Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Where the hell did that journal that Clark showed Faora come from?

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Where the hell did that journal that Clark showed Faora come from?

I don't remember seeing that journal that Clark showed Faora before. Where did it come from? Since when did Jor-El keep a journal & when did Clark get his hands on it? The only message Clark ever got from Jor-El was the one in the ship in Rosetta. Virgil Swann told him about that other message and Jonathan received the "I'm waiting" message. The only time Jor-El told Clark about Zod's role in Krypton's destruction was in Vessel and that was verbally communicated, not written down.

Is this another magical journal like Tess found of Lionel's?

I believe thats the journal that Patricia Swann gave Clark in S7's Traveler. It was Virgil Swann's notes about the information he'd gathered, and the messages he was able to decode from Krypton. JMO

Comment

I never liked any of that plot because it was a huge retcon since Swann only got 1 message from Jor-El and had there been others, he would have told Clark. It was just added to support that Veritas retcon which I never liked or bought into given the events of the early seasons.

But I wouldn't be surprised if it's the same one. How would Swann get messages about Zod though?

Comment

I think it was just the information on what Zod had done on Krypton, originally. Not new stuff.

Truthfully, I tend to ignore anything to do with the whole Veritas plot, for the reasons that you stated. And it was the only part of Apocalypse I hated, how Kara was "writing" in the journal as the event were unfolding with her and Brainiac on Krytpon when they went through that portal, and it would "magically" appear in the journal, even if it wasn't there before.

Comment

There were no messages from Zod. It was messages from Jor-El that spoke about what Zod had done on Krypton.

Comment

Originally posted by hellokitty
            I think it was just the information on what Zod had done on Krypton, originally. Not new stuff.

Truthfully, I tend to ignore anything to do with the whole Veritas plot, for the reasons that you stated. And it was the only part of Apocalypse I hated, how Kara was "writing" in the journal as the event were unfolding with her and Brainiac on Krytpon when they went through that portal, and it would "magically" appear in the journal, even if it wasn't there before.
            Unfortunately every time I want to forget about it & pretend it didn't happen, they keep throwing it in the series. Like that abomination that was Eternal. Then there's the whole retcon they did in Pandora by showing Jor-El as the orb's & stones' creator when all those items were on Earth for centuries (even the orb seemed to be buried in the Luthor fireplace for a very long time). That scene that showed Jor-El with those items was totally unnecessary.

----- Added 2 Minutes later -----

Originally posted by BadToad
            There were no messages from Zod. It was messages from Jor-El that spoke about what Zod had done on Krypton.
            I know, that's what I'm wondering. Wouldn't Zod's imprisonment have been not long before Krypton's destruction? So what time would Jor-El have to document anything about Zod when Krypton would explode so soon after Zod was disembodied & imprisoned? I'm sure he was busy building Clark's ship too.

It also doesn't help that we have 3 different explanations to how Krypton was destroyed.
            Last edited by xrayvision; 05-03-2010, 08:53 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Comment

Originally posted by xrayvision
              Unfortunately every time I want to forget about it & pretend it didn't happen, they keep throwing it in the series. Like that abomination that was Eternal. Then there's the whole retcon they did in Pandora by showing Jor-El as the orb's & stones' creator when all those items were on Earth for centuries (even the orb seemed to be buried in the Luthor fireplace for a very long time). That scene that showed Jor-El with those items was totally unnecessary.
              Agreed, it was. It's kind of ironic because it almost seems like the writers threw the stones in that scene as a fun nod towards continuity, yet by doing that they actually SCREWED UP the continuity. Unbelievable.

The thing is, it's not just some tiny detail that could understandably be overlooked by mistake; the Stones were the entire storyline of season 4! It's beyond me how the "professional" writers can make such enormous mistakes like that.

Comment

At first I thought there were two sets of stones and orbs. One set on Earth sent hundreds of years ago and another sent by Jor-El in Kandor ( 20 years ago?). I guess that wasn't the case.

Also why didn't Zod try to look for the Crystal of Knowledge when he got released from the orb?

Comment

It came from the same place Lionel's illustrated journal came from.

I am sure next season somebody will discover a comic book written and illustrated by Lex.

Comment

Boy, I am glad I have you guys to explain all of this to me.

----- Added 55 Seconds later -----

Originally posted by Exedore
                    It came from the same place Lionel's illustrated journal came from.

I am sure next season somebody will discover a comic book written and illustrated by Lex.
                    Last edited by u2rocks2009; 05-03-2010, 11:25 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Comment

Xrayvision. That retcon happened during Kanodr. Not Pandora.

Comment

Originally posted by protector91
                        Xrayvision. That retcon happened during Kanodr. Not Pandora.
                        Yes, you're right. I usually make that mistake since the episode titles almost rhyme (if Pandora didn't have the "a" in the end). I meant Kandor.

Comment

Originally posted by MrT
                          At first I thought there were two sets of stones and orbs. One set on Earth sent hundreds of years ago and another sent by Jor-El in Kandor ( 20 years ago?). I guess that wasn't the case.

Also why didn't Zod try to look for the Crystal of Knowledge when he got released from the orb?
                          I assumed the stones and the orb were placed on earth using time travel. Rather then sending the stones and orb to earth in the present day, they sent it back in time.

Comment

Originally posted by stovers
                            I assumed the stones and the orb were placed on earth using time travel. Rather then sending the stones and orb to earth in the present day, they sent it back in time.
                            I heard this explanation used many times. But it's just not logical. Why would they do that? It would only give humans more time to find them and we know what would have happened to the planet had a human united the 3 stones. Unfortunately, after the horrible writing that led to the retcons we've seen, that's the only explanation, but is an explanation that doesn't have a lick of logic.

Comment

Working...
                            X
                            😀
                            🥰
                            🤢
                            😎
                            😡
                            👍
                            👎