No announcement yet.

Loved It? Hated It? What did you think of "Founder's Day?"

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Maybe Anna isn't dead?

Hmmm, i just rewatched the eps because i think that there's the possibilty that Anna can return. Do you remember what happened to Alaric after Damon sticked a piece of wood into his chest? He was dead but then, because he was wearing this ring he survived. He was bloody and so on but still he was alive.
    Alaric and Uncle John are both wearing this immortality-rings, right?
    Anna was wearing a ring who gave her the ability to walk in sunlight, right?

But what's about the other ring she's also been wearing???

I capped Anna's and John's hand to show you what i mean.

Maybe she also got on of the immortality-rings? Well, i hope so because that would be a nice surprise. Let's dream a bit...

Comment

They did pretty good with this. As most said it was a slow beginning but picked up well.

I'm glad they touched on the werewolf story, yet didn't go into a lot of detail. They've dropped subtle hints all season. But I think that is a story that can be elaborated on more next season. I was suspicious of Tyler's dad. I kind of figured that was why Tyler's dad was so weird borderline abusive to Tyler. He was preparing Tyler. Now Tyler is on his own, this will be interesting I think. Tyler is a lot more easy to sympathise with in the tv series than in the books.

I figured Anna was going to die. Not that I like it, I think she was a great asset to the show. That actress has quite a bit of talent.

I picked up on Katherine when she was talking to Damon a little bit before they kissed. I take that back, I'll give the boyfriend credit where credit is due. He noticed the missing vervain necklace that Elena always wears to which I squeeeeeed, and excitedly said "that is Katherine"! I rewatched the scene, Jenna did tell her to come into the house. That scene was well written. If my boyfriend didn't point out the lack of vervain necklace they would have snowed me in, I would have never picked up on that being Katherine, as they had successfully distracted me from her.

As for Uncle John. I don't think he's dead. Didn't we hear him sort of stumbling in the kitchen when Elena was downstairs calling for Jeremy? I think Elena will get to Uncle John in time.
      Last edited by UnDoable; 05-15-2010, 10:29 PM.

Comment

lol I'm still hoping that even if it's a flashback or something, they bring 'uncle' John back

Comment

I'm really sad that Anna is dead, I really liked her character, I liked her relationship with Jeremy which was a good contrast to the creepy Elena-Stefan relationship, and she's super pretty. I hope she comes back... it was very emotional to watch her cry in pain in Jeremy's arms.

I'm also sad the mayor's dead though I have no idea why. I'd like to see the werewolf storyline fleshed out more... I have not seen much evidence that Tyler is a werewolf and actually I was not suspecting it. I knew someone would be a werewolf because I read that somewhere, my guess was that it would be Jeremy.

Finally, Catherine came to Mystic Falls. I've been expecting this the entire season, and so it's about time.

I really look forward to season 2.

Comment

Like whoa…way good. I wonder if Damon recognized the kiss. He looked like he knew that kiss from before. I don't think he was fooled.

I gotta handed it to Uncle John …oh I can’t it got chopped off . Oh well as the saying goes; be careful whose toes you step on today it may be attached to the arse you’ll be kissin tomorrow. Uncle John stepped on a lot of toes in this episode .
            Anyhoo… I gave it a 10

Comment

Good finale, I gave it a 9. Although once again the show kills off a bunch of characters in rapid succession. "Adam Monroe" gets offed before his time yet again...they sneakily did it in a way where they made the viewer hate him first (murdering Anna) so you wouldn't mind it (how manipulative of them).

RE: The Katherine reveal -- I wasn't really that suspicious when Damon kissed the apparent Elena, but definitely started to become suspicious after Jenna let her into the house and the way apparent Elena was acting/reacting. Then it became obvious we were dealing with Katherine during the kitchen scene and her odd behavior there as well, even before attacking John Gilbert. I must say Dobrev looked terrific and truly menacing/scary in the vampire makeup/contact lenses, and her "badass" acting was great there as well. Best "Katherine" we've seen from her yet by far. I wonder if she can keep it up?

If Tyler's dad/the mayor was a werewolf or whatever, why was he so terrified of Damon? I guess because he can't "turn" at will? He reacted like a normal person would at the news of Damon being a vamp, not like the "super being" he's supposed to be. Dumb writing there I thought. Funny way to have him die by the way, having his neck snapped by some random scumbag vampire. lol

Originally posted by Saber
              I wonder if Damon recognized the kiss. He looked like he knew that kiss from before. I don't think he was fooled.
              It definitely looks that way doesn't it. Of course, his reaction might have just been one of "confused feelings", as he's apparently only just starting to change, starting to listen to that pesky conscience again (or for the first time since becoming a monster), and is apparently well on his way to Stefanhood/sainthood. heh I find it dumb that vamps can't sense/smell other vamps though. Almost as dumb as vamps not being able to super-chase vamps who super-speed run away (<--that there's a special kind of dumb. heh).

I gotta handed it to Uncle John …oh I can’t it got chopped off .
              Katherine chopping off his fingers reminded me of a similar scene from Supernatural recently where a demon or whatever got his finger cut off to get his ring (source of his power apparently) off in the process. All too familiar.
              Last edited by Xanderman; 05-15-2010, 06:39 PM.

Comment

I thought that the Vampire Diaries finale was very exciting and full of suspense. Well written indeed. My only problem with the episode was that Anna was killed. Damn, can the writers let Jeremy catch a break. Everyone he gets close to dies. Anna had great character depth, I really don't know what the hell Williamson and Plec are doing killing her off. Great twist ending with Katherine though.

Comment

i was calling Elena a whore then it was Katherine my bad and last but not least the WOLVES ARE COMMING

Comment

I think that Tyler is a wearwolf just as the book say.

Comment

Originally posted by STARBASE
                      I capped Anna's and John's hand to show you what i mean.

Maybe she also got on of the immortality-rings? Well, i hope so because that would be a nice surprise. Let's dream a bit...
                      Hey! I am dreaming to then!

Comment

I loved the finale

Yay Katherine is here - I hope to see more of her in season 2
                        Ana needs to be back
                        And I'm worried about Caroline. How did the device affect her but only moments later or what really happened.

Comment

Jeremy as a vamp. Katherine in town, John and anna dead, Tyler a werewolf. Season 2 should be even better than the first

Comment

Are there any humans left?

Comment

haha. it does seem like there isnt anyone "normal" left. the only main characters left that seem to be human are Matt, Caroline, and Aunt jenna. Well, of course alaric aswell but he is a modern day vanhelsing, so hes not realy normal. And we have no idea whats going on with caroline. She may change too.

Comment

"Somewhere along the way, you decided I was worth saving. I wanted to thank you for that."

Why is everyone complaining that it was too slow-paced? I thought it was perfectly paced. Not everything has to be high speed action all the time. They started slow and then built to a great climax. LOVED it. Absolutely loved it. It sucks to see Anna die, but not so much to see John Gilbert dead. Perfect twist at the end and VERY well executed. Part of me kinda wished Sheriff Forbes would have found out about Damon, just because I would think it would be a neat plot to explore next season. And Tyler is a werewolf. Who didn't see that coming? My least favorite part in all of this was Bonnie TBH. I just don't like this "dark" Bonnie. I kinda miss the Bonnie we knew in the earlier episodes.

I give this episode a 10 out of 10.

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎