What is it with violence toward Tess?

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Good catch!

Originally posted by KryptoB-ron
    That made absolutely no sense. Especially considering the final scene with Martha where she was walking around no problem.

Comment

Poor Tess.

Comment

Hello Oliver is a GUY so by some weird standard it is okay or overlooked. To me its not that serious it is fictional!

Originally posted by farmboy09
        she is a big girl she can take it...honestly she is a villain not a disney princess, she should be handled as such.... She is ruthless, Mercy deserves no mercy...ollie has had stuff similar to that being done to him ....noone is complaining....
        Originally posted by jpfort1957
        Poor Oliver was been beat up all this season, burned, and even stood up to a sky full of Kandorians with a bow & arrows, but he never gets his own thread over it.

I don't even know you but I already like you. You are a riot.

Actually according to Pandora Tess shot Stuart in the back. How Stuart appeared in Charade with the eye patch and sunglasses I don'k know. PLOT HOLE/OFFSCREENVILLE.

I know right! Poor Shelby is never feed and when he does get feed he/she is dognapped by Lois or given blackend/chargrilled roast beef. Thanks for the laugh.

Originally posted by MercWithAMouth
        I demand more Stuart outrage! I mean Tess shot out his eye. Not cool. Plus Zod possibly toasted him like a marshmallow. Less Tess anger...more ethical treatment of Stuart! Plus who is feeding Shelby? Not even around for scraps in tonight's episode. PETA should look into it. Tess clearly has not had the abuse either of these characters have endured.
        Last edited by CynDLou26; 05-08-2010, 01:34 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Comment

Not this again
          You could say the same thing for Oliver, he's got shot, burnt, beaten up and all the rest like Tess
          Hell in this episode he was extremely injured, and he got shot, and punched

Comment

Shes gettin pretty good at it

Comment

I just hope to god she watches her back each and every time she approaches a refridgerator . . .

Comment

Tess trys to play both sides way too much. She is selfish and gets what she deserves. No sympathy for her.

Comment

I'm glad she's taking a beating considering the things she did this and last season to hinder Clark. I was so glad when Martha told her to leave Clark alone.

Comment

she only gets what she deserves imo!!! if she continues to stick her nose where it doesn't belong she most likely will get a knuckle on it....I for one would like her off the show for next season,because she is annoying to me!

Comment

It is getting scary, but Tess really makes her own end. She's so divided...threatening with the gun, beating up anyone she can, and shedding a tear in the next moment. I'm sure the writers aren't specifically targeting violence towards women, it's just that in many respect she's the villain in this story now. Heck, I reference Xena from time to time....look at what happened to her...crucifixion, beheading, shot full of arrows, basically having the crap beat out of her...Tess is sort of following the footsteps of hard women who pay the price eventually.

Comment

Poor Tess could be a poster child for battered women. And now she gets burnt to a crisp in the finale.

Comment

It's not so much that people attack her that bothers me. i mean I wasn't upset by her getting attacked in Rabid by the zombies or if she's in a fight, but episodes like this and some of the ones where Clark throws her around just seem like they beat up on her just for the sake of beating up on her. They could have achieved the exact same outcome by having Oliver thrown in there with her and him begging her to tell him what she knows so that they can get out of it together (kind of like that first scene with Zod in her room) and she'd freak out over him being burnt. They still could have played the "I love you" as a trigger thing if it was done that way, but this just seemed excessive and unsettling, especially since the audience didn't know what was going on. I mean when Lois gets hit she's usually knocked out, but Tess for some reason is tough enough to take it and they just keep hitting her. Oliver is a superhero and if he gets injured then it's kind of in the job description (Roulette aside). I mean all the guys on this show have that excuse pretty much. But look at the outcry over that promo where Clark pushed Chloe. She didn't even get hurt and people were flipping out. Chloe's been pretty shady all season and no one thought that was cool. Idk, for me that scene all the way around was just too much violence. Shooting Oliver, beating Tess around, and almost shooting Tess. It just didn't fit the episode.

Comment

Well Tess gets turned into Two Face next episode...so I guess the hits just keep coming...hopefully if she survives into next yea,r her and Ollie will find really good plastic surgeons...

Comment

I think Tess brings it upon her self, how many people or even organizations has she betrayed/double crossed ?

Comment

Originally posted by kneel4justice
                                I think Tess brings it upon her self, how many people or even organizations has she betrayed/double crossed ?
                                True, that, LOL. One can hardly expect Tess Mercer to have her own fan club after all the people she's lied to, betrayed, and manipulated. And I agree with your earlier post that a show about super-powered heroes and villains is bound to have some violent moments. However, I will agree with other posters to some extent that Tess has had a tendency to be the target of an excessive amount of violence this season, and next episode looks like it'll only continue that trend. Maybe it's all been part of the penance she's had to go through for all the people she's caused to suffer in the past, but whatever the case, if her character is back in Season 10, I hope she has at least a slight chance of being redeemed (and not being slapped around in every episode).

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎