No announcement yet.

"Clois Scenes"

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by supercatmom
    Lois went from Your the one I want to do it right with so we will take it show, to Corbin, He's the one for me and to Chloe, I'm going to drop the L bomb to I'm breaking up with you in one episode.

Did she have a right to be angry with Clark - you bet. But was it enough to throw the entire relationship out the window and break up with him. I do't think so.

How do you turn off and on your emotions like that. Talk about a lightswitch. This is a side of Lois that I'm not liking.

Or is she just like Chloe said in Persuasion, a scared little girl who bolts at the first sign of trouble. There was a bump in the road in their relationship stay and work through it.

If tptb wanted it to break up Lois and Clark before the end of S9, they should have started it few episodes ago not out of the blue like this. It seemed forced.

ITA that if Clark kisses Lois as the blur and she doesn't realize it's Clark, I'll be WTH.

From S4 to S7, I just watched SV out of habit. I was so tired of the Clana rollercoaster and triangles.
    Now it seems like we'll be watching the Clois rollercoaster. If this happens, I won 't be posting much on these forums.
    ITA - and it particularly troulbed me that she dumped him in front of his mom... if she does not recognize that the blur is clark after the kiss...then there is just no hope for their relationship...

Comment

• Taking a break in a relationship and breaking up are two different things.

Lois didn't ask for a break to think things over. She said they were breaking up.
      That means that she desided that the relationship is over. She no longer cares to be a couple with Clark.

To me that was a 180 degree turnaround on what she has been saying.
      I guess she can add Clark to the I have done the dating thing wrong so many times List.

Alright Clark was being insensitive and Lois doesn't know how much Clark has on his mind. Namely world war 3.
      All of us have had our partner be insensitive at some time in our relationship. Sure we get angry but we air our feelings. If we care for the other person we work though the problem not throw our hands up in the air and say that 's it we are breaking up. Game over.

Lois can not have strong feelings for Clark if she can give up so easily.
      Last edited by supercatmom; 05-12-2010, 08:43 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by supercatmom
        Taking a break in a relationship and breaking up are two different things.

Lois didn't ask for a break to think things over. She said they were breaking up.
        That means that she desided that the relationship is over. She no longer cares to be a couple with Clark.

To me that was a 180 degree turnaround on what she has been saying.
        I guess she can add Clark to the I have done the dating thing wrong so many times List.
        Martha and Jonathan were engaged to be married when Martha broke up with Jonathan for a whole year. Even the greatest relationships hit rough patches. I'm sure Lois still believes that she and Clark will ultimately end up together that he is her "it" and "the one," but I think she realized that in order for the relationship to work in the long term, they both needed some time apart to figure out who they are and what they want.

All of us have had our partner be insensitive at some time in our relationship. Sure we get angry but we air our feelings. If we care for the other person we work though the problem not throw our hands up in the air and say that 's it we are breaking up. Game over.
        Yes, if you care for the other person you work through the problem, which exactly what Lois was asking Clark to do with her at the start of the episode. Clark, unfortunately, didn't seem very interested in working through anything. He had good reasons to be distracted, but Lois didn't know that. From her perspective, Clark was not going to put in any effort to work on their relationship. He just wanted to pretend they didn't have any problems; and the types of problems they were experiencing as a couple can't just be ignored or wished away.

Lois can not have strong feelings for Clark if she can give up so easily.
        Martha wanted to marry Jonathan from the moment she met him and they were actually engaged when she broke things off for a year. Yet, I still believe Martha had strong feelings for Jonathan; and that breaking up, for them, wasn't giving up, but simply taking a break to figure things out. I think the same thing holds true for Lois and Clark. If Lois and Clark are going through the same things Martha and Jonathan experienced as a young couple, I have no doubt that these two love each other deeply and will ultimately work things out and be stronger for it.

Comment

• Originally posted by ginevrakent

Yes, if you care for the other person you work through the problem, which exactly what Lois was asking Clark to do with her at the start of the episode. Clark, unfortunately, didn't seem very interested in working through anything. He had good reasons to be distracted, but Lois didn't know that. From her perspective, Clark was not going to put in any effort to work on their relationship. He just wanted to pretend they didn't have any problems; and the types of problems they were experiencing as a couple can't just be ignored or wished away.
          Clark did assert that he believed in them later on and that he did want to work out their problems. He just wanted to delay it for the time being because he had guests over for dinner. It's not like the problems were so darn pressing (as in a matter of life and death) that she couldn't wait to talk to him in private first. IMO that was a extremely hasty decision on her part.

Also, the tad bit of regret we saw in her statement at the DP about running away from her problems also prove that even she thought that she may have made a hasty decision by breaking up at the dinner table.
          Last edited by Cloisdestined; 05-13-2010, 02:08 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Cloisdestined
            Clark did assert that he believed in them later on and that he did want to work out their problems. He just wanted to delay it for the time being because he had guests over for dinner. It's not like the problems were so darn pressing (as in a matter of life and death) that she couldn't wait to talk to him in private first. IMO that was a extremely hasty decision on her part.
            Lois tried to talk to Clark in private at the start of the episode. He told her to stop overreacting and to give him a break. Clark did say he believed in them, but I didn't see him DO anything to demonstrate that to Lois. There was no need for Clark to ask Lois to ignore their problems just because he had guests. Both Lois and Clark could have been open with Martha and Perry and actually worked through their problems throughout the evening, if not for Clark's request to put on a charade of perfect happiness. For Lois the problem was pressing, which is something she made clear very earl on in the episode. It was Clark's continual downplaying of the problem that contributed to Lois' growing frustration throughout the evening. She felt like she was being ignored and her concerns were being treated as insignificant.

Comment

• while the breakup is sad and no matter what the reasons are, i agree that sometimes taking a break/time apart can be good for a relationship. my own parents had a "breakup" over a summer (now granted i believe they were in later high school) and they've been married for almost 41 years.. I've known other couples where the same thing happens and the time apart makes them stronger...

Comment

• The thing that seems out of place in this episode is how easily Lois ended their relationship. She didn't seem to be sad at all about it if compared to breakups with Oliver, Grant and even AC. It does seem like she doesn't really care about Clark after all and their relationship was not a big deal like her past ones.

Seems the writers really screwed this one.

Comment

Working...
                X
                😀
                🥰
                🤢
                😎
                😡
                👍
                👎