Collapse
No announcement yet.

Chuck God?

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I personally do think that Chuck was posessed (or replaced) by God near the end, and at least the first few times we see him he was just a prophet. Having said that, I just watched "Monster at the end of this book" and especially when he was talking to Sam about about him drinking blood I really got a God vibe from him. Not to mention when he said "I am a God" as an explanation for how his characters had come to life. There seem to be a massive amount of in-jokes on the subject in fact, not least of which the character which Kripke obviously identifies with most (being a writer) is revealed to be God, because in a creative sense that is exactly what writers are from the viewpoint of the characters. Even if it is approaching M Night level douchieness.

Comment

• Now that I think about it God was the Impala because I'm not a huge religious fanatic but if you read that prayer or poem, Footsteps, the impala was like God "carrying" Sam and Dean through every struggle the ever had. Just like in Footsteps, God is always carrying you. The whole Chuck thing is to throw us off. The Impala has been God all the while....

Comment

• We might never know who is God and I'm not sure that it should even be fully explained....God always has an aura of mystery around Him. The writers have stated that Chuck is a prophet, and a pretty powerful one at that. The Impala, however, was never really shown to be anything more than Dean's beloved car. The moment when the Impala got through the Sam, was probably one of the best WFT moments on this show. It was outstanding.

I'm anxious to rewatch this episode again when the DVDs come out, but IMO the Impala is God.

Comment

• after rewatching Season 5 I got to thinking that maybe Chuck is God but maybe he doesn't realize he is. I mean they (Angels) protected him pretty fiercely just for being a prophet so maybe the Angels 'had their orders' to protect him and also don't realize who he is.... just a thought.

Comment

• Originally posted by acceberyllom
            If Chuck were God, wouldn't Cas have recognized him earlier? Unless God inhabited Chuck later. /headscratch
            No, he wouldn't have. According to Anna...only the Archangels, the first four beings that God ever created, have ever seen God's true face.

Comment

• I wish they bring back Chuck and resolve this issue. Maybe GOD has a plan that Dean and Sam or just Dean are prophets as well.

Comment

• Originally posted by eifmp
                No, he wouldn't have. According to Anna...only the Archangels, the first four beings that God ever created, have ever seen God's true face.
                That doesn't mean anything either as Raphael is one of those four arcangels and said that God was dead AND he was Chuck's "guardian".

I say that Chuck was just a prophet though and was called up as his "journey" was done and so is the Winchester Gospel(which would be a gnarly book, imo).

And I also still say that God will show up and use John Winchester as his vessel, either JDM, or the younger version from season four and five(I have a theory that John left Earth to Purgatory at the end of season two and he keeps aging younger from time inside Purgatory while searching for Mary who went there after she sacrificed herself in "Home" and once he comes out, God uses him as a vessel and is only on Earth as a spirit, hence what helped Sam control Lucifer at the end of "Swan Song").

And I was reading some comments about the amulet on this thread. The amulet, imo, was only a significance of how Dean and Sam portrayed their parts during the Apocalypse. The amulet was meant to go to John, who was meant, at first, to break the first seal, but Dean did and destiny made Sam give Dean the amulet instead, as that's how the Apocalypse was always meant to play out. The amulet was never a way to find God in season five, but as a way to show how the brothers played their parts and their brotherhood broke apart from episode sixteen. Plus, with Castiel having the amulet during last season, it just showed how Cas and Dean has more of a relationship than Dean and his younger brother.
                Last edited by Anno_Domini; 01-01-2011, 07:48 PM.

Comment

Working...
                X
                😀
                🥰
                🤢
                😎
                😡
                👍
                👎