Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

becos she not friends with clark

Comment

Originally posted by celita
      Have you seen how badly Clark behaves around her?, their scenes in Kandor, Pandora, Persuasion, Checkmate... were everything but nice. I use to joke that Cassidy feels panic everytime she reads she'll share a scene with Tom. I don't know why Tess should trust Clark or go to give him the book of Rao, I don't know, maybe he'll let her fall of the top of some building this time.

The point is that Tess has never tried to hurt Clark, she is being even more loyal to him that Ollie or Chloe, but everybody acts like she were Satan. I really feel bad for her, I mean, she isn't a good person but they didn't give her the chance to change. In "Checkmate" I was like "Ollie who the hell do you think you are? didn't you kill Lex Luthor and framed another person for it? how you dare to judge her!" (I mean, we know Lex isn't dead, but it won't ever change that Ollie tried to kill him twice, being a sucky killer doesn't mean you're not a killer). If she dies next week I know I'll cry for her what I wouldn't cry if Lana, Chloe or Ollie die.
      I think a part of Clark is very angry with her because she took away any possibility of getting to know Jor-El better. Had she not gotten Jor-El kidnapped, Zod would probably not have found him, at least not as early as he did. I think Clark's treatment of her is a combination of his anger at her for inadvertently delivering Jor-El to Zod and a loss of patience in trying to get the truth out of her when he needs the truth, which itself has to come from what happened with Jor-El. To me, it's seems like Clark believes had he not been as easygoing with Tess earlier, he may have been able to get the information out of her to save Jor-El. He may have found out about the Kandorians sooner. I think that's how Clark is dealing with her lately when he dangled her by the edge of the Daily Planet roof. Because all their interactions in season 8 were civil, even when she took the Brainiac crystal & prevented him from sending Doomsday to the Phantom Zone.

I do want their interactions to be more civil though. Even though they didn't interact in Hostage, you could see the rage on Clark's face when he heard Tess' name being mentioned when the topic of the Red Queen came up. I don't want them to become friends with Tess dying minutes later & Clark beating himself up about not being nicer to her. That would be terrible.

Comment

Tess was abused as a child, which is something that none of the rest of them can say. Clark has the most loving parents in the Smallville universe, Chloe lived with her father, and even though he was an orphan, Oliver Queen was a billionaire who turned out all right. Even Lois wasn't abused as a child, she was just not really shown affection in a conventional sense, but that's not the same. If Chloe is allowed to be darker because she witnessed her husband speared by the man she was trying to save then I think Tess should also be given that excuse. The way I see it, Tess never had a positive influence to show her that good things happen to good people. Chloe had Clark to look up to and even though he was distant, Lois saw her father accomplish big things, and Clark had his parents to instill that sentiment in him, but Tess was a child whose father beat her just for the heck of it (if I remember correctly). She really does try. When Oliver found her she wanted to save the world and she was open and trusting, but Oliver betrayed her, Lex probably twisted her already fragile mind a bit, and her survivor instincts have all created this version of Tess. But I think that for them to try and paint Chloe as being on the same level of emotional pain or even moral intent is just wrong. Chloe had a bad day that she's trying to get past (Doomsday), whereas Tess has had a lifetime of hardship that has shaped who she is. She is the one reaching out for help and i just wish she would be saved by Clark. I hope that in Salvation Clark says something kind to Tess. It would be a nice step and I would like at least the future superman to not say something callous to her.

Comment

Karma is not often instant. I don't imagine Lana, wherever she is, is very happy right at the moment. Tess is handling things like a hero right now with the knowledge that she is paying the price for lots of old mistakes (remember, we are talking about someone who was repeatedly revealed as a ruthless, cold-blooded murderer among other things). And Chloe's story isn't done yet; somehow I don't picture her continuing as Watchtower beyond the conclusion of the show.

Comment

I personally think it is because Tess has just made more wrong choices and started as a villain, played as one too, she was in the middle of everything and once she got so deep into a hole there was no way out of the pain that it forever brought.

I think Chloe, played as a hero and worked as one too, just made some questionable choices but they were a little nicer and better for everyone, or at least meant to be. So with that Chloe had not got into the same kind of hole Tess was in, Lucky Chloe could be saved more easily.

I think they were major parallels shown but with one difference, and that was Chloe was always trying to play for good when Tess just tried to play for herself.

Comment

Originally posted by uncaged
              She is the one reaching out for help and i just wish she would be saved by Clark. I hope that in Salvation Clark says something kind to Tess. It would be a nice step and I would like at least the future superman to not say something callous to her.
              I think Chloe had a bad year but still... great post. I hope Clark reaches out to Tess also. Or shows her a bit of kindness.

Comment

Originally posted by ginnyfan
                I hope Clark reaches out to Tess also. Or shows her a bit of kindness.
                I agree. It would be nice for a change.

(on a side note: I love Cassidy Freeman)

Comment

Yeah, I hope Clark will show her some kindness too. She hasnīt be treated very well by..........anybody. I mean....she is not so evil as..letīs say Doomsday. She is very complicated character with good and bad side, strong and yet vulnerable. I like her and I donīt think she is so evil as other characters are trying to describe her.

Comment

she is a villain...she deserves all that she is getting...she is worse than lex, davis or zod even...she is dangergirl...

Comment

^ So where is her cornfield of dismembered corpses again?

----- Added 3 Minutes later -----

Originally posted by Pali
                      Yeah, I hope Clark will show her some kindness too. She hasnīt be treated very well by..........anybody. I mean....she is not so evil as..letīs say Doomsday. She is very complicated character with good and bad side, strong and yet vulnerable. I like her and I donīt think she is so evil as other characters are trying to describe her.
                      Agreed. She may not be all shiny and sweetness but the woman has feelings and she wants to do what is right... she may be twisted but she's not killing people for the fun of it or trying to rule the world herself. She wants to save it... she just doesn't trust people to do that and it's not too surprising what with the way her life has gone that she feels that way... I don't get why there was so much save Oliver, save Chloe, save Zod, save Davis, save Lex... everyone has been given a shot but Tess! Where is the save Tess episode!?
                      Last edited by borednow; 05-13-2010, 01:00 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Comment

Disappointedly that's how the show is run only the villians get in trouble not the hero's going bad.

Comment

*sigh* Yeah but even Zod, Lex and Davis were given chances... poor Tess...

Comment

Working...
                          X
                          😀
                          🥰
                          🤢
                          😎
                          😡
                          👍
                          👎