Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

"Hostage" Countdown/LIVE Discussion Thread!

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Oh, wow, what a GREAT episode! I didn't realize how much I'd missed Martha until I saw her again.

Comment

• Originally posted by Aloof
      Wow, what an awesome episode. It felt like the classic episodes that we were used to seeing.
      I was on the edge of my seat the whole time!

Also, despite his mama being home, Clark Kent never looked more grown up to me than in this episode.

Loved Lois & Perry working together!

Hated the break-up, but it was done well, and I can still be hopeful for Clois in the next ep and next season.

So happy to see the scene with Clark and Chloe. Long overdue.

Comment

• If that shot of the Superman insignia reflection in the eye is actually in the episode, is it possible that it wasn't Clark's eye that we saw his symbol reflected in but Zod's?

Could the show throw a curveball and actually have Clark wear something that closely resembles the Superman costume before the episode is over? Maybe minus a cape and/or other familiar accessories for the time being until he truly embraces being Superman?

Just a thought (probably more like wishfull thinking), but I wanted to see what everyone else thought.

Thanks.

Comment

• Originally posted by The Wraith119

Just a thought (probably more like wishfull thinking), but I wanted to see what everyone else thought.
          But very FUN and EXCITING wishful thinking!

Comment

• so excited!... aahhh i can't wait a week is so long

Comment

• Was there anything in the trailer afterwards that wasn't in the earlier trailer ?

Comment

• Amazing episode and weirdly appropriate that Michael McKean won $1 million dollars for his fave charity on Jeopardy on the same day as SV was shown! Wow! Martha had 3 ovens for all of that pie baking I guess.

Comment

• Originally posted by skully
                  Sweeeet!! A glimpse of "The Suit" reflecting in Clark's eye in the trailer.
                  What bothers me about that is how again Jor-El in the non-comics media is shown creating Superman. Anything related to the suit or the S crest should have been Clark's conception or at least Martha's. I didn't like how they initially associated the S crest with Jor-El with that crystal. The crest is supposed to be Clark's translation of his Kryptonian family crest into English (an Earth-friendly version of it that humans could relate to) and frankly, Jor-El was a Kryptonian who lived on Krypton & should not have been shown associated with the S crest. This was never the case until Marlon Brando insisted on having the S on him when they filmed the Donner movie. It kills the idea that Superman is something Clark came up with entirely on his own (well, except the name, which Lois gave him).

Comment

Working...
                  X
                  😀
                  🥰
                  🤢
                  😎
                  😡
                  👍
                  👎