No announcement yet.

I felt really bad for Perry.

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I felt really bad for Perry.

I’m not referring to Clark giving him a bit of the cold shoulder or being told that Martha more than likely wouldn’t say yes to a marriage proposal. I really felt bad for Perry when he came in wearing Jonathan jacket, because it really was a VERY honest mistake that had some serious emotional consequences for everyone.

Put yourself into Perry’s shoes for a moment. You’re outside in a barn and it’s most likely pretty cold. You see a jacket hanging on a hook in the barn. It’s a man’s jacket. What is your first thought going to be? I’m going to guess it’s not going to be “Oh, I shouldn’t put this on because it’s Martha’s late husband’s jacket and it’s been hanging here in the same spot for four years.” Most likely you’re going to think it’s Clark’s jacket, and he won’t mind if you borrow it for 2 minutes.

The look on his face when he found out it was Jonathan’s just made me feel really bad for him. He’s trying so hard to be supportive of everyone and trying to look good in front of the woman he obviously is in love with, and one honest mistake takes a serious emotional toll on her and her son.

I'm with you. My heart totally broke for him this whole episode. He's in love with a woman who obviously isn't ready to be in love with him. So sad. But very, very well done.

Comment

Yeah, it was not a fun or happy moment for Perry, and I felt sorry for him, too. I thought Clark could have been a little kinder or more positive to him in that scene. Still, he's probably right -- Martha obviously wasn't ready to take that next step just yet. Still, this is a relationship that's an interesting twist for Smallville, and one that I wouldn't mind seeing revisited by show's end.

Comment

i didn't feel that Clark was cold to him, I think that he was just as shocked and hurt as Martha was and he was holding it in. He knew why his mother was sad and it upset him too. I think Clark behaved pretty well all things considered.

Comment

I loved his scene with Clark, that he asked him his blessing and that Clark was so honest with him. Clark was so mature in this episode. I loved him.

Comment

I agree. He could have been much more weirded out than he really was. I mean, he was pretty shocked to find out that his mom was dating again and then to get hit with the big whammy that Perry was planning on proposing after hearing his mom's confession in the barn. It showed how much he cares about other people's happiness. He wants Martha to be happy and her happiness is what will make him happy.

Comment

yea i doubt martha would accept his mariage proposal and all that. She probably likes him and all. But she probably wont get married again.

Comment

I did not ... PA Kent FTW!

Comment

Originally posted by RedKRules
                  I did not ... PA Kent FTW!
                  Jonathan is certainly awesome, but you can't blame Perry for the jacket thing. Like I said, it's an honest mistake. No one's going to think a jacket in a barn belonged to someone who's been dead for four years and that said jacket hasn't been moved.

Comment

I love Jonathan but I agree how was he supposed to know it was Jonathan's and not Clark's? poor Perry

Comment

Originally posted by Bizarrolover
                      I loved his scene with Clark, that he asked him his blessing and that Clark was so honest with him. Clark was so mature in this episode. I loved him.
                      Yeah Clark was very mature, loved him tonight.

Comment

Originally posted by BrandonR
                        Jonathan is certainly awesome, but you can't blame Perry for the jacket thing. Like I said, it's an honest mistake. No one's going to think a jacket in a barn belonged to someone who's been dead for four years and that said jacket hasn't been moved.
                        Originally posted by kal-el_Girl
                        I love Jonathan but I agree how was he supposed to know it was Jonathan's and not Clark's? poor Perry
                        I agree how was he supposed to know it wasn't Clark's. I felt bad for him too when Clark told him it was Jonathan's.

Comment

Poor Perry,I hope he meets Alice his future wife soon.

Comment

Originally posted by Alicia Chipy
                            Poor Perry,I hope he meets Alice his future wife soon.
                            Well that is one of the reason, why I didn't feel so bad, is that because I know that on the comics there were never Martha and Perry ya know?

Comment

Originally posted by BrandonR
                              I’m not referring to Clark giving him a bit of the cold shoulder or being told that Martha more than likely wouldn’t say yes to a marriage proposal. I really felt bad for Perry when he came in wearing Jonathan jacket, because it really was a VERY honest mistake that had some serious emotional consequences for everyone.

Put yourself into Perry’s shoes for a moment. You’re outside in a barn and it’s most likely pretty cold. You see a jacket hanging on a hook in the barn. It’s a man’s jacket. What is your first thought going to be? I’m going to guess it’s not going to be “Oh, I shouldn’t put this on because it’s Martha’s late husband’s jacket and it’s been hanging here in the same spot for four years.” Most likely you’re going to think it’s Clark’s jacket, and he won’t mind if you borrow it for 2 minutes.

The look on his face when he found out it was Jonathan’s just made me feel really bad for him. He’s trying so hard to be supportive of everyone and trying to look good in front of the woman he obviously is in love with, and one honest mistake takes a serious emotional toll on her and her son.

Yes, I'm in complete agreement with you on this. His face just said it all.

However, I did think that is was cool having Annette O'Toole (Martha) and Michael McKean (Perry) act opposite each other considering they are married in real life. How neat is that?
                              Last edited by SupermanRox; 05-08-2010, 12:37 PM.

Comment

Working...
                              X
                              😀
                              🥰
                              🤢
                              😎
                              😡
                              👍
                              👎