No announcement yet.

"Clois Scenes"

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by curiosity
    She couldn't have known in the barn, even when he hugged her and said, "I'll be watching over you". The face she made was confusion, because she had, at that moment, pick- pocketed the book, from Clark. She could not have known because she still took the book from Clark and went to give it to Zod/Blur.

When she touched Zod's hand, and Zod threw her, she knew at that point Zod was not the Blur, but still did not know it was Clark. When she got up from the throw, she spoke to the Blur in her Lois/ Blur voice because she still didn't know. She turned around to hand him the book, then he kissed her. After she opened her eyes and said, "Clark". This is the point at which she realized.
    Nope, nope, nope!

I'm quite happy to argue myself blue in the face on this one, and no, I do not expect to actually change anyone's mind about this. Either you see it the way I & so many other CLoisers do, or you don't. Which is just fine.

I just like discussing it. Ad nauseum. Ad infinitum.

When Clark said "Just know that wherever you go, I will be watching over you," he used not only the very same words as the Blur, but even the very same inflection. The voice modulator doesn't hide that.

Yes, she most likely just found the BoR at that moment, so yes, she would certainly be confused. Why would *Clark* use that exact phrase with her *and* have the BoR that Zod claimed "villainous" Clark was keeping from him?

So why didn't she just come right out and nail him to the wall right then and there? Because she was so very confused. She took it as the ultimate ace-up-the-sleeve. By taking it, she would be able to force the *real* Blur's hand, whomever he may really be.

After all, she didn't give it to ZodNotBlur right away. She was still trying to determine The Truth. She was just ALMOST convinced when ZodNotBlur first touched her shoulder. The familiarity in that gesture and the pained look on her face as she finally started to really accept the idea that Zod was the Blur said it all.

And then she touched his hand and knew he was NOT The One.

Zod's not the Blur.
    Zod painted Clark as the villain.
    Zod said that Clark was keeping the BoR from him and was threatening everything he worked so hard for--nice little manipulation of the truth there.

Clark has been keeping tabs on Zod.
    Clark has a journal full of Krypto-symbols.
    Clark had the Book of Rao.
    Clark used the EXACT same phrase as The Real Blur.
    Clark's been keeping something from her for a long time.
    Clark would rather push her away in the face of potentially impending Armageddon in spite of the fact that he knew 'she's the one he's always needed.'

Oh, and let's not forget that she did spend a good solid day back in Idol putting all the Clark & Blur puzzle pieces together in her own mind. She may have tried to dismiss them after the whole phonebooth phone-call fake-out, but you know she did not, would not, could not, just forget altogether.

Nor will I dismiss the fact that she did not look at all confused about whether the man standing in the shadows was the Real Blur. Not even when he maintained total silence, and even though she had just been almost completely fooled by an impostor.

She asked for his forgiveness for thinking Zod was him, and there was not even the slightest hint of doubt in her face, her eyes, or her voice. She knew exactly who she was talking to. She knew he was the real deal and was confident enough to give *back* the BoR without being asked.

She KNEW.

Then the hand she knew so well, even in the dark with her eyes closed, wrapped around hers, swung her into his arms in a distinctly Clark-like manner, and they Kissed *THE KISS of REVELATION*. (And I am more certain than ever that she peaked just as he pulled her in for The Kiss!)

And she KNEW she'd been right.

That's my story and I'm sticking to it! :P
    Last edited by BrenRen; 05-26-2010, 10:00 AM. Reason: "fulled" and "fooled" are two very different things... :p

Comment

• Originally posted by BrenRen
      Clark would rather push her away in the face of potentially impending Armageddon in spite of the fact that he knew 'she's the one he's always needed.'
      This actually makes it much more palatable how he acted in that loft scene. I understood this is what he was doing, but coming from a logical train of thought, I felt he should have handled it better. THAT said, I completely understand why he didn't though. I think it was you, Bren, who pointed out that he was so taken, emotionally, mentally, with having to leave her, that perhaps reason didn't even enter the equation. And of course, that would explain how he was oblivious to Lois' hand in his pants...

I thought at first that she had regognized his words, just by the way they filmed/edited that particular moment. The music changed (major hint that something major had just happened), her face changed (she knows something), her demeanor changed. Now, in hindsight, it could have been as simple as her finding the BoR...but, they couldn't have edited it that way if it was just that.

You DO make a very compelling argument, and there's really no debate as to Lois' utter confusion throughout the entire episode. She was put into a position in Idol, possibly even further back, to doubt her instincts and what they were telling her. That'll throw anyone into a tailspin of doubt and misplaced loyalty. And that's what I saw happening. What's awesome, what I figured would happen, was after that kiss...there was no more doubt, her instincts were vindicated, and she seemed relieved, proud and utterly overjoyed in that final moment of her last scene.

Comment

• To any- and everyone headed to San Diego in July.

SARITA “NEW MAMA BEAR” NOT-TELLING-YOU-MY-LAST-NAME ASKS THAT SOMEONE ASK KELLY AND BRAIN ABOUT THE BRACELET AT COMIC-CON. Please and thank you.

Comment

• Originally posted by hellokitty
          You DO make a very compelling argument, and there's really no debate as to Lois' utter confusion throughout the entire episode. She was put into a position in Idol, possibly even further back, to doubt her instincts and what they were telling her. That'll throw anyone into a tailspin of doubt and misplaced loyalty. And that's what I saw happening. What's awesome, what I figured would happen, was after that kiss...there was no more doubt, her instincts were vindicated, and she seemed relieved, proud and utterly overjoyed in that final moment of her last scene.

Weeellll... at the risk of flogging the dead equine until morale improves... personally speaking, I didn't see much doubt whatsoever *before* the Kiss, from the moment she came to in that bed of flowers. There was no doubt in her voice, no hesitation, and the only uncertainty I detected was her concern as to whether he could forgive her for thinking Zod was him.

Even though he stayed hidden in the shadows, even though he refused to speak one single word, and even though she had just almost had the proverbial wool pulled over her eyes by the NotBlurZod, she knew it was *him*. The *Real* Blur. From nothing more than the shape of his silhouette. And she then proffered the BoR--with her back turned. Still respecting his secret--even though (as far as I'm concerned, anyway) she already knew the truth.

That was pretty much the crux of Lois's dilemma regarding the whole secret identity thing from Idol forward. Deep down, she knew she'd been right, but even though she claimed it would be "easier" for them to be one and the same, it hurt her far less to be wrong than to be right and accept the fact that Clark was still not ready or willing to share that part of himself with her, to be completely open and honest with her, to stop holding back.

And at the same time, she couldn't really blame him all that much, since she herself was doing the very same thing. She was trying, oh how she was trying, but she couldn't quite bring herself to be completely open and honest with him either. As Clark told Martha in Hostage, there was another side of Lois Lane that she only shared with The Blur, not Clark. And in the loft, she could have confronted him with Zod's claim, but instead she went the emotional blackmail attempt route, throwing Perry White's Africa offer in his face in the hope that he'd rather tell her than lose her.

So when Clark again refused, when he tried to push her away for her own good--only total Lunkhead-Clark would think it would hurt less to just disappear off the face of the earth, literally and without rhyme or reason, than to tell her the truth and then "rip it way" when he goes poof--but he couldn't quite keep himself from giving her another very telling hint at the truth by using his own Blur-worded vow to keep watch over her. She had to be on total overload at that point.

And I keep coming back to that moment when ZodNotBlur first touched her shoulder, promising never to betray her the way Clark did. Before she touched that hand and knew it was not the Real Blur, she had a half-second of nearly being convinced that she'd been wrong, dead wrong about Clark all this time. That's when her heart truly shattered. Then she touched the wrong hand and knew it, and there was definitely more than a hint of relief in her expression.

Then Zod tosses Lois, Clark knocks Zod into next Tuesday & saves Lois, lays her down on a bed of flowers, and zips back into the darky-shadows.

Lois gets up, looks around, a bit, dazed, and then seems to simply sense his presence just before she turns around to see him in those darky-shadows. She walked right up to him, and, like I said in the beginning of this saga of soap operatic proportions, there was no hint of doubt in her voice or even in her eyes, and the only uncertainty in there was in regards to how *he* felt about her mistaking the impostor for the real deal.

I will never, ever, ever tire of discussing this particular Revelation. I'm telling ya, I've been waiting for the Kiss of Revelation since Superman 2 came out back in 1980--I may have been a very young Shipper at the time, but I knew that Kiss of Forgetfulness just was not right. And I knew the only way to make it right was for Lois to get a Kiss that told her *Everything* she needed to know about Clark Kent Superman. The Kiss of Revelation is abso-Super-lutely the very best Revelation scenario in all the multiverses as far as this die-hard SciFi-geek romantic is concerned!
          Last edited by BrenRen; 05-31-2010, 09:39 PM.

Comment

• Wow….i can see that this thread has been busy.

Anyways, I enjoyed the clois in this episode.

I do enjoy the fact that Lois’s heart knows the difference between the real blur and the fake one.

Something tells me that had Clark been the one to reveal himself at the beginning of the episode instead of Zod, that Lois would’ve had a more positive reaction to it than she did with Zod’s fake one.

I’m still just glad that they gave us enough hints to show that Lois had a hunch that Clark was the blur after the Zod fiasco.

The fact that she was returning the BOR to Clark’s blur when:

1. She didn’t know that the real blur was looking for that object.

2. She had asked him to speak in front of her..which was a first and idol had proved that Lois knows Clark’s voice very well.

So yeah..I’m good with the episode..it was the saving grace for me after so 2 depressing episodes.

Comment

• call me a freakin hopeless romantic...buuut, now they can talk about it, she can say "clark it doesnt matter to me that you arent human. i have always loved you and i always will." then he of course has to say those 3 words or 4 in that case, then they share a passionate kiss and finally we get some clois action.hellllo?
              if they make her forget what happened i think i'll go freaking mad..xD

Comment

• i loved the salvation kiss, but my favorite is the counter. sooo sexy!

Comment

• I love this relationship! Clark is so manly and sexy with Lois

Comment

• I love the kiss between the Blur and Lois in Season 9 - last episode. I think it was really in slow motion - their saliva on their lips. I think TW and ED really felt it. I'm not kiddin....its passionate and Lois almost fainted.All in all I love their kisses and lovemaking!!!

Comment

Working...
                    X
                    😀
                    🥰
                    🤢
                    😎
                    😡
                    👍
                    👎