No announcement yet.

Why is MIB sparing Claire?

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Why is MIB sparing Claire?

Seems like MIB made it a point to keep Claire away from the sub (which he booby-trapped to blow up -- with Jack and company being the boobs of course ). Does he need her alive for some reason? Does he genuinely care about her? Or does she not matter either way (ie. he doesn't "need" her to die to leave the island), so he's not bothering to kill her. Is Claire the "crazy mother" he spoke of before? Is not trying to kill Claire along with everyone else further support for this theory of MIB being Aaron? (Recall, the psychic in Australia got "bad vibes" about Claire's unborn child. Maybe because he sensed the "evil" beast he would one day become. And of course those psycho evil seeming "cult" like Others were obsessed with her baby in earlier seasons.)

Perhaps when Aaron grows up, he goes searching for the island to find his mother Claire and gets beamed back in time, and then crosses paths with another time-traveler--Jacob--who is Kate and Sawyer's kid maybe? with Sawyer and Kate being the mysterious "Adam and Eve"? Jack sacrifices himself to save their lives, and so they name their kid after him (Jacob/Jack being similar names). Or maybe Jack and Kate are Adam and Eve, and Jacob is their son. And since Jack and Claire are siblings, that would make Jacob and MIB cousins. There are a lot of other possibilities and combinations and candidates for the various players here of course, so it's really tough to predict. But one thing is certain -- this show is nuts. lol

I figure that after three years with her, he feels no desire to kill her. I'm not sure how much he can really care anymore, but she's been a friend to him, so he probably doesn't want to see her dead.

Who knows, I would love it if it turned out to be one of those deeper theories. I love when Lost throws unexpected twists at us.

Comment

Working...
    X
    😀
    🥰
    🤢
    😎
    😡
    👍
    👎