Collapse
No announcement yet.

Chuck God?

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Joshua even said the amulet wouldn't help.

Castiel thought it would, probably because the scythe burned red hot within Death's presence(most likely there are certain artifacts that have that capability), but the amulet was mostly just a sign of brotherhood between Sam and Dean and then a sign of friendship and loyalty between Dean and Castiel.

And, I actually have a thought on something we could see next season.

Maybe Sam wants to somehow communicate with Dean and finds the amulet from where Dean tossed it and gives it to Ben.
    Last edited by Call_Me_Ishmael; 05-14-2010, 12:06 AM.

Comment

And isn't that a play on the episode "The End"?

Because this is how the end actually happens between the whole Apocalypse storyline.

Comment

When I saw it say The End at the end, I immediately thought about the title of that episode. And unlike The End, Chuck here seemingly went to Heaven whereas in The End, he stayed to fight with Dean, not being rewarded since there was no reason to celebrate.

Comment

Maybe Sam is a ghost?

Comment

Not sure if its been said somewhere in these forums before but the one thing I don't get about Chuck being God is...... wouldn't Deans necklace have been all a-glow whenever he was near?

Comment

Originally posted by Vilem
              Not sure if its been said somewhere in these forums before but the one thing I don't get about Chuck being God is...... wouldn't Deans necklace have been all a-glow whenever he was near?
              Not really. Remember what Joshua said? "You won't find him. Magic necklace or no magic necklace." God can do ANYTHING. Hence, he can hide from a God-detecting amulet.

Comment

^^Also, that was the real Chuck as opposed to God-as-Chuck. I'm pretty sure there is a real Chuck as seen in The End. I doubt if Chuck was really God, that He would have stayed & been a victim of Lucifer destroying the world He created.

Comment

Thats true, forgot about that. Seems like a bit of a cop out though. More like a retcon... "actually the necklace would have never worked because we need Chuck to be God and for it all to make sense".

----- Added 59 Seconds later -----

Yeah Xray, the real chuck and god chuck thing does make the most sense to me personally even though i kind of prefer the idea of him being God the whole time.
                  Last edited by Vilem; 05-14-2010, 12:41 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Comment

i think chuck was the god all along. since we are talking about god it doesnt make sense to me if he needs a vessel. if he is the god created every thing how come he would need a mortal body to stay on earth.

Comment

God is always the writer.

It's the classic methapor.

That said, I'm happy to take it as just a possibility. Keeps the mystery that way.

Comment

Originally posted by plat3
                        i think chuck was the god all along. since we are talking about god it doesnt make sense to me if he needs a vessel. if he is the god created every thing how come he would need a mortal body to stay on earth.
                        I think it isn't supposed to be as simple as that.

God is the writer. That much seems fitting on a metaphorical level. But thinking of God as a being that needs vessels is much to simple and literal. Still, I suppose if God had some sort of earthly manifestation it could be anything so it might as well be Chuck.

Comment

Chuck = God. I saw it before I read it here

Its genius writing. Didn't Chuck/God look at the camera before he poofed, or is my memory playing tricks on me?

Its like God wrote the ending he wanted. We will find out next season that God had a plan all along, for Lucifer and Michael to both end up caged for whatever reason, maybe to make them work out their issues without ending the world.

Comment

Originally posted by Mar-El
                            I'm kind of hoping Kripke doesn't come out and resolve this. It's way too much fun to see all the different interpretations and something as big as this should be left open to interpretation, IMO.
                            I completely agree. The fact that people are discussing, interpreting and making creative (and logical) assessments really gives me a sense that the story is such a success. I've respected the writers, producers, directors and actors involved with Supernatural since day one and it's because of situations like this. I LOVE that we, as an audience can do this.

Comment

Perhaps Chuck was God, I wondered about the whole disappearing act thing. I guess we will see though. But yeah there is probably a real Chuck too if that's true.

Comment

Since Chuck didn't know what the outcome was, that gives more credence to him being a prophet. Biblical prophets only knew what had been revealed to them, not anything more, whereas God knows all. Chuck wouldn't be the first prophet to have been taken from earth without dying.

I guess in a weird way, it makes sense to me.

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎