because it would take too long.

Comment

Originally posted by CerberuX
                          Since S8 they are trying to push the bull**** under the rug. I honestly couldn't be more on their side for that. If you really look at Smallville it ended at the end of Season 7. 8+9 are a different show same cast, different in every way imaginable, they just never changed the name for reasons I don't get.

They follow the main plots of the mythos really well and bend things only a little and wouldn't **** anything completely up anymore.. However they do so as a pre-mythos show if you will. Don't let S8+9 be a guilty secret, for the most part 8 is great and 9 even better. It's actually showing you how Clark goes from annoying to Superman, which it failed to do the first 7 years. Only thing I'm a little worried about is Lois 100% finding out who Clark is.. Seems kind of odd, shouldn't happen till after Supes has been around for a while.

Edit:

What his exact age was I don't know, high end teens I'd say.. Personally I have no problem with 16ish. Besides there was no actual age given for Jimmy, he looked young sure but some people can look young for their age *shrug* I'd be willing to buy that stuff as long as they don't make him age stupidly, like season 10 he is early 20 or something .
                          I think season 8 and 9 are a huge improvement. I loved the first three seasons, and I feel it almost would have been better to skip from season 3 maybe 4, and time jump to season 8. My biggest grief is that I just can't get past the story THEY told. They set those things in motion, but now we're supposed to overlook them. Lana's arc last year didn't even fit in the season 8 story line. Now, if they did her episodes, with that storyline, for the first 5 episodes of season 8, it would have fit a lot better. I still wouldn't have loved it, but it wouldn't have screwed up season 8 for me. So, I totally agree that seasons 8 (for a lot of it), and season 9 (for most of it), are much better seasons then the last several that came before it. I wish they had changed the name. I sort of wish they had just come out and said "Okay, we're sorting of changing things around, and now it's going to be a bit different". Then I could just go with this new story line without being weighed down by "But, but, but....that goes against what they did in season 5?" and doubts like that. I think they should have changed it to "Metropolis".

I'd be much more annoyed if they did cast a Jimmy to show and he was 20 or older. So, I'd rather have out of sight Jimmy who could be an intern rather than an adult Jimmy. But, I'd just rather they either changed Lois's dialogue like I said before, or left it out. I'll just assume that Lois took the kid under her wing since it's her cousins brother in law. I just wish it was gone and I didn't have to make up an excuse for it!

Originally posted by MadDogLane
                          Then don't watch it. We don't need fans who are embarassed and treat Smallville as their "dirty little secret". I love the show and I'm not embarassed to admit it. AND, I saw no problem in bringing up Jimmy.
                          Don't watch it? I never considered that. Jeez, thanks!
                          But seriously, you aren't supposed to tell people to stop watching (I don't think). Plus, this show does need fans, even if they're embarrassed about watching it. This isn't some huge hit. It hasn't gotten cancelled, and will likely end in season 10 anyways, but it could definitely benefit from a higher ratings amount. So, there's no sense trying to cut viewers out because they don't feel the same way about the show as you do. I could watch it because I hate it and laugh at it, and that would still be fine. It's not cool for you to act like the only people who should watch and post here are people that love the show and want to only say positive things about it. I mean, there's probably threads for that somewhere, but this is in a general discussion of the show. As long as I'm not bashing a character, or baiting fans or something, than my negative opinion is just as valid a post as your positive one.

Comment

Jimmy is 16 in 2013. Clark would be 26, Jimmy is supposed to be at least 10 years younger.

Comment

Originally posted by Ravelle
                              That would at least be something. I hope that's the case. Every incarnation I've ever seen show him as a young 20 something year old.

Originally posted by amberdawn
                              Yeah, I'm not hopeful for it either.
                              Me neither. It just seems too big for what they have the budget for. Plus, that's a hard one to pull off for a season long villain.

For the "no money for a new set", I don't think it would have been too expensive to just switch a few things around to show the desks up stairs. I mean, they change sets a lot and re-use all sorts of sets to be other places. Or they could just set the change up in one of their episodes, where the DP is being worked on or re-arranged and all reporters are in the basement

----- Added 1 Minutes later -----

Originally posted by stovers
                              Jimmy is 16 in 2013. Clark would be 26, Jimmy is supposed to be at least 10 years younger.

For real? You mean they have may have gotten something right on the button? If so, Congrats Smallville! Way to go. See, you could do it all along. Now, let's keep that up for season 10, shall we?
                              Last edited by La Donna; 05-15-2010, 01:11 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Comment

Originally posted by stovers
                                Wow 26 really? I lost track of his age I just assumed 23ish... I want to say "Where the hell is my Superman b*tches".. But that would be kind of pointless after Salvation! !

Edit: Oh shi.. Dumbass alert.. 2013 *facepalms self*

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎