Collapse
No announcement yet.

Chuck God?

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Could this be a possible theory? Prophets are vessels for god himself. Or something along those lines.

Comment

I think Chuck was God in this episode because this was Kripke's last episode of the series and he would have wanted to be in charge of the show when God was introduced.

Comment

Originally posted by xrayvision
        I think Chuck was God in this episode because this was Kripke's last episode of the series and he would have wanted to be in charge of the show when God was introduced.
        Hmmm. Chuck=Kripke?

Kidding, but I can see how the 'poofing' after writing the last chapter could mirror Kripke's exit.

Comment

Originally posted by Leo
          I too thought this. When the sun reflected off of the car and caught Lucifer's eye, I thought it was about to be revealed that the Impala was God.
          I thought the same thing....I was like *gasp* God really is in the Impala!! But even though that didn't turn out to be the case, I love how the car played such a vital role in pulling Sam back.

As far as Chuck = God, I'm not so sure. I think maybe he was just a prophet and his job was done so he was taken away, presumabley to heaven. Wouldn't be the first prophet to just "poof"...

Comment

for the comment on "wouldn't cas recognize him"

i'de have to disagree with that. remember what anna said a long time ago. only 4 angels have seen his face. im assuming they are the archangels.

plus, in the end, he is god. he probably doesn't need a vessel and can just make one up for himself. heck if gabriel can make himself a vessel, so can god. so i dont think chuck was ever really a person, but more of a creation where god can walk among the people, and act like them to get a feeling of how it feels to be connected to people with free wills. vs the order following angels he had in his midst

Comment

Originally posted by SirJeremy
              Actually, we *technically* did see God. God, in my interpretation, was the gleam of light that bounced off the Impala, so actually, the Impala was God's "vessel". That's what allowed Lucifer to become weak enough for Sam to gain control.
              Yes yes I like this, I think that is definitely it.
              Last edited by WickedJenn; 05-13-2010, 08:49 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Comment

I'm pretty sure they were getting at the fact that Chuck was God...

He narrated the entire story.

----- Added 3 Minutes later -----

Originally posted by WickedJenn
                Yes yes I like this, I think that is definitely it.
                That couldn't be it at all - it would go against the entire point of the show. God would never intervene to that extent. It would defeat the point of free will and the boys doing this all on their own. That's why God never intervened in the first place. That's why he only narrated the story.
                Last edited by Mar-El; 05-13-2010, 09:04 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Comment

I don't see how a shining light is that much of an interference. I think it was more disguised as the sun glinting next to the army guy which happened to get "Sam" to come forth. Just an interpretation I happen to agree with.

Sam was already there, seeing that just made him get stronger.

Comment

This is just weird!

I mean, yeah Chuck disappeared, but we all seem to be thinking everything/everyone is God.

I think the writers just like screwing with our heads, and giving us more questions when they 'answer' a few.

Comment

Originally posted by WickedJenn
                      I don't see how a shining light is that much of an interference. I think it was more disguised as the sun glinting next to the army guy which happened to get "Sam" to come forth. Just an interpretation I happen to agree with.

Sam was already there, seeing that just made him get stronger.
                      I didn't mean to come off sounding so definitive. It just surprised me to come onto the boards and find out people had different interpretations of who God was supposed to be in this episode. I didn't even think twice about it when I watched it. It just made sense to me that Chuck was God when I was watching, especially given what he said about people not being satisfied with endings - everyone was always asking 'where is God and why doesn't he do something' and this was his way of answering that. Given what Kripke said about God, I assumed it would be a person rather than an object. But then again, to aid your interpretation, at the beginning of the episode, Chuck said the Impala was the most 'important object in the universe'. Who knows

I'm kind of hoping Kripke doesn't come out and resolve this. It's way too much fun to see all the different interpretations and something as big as this should be left open to interpretation, IMO.
                      Last edited by Mar-El; 05-13-2010, 09:25 PM.

Comment

If Chuck was God then why didn't Dean's necklace heat up or whatever around him. Isn't it some sort of God beacon?

Comment

I think Chuck is God. I don't know if he was always God though...

Comment

not sure what to think, i mean it is possible and god well god can do whatever he wants if he wants angels knowing its him or not its all easy for him

Comment

Why Chuck as God makes sense

I think it's entirely possible that there were 2 Chucks--the real one and God who took the form of Chuck.

But whether or not that's true or is ever explained, Chuck being God in Swan Song makes sense. There were times when Dean & Cas were making it up. If Chuck was only a prophet, he would know what the end result would have been. In The Monster At The End Of This Book, Chuck was scared when Dean & Cas showed up because he wasn't familiar with what would happen, since that's not what he saw. That was probably the real Chuck. In this episode, the same thing happened when Dean wanted to know where the battlefield was. But that Chuck was either God or was inhabited by God during that scene because he went from being unfamiliar with the future to telling Dean where the battle would happen. I think the Chuck at the beginning with the hookers was Chuck as Chuck, but either before or during the scene where he interacts with Dean & Cas, he was either inhabited by God or sent to Heaven for fulfilling his duties & replaced by Him.

Comment

there is a SLIGHT chance it was just chuck being more confident in himself or something along those lines...that is until he vanished like my girlfriend when she met my parents

long story short yeah at this point chuck is the leading candidate for being the big cheese himself

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎