No announcement yet.

What sacrifice???

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What sacrifice???

How do they call an episode "Sacrifice" when no sacrifice of any note actually took place in the episode? Add to that the continued stringing along of the no flights rule (Clark looking like a fool as the Kandorians fly away in the end of the episode) and the writing makes you scratch your head. "Doomsday" was a very boring and anticlimatic episode. I anticipate this seasons finale to be more of the same. The writers have always portrayed Clark as anything BUT heroic, more like retarded and a little slow and naive, quite unlike the comics where he is anything but, especially the version in the comics of the past 10 years or so.

Watchtower being destroyed. Faora being killed.

Comment

Yup, those were the two really clear ones. Chloe had to choose to sacrifice the tower in order to save herself, Tess and the identities of her friends. Faora sacrificed not only herself but also "baby Chris" rather than give Zod an heir to join in his intended conquest of Earth.

There was also Ollie getting asked to "suit up" and do things Clark's way, only to take a severe burning on Clark's behalf. And Waller sacrificing her pursuit of Tess to go after Kandorians. And Stuart blowing off her mission to stay on Tess. And Faora's group of Kandorians getting caught while Zod's group got away....

Comment

If Clark is anything, but heroic the someone else must have been performing all the rescues that have taken place this season.
        Last edited by protector91; 05-03-2010, 12:51 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Last Son of Vern
          Yup, those were the two really clear ones. Chloe had to choose to sacrifice the tower in order to save herself, Tess and the identities of her friends. Faora sacrificed not only herself but also "baby Chris" rather than give Zod an heir to join in his intended conquest of Earth.

There was also Ollie getting asked to "suit up" and do things Clark's way, only to take a severe burning on Clark's behalf. And Waller sacrificing her pursuit of Tess to go after Kandorians. And Stuart blowing off her mission to stay on Tess. And Faora's group of Kandorians getting caught while Zod's group got away....
          If the shutting down the WT is the great sacrifice, then it's a joke. That database can be reloaded with a couple of weeks of hard work now that Chloe knows where to look and who to spy. The hardware is intact, so I don't know why so much drama about WT being disconnected. Faora and her baby, on the other hand, are two lives lost. Comparing the shutdown of the 20 computers and the loss of a database with two lives taken, IMO, an insult.

Comment

Actually, she didn't shut it down; she destroyed it. But where are you getting this about comparing the two examples with each other, other than mentioning that they were sacrifices? I take offense at being accused of trivializing life when I did no such thing.

I am also going to point out one time, directly and nicely for anyone who hasn't gotten it yet, that some of us are acquainted with individuals who have certain disabilities, and would appreciate it if they not be treated with disrespect for the sake of a handy putdown. Thanks.
            Last edited by Last Son of Vern; 05-03-2010, 04:12 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Last Son of Vern
              Actually, she didn't shut it down; she destroyed it. But where are you getting this about comparing the two examples with each other, other than mentioning that they were sacrifices? I take offense at being accused of trivializing life when I did no such thing.

I am also going to point out one time, directly and nicely for anyone who hasn't gotten it yet, that some of us are acquainted with individuals who have certain disabilities, and would appreciate it if they not be treated with disrespect for the sake of a handy putdown. Thanks.
              Sorry, I wasn't accusing you. I expressed myself wrongy. If the writers consider that shutting down the WT (or destroying a database) is the same thing that two lives being taken, they are insulting the viewers. At least I feel aggraviated because I consider life far more precious than a database obtained with inescrupulous (or regular) methods. Databases can be restored, death can't be reversed (except in Smallville LOL!). Sorry for the way I phrased my post, I didn't mean to offend you.
              Last edited by Bizarrolover; 05-03-2010, 04:22 PM.

Comment

Ah. Fair enough. Sorry if I got jumpy.

Comment

The big one was Faora sacrificing herself and her baby. But also, Tess sacrificing her life to destroy the Checkmate device inside her and Chloe sacrificing the Watchtower.

Comment

It is redundant to repeat what want to say... but I will let that go for now and repeat... Sacrifices are: Watchtower, Faora, Oliver (but not for Clarks sake but to proove that he also can be on the good side sacrificing his desire to Kill Zod) Chloe to Tess (revealing secrets) Chole to Tess (bringing her back to life when she did not want to)Checkmate being dissed, Faora knowing the sacrifice she had to make to keep her beliefs, all in all everyone sacrificed including Clark... he sacrificed his friends to do his thing... and this is not a put down to clark.... as he will reap the tide as the time goes on.... oh and by the way... Watchtower will not come back as it was.... there is no way when a mainframe is gone... anyone had to restore their pc when it was attacked? Well then you know your mainframe was destroyed don't you? Not everything could be saved so it won't be the same if they do try to bring it back.....

Comment

Oliver sacrificed his chest

Comment

Working...
                      X
                      😀
                      🥰
                      🤢
                      😎
                      😡
                      👍
                      👎