No announcement yet.

Sam's Appearance

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sam's Appearance

Maybe this is more speculation in which case I can move it but I'm just trying to figure out what others thought of the end with Sam showing up.

I couldn't tell if Sam showing up at the end was Lucifer? Sam? was he happy? Sad? what? Was he checking to make sure Dean kept his promise? Was he plotting his death? Does that mean he killed Michael? Does that mean the cage failed?

Sam had to be some form a demon or a spirit to make the light flicker so what does everyone think that means?

I figured since God had helped Castiel come back fully powerful again, maybe God helped Sam come back the way Castiel pulled Dean of the grave before.

Comment

I'm thinking it was Sam. The light flicker could be explained by all the demon blood he drank. He still would need to "detox" as before, I assume. Or, as someone else suggested in another thread, the light flickering could be from what ever power brought Sam back.

Comment

Originally posted by Ginx
        Sam had to be some form a demon or a spirit to make the light flicker so what does everyone think that means?
        Don't angels have the power to make lights go out too? I think that's what happened when Cas first showed up in the beginning of season 4.

And if God did pull Sam out of the cage, I don't think the demon blood would still hold any affect on him, because when God pulled him and Dean out of the convent when Lucifer was rising and put them on that airplane, he 'wiped Sam clean' of his demon stuff, right??

So there's a slight possibility that he could have some angel powers I guess, along with the demon speculation.

Comment

Originally posted by smallvilleaddict15
          And if God did pull Sam out of the cage, I don't think the demon blood would still hold any affect on him, because when God pulled him and Dean out of the convent when Lucifer was rising and put them on that airplane, he 'wiped Sam clean' of his demon stuff, right??
          I used to think that until Good God Y'all, because Sam's thirst for the blood was still there. And in My Bloody Valentine, it really showed up to the point that Sam's powers were seen again after he drank blood. If the demon blood within Sam would have been gone, then his powers would have also disappeared.

So there's a slight possibility that he could have some angel powers I guess, along with the demon speculation.
          It's possible that they're making Sam to be Supernatural's version of the angel Samael. Perhaps he became a modern day angel. Or as I suggested, he could become the new Lilith---like Michael's first demon if Michael rebels now that he's trapped. I could just imagine how pissed Michael must be---the loyal angel who followed all his orders, didn't rebel but ended up in hell. And everything he believed in---his destiny---was all fake and never happened. I think that would be the most interesting path forward. If the cage could only hold 1 angel and that 1 angel is Michael, then it could mean that Lucifer is free and is Sam as we saw at the end of the episode. And if Lucifer can break the new seals, he may believe that he will have a new ally in Michael as the 2nd devil. That would be a plot fitting to end the series with.

Comment

Originally posted by xrayvision
            I used to think that until Good God Y'all, because Sam's thirst for the blood was still there. And in My Bloody Valentine, it really showed up to the point that Sam's powers were seen again after he drank blood. If the demon blood within Sam would have been gone, then his powers would have also disappeared.
            Well I know that Sam still had that thirst for the blood after he saw it again, and missed the feeling of power it gave him.(and he still had his powers, just needed to give them a boost)

Azazel put blood in him as a kid, so I don't think you could scrub that main demon blood out of him without taking out part of Sam himself, but I think they meant that God got rid of the recent blood Sam ingested. So Azazel gave him the initial demon powers, Sam just needed to tap in to the blood stream to get going. So the powers will always be there (I'm guessing) just depends if Sam is 'dormant' with them or not.

It's possible that they're making Sam to be Supernatural's version of the angel Samael. Perhaps he became a modern day angel. Or as I suggested, he could become the new Lilith---like Michael's first demon if Michael rebels now that he's trapped. I could just imagine how pissed Michael must be---the loyal angel who followed all his orders, didn't rebel but ended up in hell. And everything he believed in---his destiny---was all fake and never happened. I think that would be the most interesting path forward. If the cage could only hold 1 angel and that 1 angel is Michael, then it could mean that Lucifer is free and is Sam as we saw at the end of the episode. And if Lucifer can break the new seals, he may believe that he will have a new ally in Michael as the 2nd devil. That would be a plot fitting to end the series with.
            Ah, I don't really want to think that Michael would be the new Lucifer. I mean,with all the talking before the 'showdown' he mentioned that Lucifer hasn't changed, and that he(Michael) wasn't going to rebel then after all the years. So I can't figure Michael starting the whole thing over and making Sam his first demon. Sure it sucks he's in the cage, but something's up. If that was really Sam at the end, did God pull him out?

Too many questions to speculate on. Guess we'll have to wait till next season, and pray that the writers give us some answers on the subject matter!

Comment

im thinking its either sam with lucifer in him just sam is stronger or it was sams spirit checking on dean and sams body is in the pit.

Comment

I've said this over and over again, but since next season is supposed to be a fresh start apparently with Dean and Sam, I think it's just Sam.

Comment

Either history is repeating itself with that ending or the neighborhood's wiring is shotty.

Comment

Well for the light burning out, it could have just went out, which would make it easier for Sam to look over and hard for Dean to look back and yell out, "Sammy!".

I'm for either idea I suppose.

Either Sam returned as Samael, or Sam is now vowing himself to protect Dean, Lisa and Ben for as long as he can so Dean can have the life that Sam wanted.

Comment

The question i'll be asking myself all summer will be: what is the new arc for Season 6?

Comment

Originally posted by amberdawn
                        I've said this over and over again, but since next season is supposed to be a fresh start apparently with Dean and Sam, I think it's just Sam.
                        ya its most likely just sam but figuring out how would be the hard part. like explaining how he got out and what happened with lucifer. or if sam is even sam. maybe god made a sam clone. like cas coming back after being blown up 2 times. its still cas but agian its a newer cas. so itwould still be sam but a different sam. like with a new soul or something.

----- Added 2 Minutes later -----

Originally posted by Clois4eva89
                        The question i'll be asking myself all summer will be: what is the new arc for Season 6?
                        ya thats the biggest question seeing how it ended with no major cliffhanger but sam standing outside. i just hope dean stays with the family life and its not over in the first episode. or they will make dean like john and have the girlfriend die and him and sam need to raise ben. would be intresting if they have ben become the second coming of christ and he will have to do battle with the anti christ kid. that could probably work.
                        Last edited by superhippie2000; 05-14-2010, 06:51 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Comment

A pretty interesting storyline in Season 6 would be having Sam's spirit following Dean around, and Dean can see Sam. Some funny scenes could happen as well, like Dean talking to Sam while investigating a case, only to have the person Dean's interviewing, think he's crazy.

Comment

it's sam. the light flicker was just the result of the energy that made sam appear there. sam's expression was just a straight face, so we wouldn't know what he was thinking. but it looks like after he saw dean moving on with his life, he was just wondering if maybe he shouldn't let dean know he's back.

Comment

Well it's either the ghost of Sam or Sam fully resurrected. I'm going with the latter. I think the light flickering/going out was a result of him being resurrected and a drain of power in the area ya know what I'm saying?

----- Added 43 Seconds later -----

Originally posted by hellnback
                              it's sam. the light flicker was just the result of the energy that made sam appear there.
                              Wow we posted the same exact thing at the same time
                              Last edited by kryptonhero25; 05-14-2010, 07:21 PM.

Comment

Working...
                              X
                              😀
                              🥰
                              🤢
                              😎
                              😡
                              👍
                              👎