This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Special Effects in "Salvation"

Talk about the special effects here!

That Falcon Punch by Clark to Zod after he threw lois was pretty good.

Comment

everything was awesome especially the one with the kandorians being sucked away

Comment

I thought some of the effects showing the various landmarks on fire (particularly the wall of China and, um, I think it was the Parthenon, but I don't remember exactly) was a bit cheesy looking. I realize the shots were only up there for a couple of seconds, but it didn't look to me at all like they were on fire.

I got to admit, though, I did like (if that is the right term) the shot of the Washington Monument. That was chilling.

Otherwise, I thought the effects were very good in this episode.

Comment

Loved the effects:
          *The Kandorian flying was all real nice(though they can't slip that Bizarro fortress flight by me lol, I'll forgive them)
          *The Book of Rao sucking everyone away was great looking and the lighting added a real nice look to the showdown with Clark and Zod.
          *Clark punching Zod and saving Lois in the streets in slo-mo also stood out.
          *The Kandorians trashing the planet was also real nice.

Comment

The Zod depowered punch to Clark's face was hella cool. I know it is not really a special effect....but the makeup on Cassidy....man it is hard to make that woman look ugly....but they sure did a heck of a job with with the burns.

Comment

great use of sfx tonight. From the kandorians flying, to the book of rao teleporter, to the slo mo fight scene. I enjoyed it all. Also tess's burned face looked great.

Comment

Par for the course, I feel they've been doing great with their limited budget all year. A few snags here and there, but overall, the effects have been well used and efficiently placed in each episode. I thought they were awesome here, they were great for what they were representing (the super-punch, the super hearing, the super speed). Of note was the effect they used for the Kandorian's beam-up. I thought that was actually quite beautiful. Only weird stuff was the fake fire during the world-domination parts...but that's beyond forgiveable.

The final scene of Clark falling with the blueK dagger was incredible, actually! A+ from me on this one.

----- Added 1 Minutes later -----

Originally posted by corfy
                I thought some of the effects showing the various landmarks on fire (particularly the wall of China and, um, I think it was the Parthenon, but I don't remember exactly) was a bit cheesy looking. I realize the shots were only up there for a couple of seconds, but it didn't look to me at all like they were on fire.

I got to admit, though, I did like (if that is the right term) the shot of the Washington Monument. That was chilling.

Otherwise, I thought the effects were very good in this episode.
                I think it succeeded in its intent then. As an American, that part got to me more than the other world monuments, as many from those countries would probably feel the same. I did forget to say that Vala's heat vision scene was particularly intense.
                Last edited by hellokitty; 05-14-2010, 07:40 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Comment

I think the the Zod symbols on the buildings looked pretty good. However, the the plane and banner at the beginning looked a little too CGI for me. But other than that, looked pretty darn good to me!

Comment

yea even with their slashed budgets over the yrs they still been able to pull off some great effects for a weekly show.

Comment

I though tonight's episode was great. A great use of the special effects. I think they gave us a bit of everything we've been asking for in the forum. I'm very happy with the Season finale. One of my fav's in a while, which is a good sign.

Comment

Effects were perfect tonight! The final ten minutes blew me away by how awesome they were!

They did a great job on Tess' face too.

Comment

totally one of the best in yrs.

Comment

This really bugs me. People keep saying that the budget is low and that subconsciously makes me feel like the effects are rushed, which is the opposite. The budget may be lower then it was i previous years but I don't think it's exactly "low." In fact I'd say it's pretty high.

Every one on these forums should stop being so negative. Every time I come on here, instead of just discussing stuff, I end up leaving a bit pissed because people depressive and negative attitudes just get a bit annoying. Now I'm not referring to anyone specific in this thread or any other, but just in general.

Comment

well from what i read on other boards prior to season 6 they had the budget upwards of around 3mill dollars per episode. and presently we are around 1.5-2.5mill per episode.

Comment

Working...
                              X
                              😀
                              🥰
                              🤢
                              😎
                              😡
                              👍
                              👎