No announcement yet.

Bliss

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bliss

Lisa isn't affected by it anymore, though I wasn't surprised, considering her memory of the attack was what Anna had done to her. Momma Anna isn't going to be pleased.

^ IA, it was good to see Lisa and Joshua on the same side and I hope they keep helping each other out.

I think she'll be a great addition to the 5th Column when the time comes.

Comment

Originally posted by Super_Kara_2007
      ^ IA, it was good to see Lisa and Joshua on the same side and I hope they keep helping each other out.

I think she'll be a great addition to the 5th Column when the time comes.
      1.) Yeah, that scene was cool. They had that "We're both traitors but not stupid enough to turn eachother in" kinda thing going on.
      2.) It's hard to say if she'll become a full fledged good guy. I mean, she's the V princess. She holds very much loyalty to her people. She just doesn't want people (tyler in particular) to get poked by 50 billion needles then eaten or something.

Comment

Originally posted by Caesis
        1.) Yeah, that scene was cool. They had that "We're both traitors but not stupid enough to turn eachother in" kinda thing going on.
        2.) It's hard to say if she'll become a full fledged good guy. I mean, she's the V princess. She holds very much loyalty to her people. She just doesn't want people (tyler in particular) to get poked by 50 billion needles then eaten or something.
        ITA!

I got the impression that Lisa will continue to play her mother like she did tonight having Anna think that breaking her legs set her straight even though it didn't. She will be going back and forth just like Joshua is.
        Last edited by Super_Kara_2007; 05-11-2010, 08:16 PM.

Comment

I was hoping Ryan would have explained how Lisa is Anna's daughter/chosen daughter (if it is true Anna mothered everyone genetically). Hopefully the finale will answer some questions.

Comment

Take comfort knowing I am here.

There is nothing to fear. We will remain among humans. But the Fifth Column will never harm you. The past is gone. No looming fate. No uncontrollable destiny. No fear. No looking back.

Bask in my light. Take comfort knowing I am here... protecting you from harm. You are not alone. You will never be alone.

Comment

ITA!

I got the impression that Lisa will continue to play her mother like she did tonight having Anna think that breaking her legs set her straight even though it didn't. She will be going back and forth just like Joshua is.
              Aye. In fact, she's the show's equivalent to Chad Decker--who is doing the exact same thing...except he's whoring up for the Visitors. LOL

Comment

ITA!

Joshua's loyalties, however, lie with the column. He only does the things he does because
                1.) He needs to retain his cover.
                2.) If he does something to get him on the radar, he could be replaced by another guy at least 90% as good as he is at his job.

Comment

ITA!

IMHO Anna didn't have the intention to set her daughter straight: it was just a plot to get Tyler's attention back and in addition, win another victory against the 5th Column. As Ryan says, she's a Visitors and her act can't be measured by human standards of decency : she doesn't care if Lisa was hurt because she expects her to understand the necessity of her act.

Comment

Originally posted by Lightning Strykez!
                    Aye. In fact, she's the show's equivalent to Chad Decker--who is doing the exact same thing...except he's whoring up for the Visitors. LOL

Comment

Originally posted by lemoncrumble
                      IMHO Anna didn't have the intention to set her daughter straight: it was just a plot to get Tyler's attention back and in addition, win another victory against the 5th Column. As Ryan says, she's a Visitors and her act can't be measured by human standards of decency : she doesn't care if Lisa was hurt because she expects her to understand the necessity of her act.
                      I dunno...I kinda disagree with that. Anna had seen how desperate Tyler was for Lisa when he came on board the mother ship earlier. No "mother's love" was going to get in the way of that, and therefore Anna knew that Lisa was lying to her later.

She smacked her upside the head to make a point AND a ruse.

Comment

Originally posted by Lightning Strykez!
                        I dunno...I kinda disagree with that. Anna had seen how desperate Tyler was for Lisa when he came on board the mother ship earlier. No "mother's love" was going to get in the way of that, and therefore Anna knew that Lisa was lying to her later.

She smacked her upside the head to make a point AND a ruse.
                        I don't know. I'm a little torn on if Anna hitting her daughter was for the greater good or for punishment. I can see both sides of the argument, but I tend to lean toward the greater good cause. After all, we do know that murder/defying Anna is an insolent behavior among the people and punishable by death (much like the American Justice System). So if Lisa had betrayed Anna in anyway, she most certainly would have had her skinned. Joshua even said their was no exception to those who failed the empathy test, and if Joshua had been honest to Anna about Lisa's, she would have been gone.

Also, in episode 10, before Anna hits her daughter, she touches Lisa's arm affectionately. Anna said they needed a greater incentive; the damsel in distress. If it was truly punishment, I don't think Anna would have knelt down and touched Lisa's hand before having the guard break her legs.

But also, it could have been a punishment, because Anna looked cold after hitting her, but by the end of the episode, Lisa was still playing Anna when she said she would make Erica believe her feelings for her would be real just like Tyler.

Comment

I think we're given a clue in this episode about how the bliss works. It appears that anyone with emotions is unaffected, which would explain why Anna was so determined to insure that everybody passed the empathy test. Anyone who did not was not under the complete control that the bliss gives her.

Anna's knowledge of emotion is empirical, not experiential, and that's how she proceeds. She doesn't use intuition, she uses calculated logic.

Unless it's part of her manipulations, if she suspects that Kara (Lisa, whateverthehell her name is) has emotions then she should know that hurting her like that would only push her away and into the ranks of the fifth column. If that's the case, then we're looking at one of two scenarios:

1) she's either supremely confident that her plans for Tyler will work out even despite Lisa's cooperation

2) she suspects that there is fifth column aboard her ship and will use Lisa to smoke them out

Whichever one goal she pursues- either using Tyler for whatever or ridding herself of the fifth column- she'll have to give up on the other. Unless, of course, she chooses door number two and then goes back and forcefully does the nasty with Tyler herself.

...sigh... I should be so unlucky...

Comment

Working...
                          X
                          😀
                          🥰
                          🤢
                          😎
                          😡
                          👍
                          👎