No announcement yet.

Ellie and Awesome in Africa

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ellie and Awesome in Africa

Maybe I just need to watch the episode again, but the whole Ellie-and-Devon-in-Africa subplot seemed very disjointed to me.

Do you think they are after Devon because they still believe he is CIA (from earlier in the season)?

Or do you think they are after Chuck?

I think they're after Chuck via Devon and Ellie. But unless they're going to kill Devon, I can't work out why they drugged him. Did they just want to get them back to LA? Is Ellie going to be somewhat of a pivot in their plan?

Comment

i don't know what's gong on, but i was getting the feeling that when all is said and done, ellie is going to find out chuck's secret.

Comment

They are looking for the intersecret and they're spying on Ellie & Devon to find out where he is.They wanted them to get back in USA so they can lead them to Chuck.I got the feeling Ellie will know Chuck's secret by the end of the season & may be even sooner.

Comment

In Season two Fulcrums main push was to look for the Intersect, but in season three, it doesn't seem like we've heard much about the Ring wanting the Intersect at all. In fact, didn't we learn that the Ring is busy building their own intersect??

Also, as far as I know, the Ring doesn't know that Chuck is is the Intersect. Shaw told him during their struggle that he hadn't told them "his secret".

So it really doesn't make much sense to me, why the Ring would be in Africa going after Ellie and Awesome. I also don't understand why they are rushing back to the U.S., rather than a hospital there.

Hopefully all will be explained in the next couple of episodes.

Comment

I'm not sure either, but someone obviously wanted them back in the USA. They probably just view Devan as a link to the CIA...a way to get close and maybe infiltrate. Not sure...

I will say that the Africa subplot did give us the best nickname ever...Dr. Super-Fantastic-White Person.

Comment

I think they're after Ellie to get to Chuck. Why would they need to cause Devon to get sick, if they still wanted him; it would have been Ellie.

I still half anticipate the big shocker/reveal that Ellie is/has always been a spy under the cover of doctor in order to keep an eye on Chuck.

Comment

One possibility is that the Ring knows about agent Carmichael (maybe through Shaw if he is alive) and they want to Intersect Ellie because they think she would be susceptible to it as well.
                Also it seems like they are smuggling a virus through Devons body.

Comment

Originally posted by PNy
                  One possibility is that the Ring knows about agent Carmichael (maybe through Shaw if he is alive) and they want to Intersect Ellie because they think she would be susceptible to it as well.
                  Also it seems like they are smuggling a virus through Devons body.
                  Smuggling sounds interesting. Also if you notice that the Ring dude said I have informed the airport that they are arriving so they leave easily or something.

Comment

Working...
                  X
                  😀
                  🥰
                  🤢
                  😎
                  😡
                  👍
                  👎