Collapse
No announcement yet.

What is it with violence toward Tess?

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

I think It's correct for her charcter she is a villian evil people that do bad thing get in trouble and get hurt and she is treated as she treats others, it also kind of forshadows what's going to happen to her in the season finale.TRAGIC

Comment

I understand the fact that Tess is the "villain" of the show alongside Zod, but she is really over abused IMO. I'm not sure if even Lex was beaten this bad...(I have yet to watch Seasons 4 through 8 so don't spoil anything! )

Comment

Well, if Tess's character was meant to replace Lex....then that responsibility comes with all his beatings as well

Just look back at how much pain Lex went through while he was on the show....its just Tess carrying on the torch

Comment

I agree; it's past time they up and killed the character off. I guess she'll go off half cooked next week.

Comment

Originally posted by MsNJS
            I dont think she is weak she is just ambivalent. She is not really the villian. Also Lex was not as physical as Tess.
            She is a villain that can't be argued. But what I'm trying to understand your logic about Tess being more physical. Your saying she can get physical, but not get beat up? I don't get it, maybe you can explain this further. If you get physical, someone surely will get beat up, in this case it's been Tess.

I don't understand what is up with this Tess sympathy. Darkaun made a good point, many woman get beat up in this show i.e Kara, Lois, Tess, Lana. Guess what it's a show with violence, so people will get beat up.

The real issue here IMO is that Tess is being written as a weak villain. Like I said evil has no gender. Tess though will probably be written off by what I've seen in the pics, but who knows. Tess is like lex in a way they are trying to do good, but in reality they only care about themselves.

Comment

I think Oliver and Tess both get beaten up too much they never seem to have even a chance to fight back. There has been a lot of unnecessary violent scenes this season. I prefer other ways to get messages through and somehow that talent has been lost on this show.

Comment

yea the violence against her is unnecessary at times.. Tess isint even that bad to deserve a beating in every episode

Comment

Originally posted by Supes_24
                  Well, if Tess's character was meant to replace Lex....then that responsibility comes with all his beatings as well

Just look back at how much pain Lex went through while he was on the show....its just Tess carrying on the torch
                  LOL

Comment

Originally posted by Drakaun
                    I think everyone is missing the real issue. How about the violence against Kryptonians on this show. How many times has Clark been rendered inaffective because of kryptonite exposure. As we have seen the kryptonite react with his blood directly it is the equivalent of his blood boiling the longer he is exposed to the kryptonite. Now imagine Oliver or Tess getting their blood boiled, now that is harsh. True, if the kryptonite is taken away he gets all better, but that doesn't mean it hurts less, that doesn't mean if the kryptonite isn't taken away he wouldn't die a horrible painful death. Kara was beaten and bruised when she had no powers. She has also had prolonged kryptonite exposure before as well. Where was the outcry for her abuse then? Why is this show so violent against aliens and people who are different. Where were the outcries when Clark impailed Tina Greer? Granted she did that to herself, does it make it any less violent though? Did that not count either?

I think we really need to get our priorities straight. Violence begets violence. If you kick someone's butt or shoot someone in the head it will come back at you eventually! It is a fantasy show, did this many people complain about the violence Sarah Michelle Gellar endured on Buffy, even Cordy and Willow have been smacked around a lot and they weren't even slayers, but I didn't think twice about it because it was a show about demons and monsters running around the world we know it trying to kill you. Smallville isn't that much different, replace the monsters and demons with Aliens and Metahumans and it is the same thing, it is a dog eat dog universe and sometimes you are going to myteriously be knocked unconcious before Clark superspeeds in and saves the day.
                    Your reasoning is plausible.

Comment

Whatever shes a tough woman she can take the beatings...Just good television.

Comment

Originally posted by uncaged
                        Ok, enough is enough. If that was all in her mind did they really have to knock her around like that? This is just getting weird. And how did she end up with broken ribs? I did like her getting off the table and taking his gun. that was a cool stunt. But the violence in that scene was terrible and unnecessary.
                        Tess likes it rough. I have seen her reaction enough times to know she likes it.

Tess could kill a man with her bare hands! Wait, she already did that!

----- Added 14 Minutes later -----

Originally posted by smallville 2013
                        I dont think,thinking a girl getting abused every episode is sexist
                        Oliver being a superhero should except to get beat up it comes wit the job
                        And besides there's "laws" to protect woman from getting beat even if they killed someone
                        Even though Tess killed people two wrongs dont make a right.
                        Tess would kill us if we double crossed her! Not all women get off for killing their mate. And not all men go to jail for killing their mate.
                        Last edited by Simba_Muffy; 12-22-2010, 10:38 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Comment

Working...
                        X
                        😀
                        🥰
                        🤢
                        😎
                        😡
                        👍
                        👎