Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What Did You Think of Chloe Almost Leaving Tess Dead?

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Somebody please refresh my memory when did Chloe become a superhero?

Comment

I was NEVER in any doubt that she wouldn't revive her.

She could have left Tess to die at ANYTIME after they escaped from WT. But at the risk of her own safety if they were caught (and they knew they were being chased) she chose to stay with her and go to the hospital in order to try and save her life.

She not only saved her life, she also stopped her being traced by Checkmate in the future too.

She has a lot of respect for her, but still views her as an enemy, so the fact that she put her own life at risk to save her shows her true character. And as for the "I'll kill you" kinda line, how many times have we used it in our lives, strictly speaking it is often just spoken metaphorically.

It's like seeing a pretty girl and thinking or saying "wow, she's nice/gorgeous" or whatever, it doesn't mean to say that you are gonna try and do everything you can to get her into bed.

Actions speak louder than words.

I wonder how many other "heroes" would bring back to life one of their biggest enemies.

She kept her word. And in my starry eyes grew even more.

IMO, I don't believe there is anyone who could make Chloe such a wonderful character to watch than AM. If it was anyone else, Chloe would have probably lasted about as long as Pete did. Allison manages to give a 2 d character, 3 d life.
      Last edited by speople; 05-01-2010, 09:06 AM.

Comment

don't u realize it yet? chloe is guilty for everything duh!
        and about 2nd guessing... I think it's understandable considering it was Tess

Comment

I agree that I wasn't cool with Chloe saying she didn't think she'd bring her back either. She even told Tess she'd have to trust her and then turned around and said that, I was like, if I was Tess that's the last time I let you do anything to me. Of course, I had issues with that whole dynamic between them anyway. To me the problem was that she had to encourage Tess to trust her before even getting her to lie down and to even think about leaving her that way seems close to murder and that's an awfully fine line for the writers to walk. True she didn't leave her that way, but there's a difference between Tess being hurt in a struggle and debating whether to save her or not and putting her under with her trust and consent. It was a fine line and one the writers probably shouldn't have had her walk. I think they could have skipped that part and just had the death threat at the end. Even if Chloe hesitated a moment before actually sticking the needle in her, it would have worked a little better for me than her actually turning her back and going to the door and then swearing to herself before she saves her.

Comment

Originally posted by chloesmygirl
            If the "super" refers to use of powers, then it would be in Sn 6 finale when she revived LL.

Comment

Originally posted by Maria26
              I so disagree with you. I think her choosing to revive her was to mirror Pandora where she kills Tess. Considering how Tess has been acting recently, Chloe little threat was very well deserved in my opinion. This episodes shown that even thought they have things in common Chloe and Tess are nothing alike. Tess wouldn't have hesited to kill Chloe in that case, while Chloe choosed not to do so. She made a difference. I love her even more after this episode if that's even possible.
              I agree. `

The scene worked for me because it showed Chloe's internal conflict with the 'end justifies the means' principle that the character has struggled with for a while now. In the end she still chose to do the right thing and revive Tess. I also had no problem with her threat to Tess -- it pretty much sounded like how Oliver threatened Zod earlier in the episode. Tess and Zod have been portrayed as the villains (although at this point I don't know what Tess' agenda really is) and for me it would be fitting to remind your enemy if you saved them at some point.

Comment

Originally posted by GreenYarn
                You don't get it. It's not about being guilty. It's about feeling disappointed that someone being presented as a hero (just like Oliver) doesn't have as much value for life as you wish they would (more like Clark does). Clark would never hessitate to save a life. Chloe would. And seeing that hessitation wasn't pretty. Some may call it human, but I don't think it's very human at all. It's more of a jaded human moment than anything, IMO.
                I do get It just not your it sorry for not agreeing with you...people ARE flawed - except clark who does have perfect ideals (but unfortunately leaves a train wreck of death and destrcution because of his chloices) - to me the fact that ollie did NOT kill Zod and Chloe did not kill Tess is what matters - the fact that they struggled with it means they are human IMO

Comment

Originally posted by speople
                  If the "super" refers to use of powers, then it would be in Sn 6 finale when she revived LL.
                  Well that's not exactly what I'm getting at. What I'm talking about is people like the OP making her out to be a superhero when she clearly is not. If she were a superhero I'd feel the same way but to me she clearly is not one. Her actions of late are nowhere near the actions of a superhero. If you only knew how hard it was for me to say that being as I used to be the biggest Chloe fan alive.

Comment

chloe in this episode bothered me too. and i LOVE chloe. but she was just too "bad". i felt like i was watching a villain at some parts. i mean, tess/chloe scenes are fun to watch cuz they have a good chemistry and it seems like if circumstances were different they could actually be good friends cuz they're so similar. but tess brings out something raw and cold and "evil??" in chloe. and while its fun to watch i thought it went a little too far in this episode. especially with chloe's threat after reviving tess. the little hesitation i didn't mind so much cuz i actually didn't pick up on it the first time i saw it. rewatching it i definitely see it and definitely dont like it. but the threat was just the nail in the coffin.

Comment

I so disagree with you. I think her choosing to revive her was to mirror Pandora where she kills Tess. Considering how Tess has been acting recently, Chloe little threat was very well deserved in my opinion. This episodes shown that even thought they have things in common Chloe and Tess are nothing alike. Tess wouldn't have hesited to kill Chloe in that case, while Chloe choosed not to do so. She made a difference. I love her even more after this episode if that's even possible.
                      My issue is that they could have shown the difference in Chloe and Tess in a different way. Instead, what they did made it feel like they were more similar rather than different. Maybe, Chloe was allowed to be just a small step above Tess because she actually did revive her, but under the right circumstances, I think Tess might have revived Chloe, too, if things had been reversed. I feel like they showed that Chloe’s first instinct is to kill, and that’s eerily similar to Tess.

Instead of what they did, I’d have preferred it if Chloe had revived Tess without hesitation and then had Tess say something about how she wouldn’t have revived Chloe had the situation been reversed. That would have shown how the two characters are different to my satisfaction. Instead, the scene left a bad taste in my mouth.

In 'Absolute Justice,' Chloe said, "And I've got to say Abigail Hunkel doesn't exactly strike fear in this hero's heart." It sounds to me like she considers herself to be a superhero, and she does work with superheroes. I’d say it’s fair to say that she’s supposed to be seen as a superhero.
                      Last edited by Lois_Lane_Fan; 01-17-2015, 12:46 PM.

Comment

Well that's not exactly what I'm getting at. What I'm talking about is people like the OP making her out to be a superhero when she clearly is not. If she were a superhero I'd feel the same way but to me she clearly is not one. Her actions of late are nowhere near the actions of a superhero. If you only knew how hard it was for me to say that being as I used to be the biggest Chloe fan alive.
                        Your opinion. She's still a hero on her own and in my eyes. She have made mistakes along the way but who doesn't. Even what you consider being a super hero like Clark made some mistakes this year but that doesn't make him less of a hero for it. Chloe hesitated for 2 seconds because she knows what Tess is capable of and revived her anyway.

If you have to blame someone for Chloe's attitute in this episode, blame the writers. Chloe's little thread didn't bother me as I thought it was well deserved.

Comment

Originally posted by bluewolv1970
                          I do get It just not your it sorry for not agreeing with you...people ARE flawed - except clark who does have perfect ideals (but unfortunately leaves a train wreck of death and destrcution because of his chloices) - to me the fact that ollie did NOT kill Zod and Chloe did not kill Tess is what matters - the fact that they struggled with it means they are human IMO
                          IMO, struggling with something doesn't make you more or less human. In other words, simply because both Chloe and Oliver seem to contemplate now very clearly the possibility of either indirectly killing or directly murdering someone doesn't suddenly make these characters *more* human than someone who wouldn't entertain that idea.

And no, I don't believe that you're either like Chloe and Oliver (human) or like Clark (not human). I think that's actually quite ridiculous. A human character that immediately comes up to mind who would NOT consider murdering a human being would be Lois Lane.

But yes, we know that Chloe and Oliver are being written as very similar characters and at the other end of the spectrum are characters like Clark and Lois and that's fine. It's just after the whole Sebastian debacle to see Chloe once again as the type of person who would in fact kill someone was just a bit disturbing.

And this isn't about making her guilty, it's just a reaction to the situation, my reaction, which I'm free to have.

Comment

Originally posted by Anu
                            I would not hesitate to save a person, evil or good. I just can't kill anyone.
                            TBH, in a given situation, NO ONE knows what they will do.

I cerish life, even the smallest of life (walking to work a couple of days ago I spotted an upside down insect on the floor, so i stopped and turned it back the right way up so that it would not necessarily just get trampled under foot)

BUT, sometimes, you could be faced with an impossible dilemma.

I have always believed that to kill a person, you sacrifice your own soul forever. However in the heat of the moment, if you were for example faced with a situation of letting Hitler live knowing how many millions would die if you did so. Would you STILL be able to turn away and let such a person live. Or would you sacrifice yourself for the good of the many.

IMO, I think under the right circumstances, that we all would kill, no matter what our values or moral standpoint.

Comment

If you have to blame someone for Chloe's attitute in this episode, blame the writers. Chloe's little thread didn't bother me as I thought it was well deserved.
                              Characters are a byproduct of the writers so yeah, you can definitely blame the writers but the point is that the writers have consistently written Chloe this way since last season and this type of attitude that killing and murder (even in a vague type of threat) is okay and is hero behavior is just disturbing.

It's the same reason why a lot of fans don't really support Oliver right now. He literally murdered someone and got away with it and now it's like it didn't happen. And, oh, it's fine because Lex is actually alive.

I mean, really, suddenly heroes murder and contemplate killing people and that's okay?

Well fine, certain viewers can be okay with that but I expect more from PEOPLE and it has nothing to do with their hero/superhero status. It's PEOPLE who I expect to value life above all else.

----- Added 1 Minutes later -----

Originally posted by speople
                              TBH, in a given situation, NO ONE knows what they will do.

I cerish life, even the smallest of life (walking to work a couple of days ago I spotted an upside down insect on the floor, so i stopped and turned it back the right way up so that it would not necessarily just get trampled under foot)

BUT, sometimes, you could be faced with an impossible dilemma.

I have always believed that to kill a person, you sacrifice your own soul forever. However in the heat of the moment, if you were for example faced with a situation of letting Hitler live knowing how many millions would die if you did so. Would you STILL be able to turn away and let such a person live. Or would you sacrifice yourself for the good of the many.

IMO, I think under the right circumstances, that we all would kill, no matter what our values or moral standpoint.
                              Well I agree with that as there is always self-defense, but this situation wasn't about being driven to any extreme. That was the point in one of my earlier comments. The reason this was disturbing was because there was NO imminent threat and yet Chloe was actually contemplating NOT reviving Tess and not just a thought, but she was literally walking away.

That's huge!

But hey, it bothered me and not others.
                              Last edited by GreenYarn; 05-02-2010, 04:18 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Comment

this was one of a few episodes I've liked chloe this season she actually worked to solve the problem of checkmate and we didn't see her blame clark for the problems or hear him blame himself for putting her in danger because she wasn't careful.

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎