Collapse
No announcement yet.

Will tess betrayed chloe.

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

I think Tess has some sense and will even up the score when the time comes. In a warp way Tess as always done things to try to save humanity whether they're justified or not.

Comment

What you will see is that if Tess has Chloe's life in her hands Chloe is DEAD.

Comment

Originally posted by Cinge
        Quick question: Wasnt Chole against Clark trying to befriend zod and the kandorians? If yes, here she is befriending Tess? Given recent episodes, doesn't this seem a bit hypocritical?
        Unless she's gone through some major character Epiphany that happened offscreenville.
        Ah... good point. Though Chloe said she surprised herself by saving Tess. I agree with other posters who say it shines a positive light on Clarks POV.

Comment

I don't think Tess will betray Chloe, I think she was just pushing her buttons.

Comment

I don't think she will betray her at all. She might save her life.

Comment

Originally posted by Smallville_newbiegirl
              Knowing how morally ambiguously her character is and with that smirk,when chloe ask her that question. As she leaves the hospital room-can she be trusted?

Is there still a little bit of honor in tess after chloe save her life?

I think that's the great thing about Tess's character. She always keeps you guessing. I think she'll keep her mouth shut as long as it's in her best interest. But if she feels that writing a tell-all book will better suit her goals, she'll write it.

Comment

Can Tess betray Chloe?

I mean, while they may work together when it's mutually beneficial are they (in any way) friends or even allies? Yes, Chloe helped her (removed the tracking device and revived her, albeit reluctantly). But does that that make them friends or allies? Chloe's threat to Tess would seem to argue against it.

So, if Tess is still an antagonist (if not outright enemy) would anything she did to Chloe be considered betrayal? Doesn't betrayal require the violation some form of trust? Can an enemy (or even an acquaintance that you don't trust) really betray you?

Comment

Originally posted by bluewolv1970
                  Tess will die in the finale probably saving chloe...
                  I do not want either to happen but that would make me so happy i really want these two to come to a friendship, but they can stay alive, I would like that

Comment

I don't think Tess will betray Chloe unless Chloe betrays her first.

Comment

I've never seen anything downright evil in Tess that was so obvious in Lex.

I don't think she'll betray her.

Comment

Tess has already gone everywhere she can, storywise, with the bad guys. The rest of her short life will be spent failing to win anyone's trust but successfully redeeming herself in some way. And serving as some sort of cautionary tale to help rescue Chloe from the abyss. Perhaps a bit like Gollum saving Frodo by biting off his finger.
                        Last edited by Last Son of Vern; 05-02-2010, 10:48 PM.

Comment

I'm not even gonna bother toning this down:

What the hell?

Chloe didn't save Tess's life. She revived her, after having assured Tess that she'd do so. And Chloe only stopped Tess's heart in the first place to keep her MVPs' identities safe. So, I don't at all agree that Chloe showed some grand degree of kindness and magnanimity in, after nearly making it out the door without having kept her word, following through on her assurance to Tess that she'd revive her.

Moreover, to whom would Tess betray Chloe? With the exception of Tess playing Zod and Clark off of each other in "Upgrade" (after Clark, Oliver, and Chloe pretty much told her to go to hell in "Checkmate" and "Upgrade"), Tess has been pretty damn consistent in her loyalty to Clark. She's never even considered betraying his secret, and has never done anything to intentionally put him in harm's way. And the same goes for her treatment of Oliver, whom she just found out was Green Arrow. Hell, Tess even kept the truth of Chloe's Green-K weapons to herself. So, betray Chloe? Where's that coming from?

If anything, Chloe should've dialed down her beeyotch-iness after having revived Tess, and offered her a hand of friendship (not buddy-buddy friendship; but ally-ship), since Tess does indeed have quite a bit on Chloe. But instead, Chloe threatened Tess, much in the way that Oliver did at the end of "Checkmate." Except Chloe actually threatened Tess's life. And for what? Tess has nothing to lose. She's already on someone's hit-list. What purpose does it serve to further alienate her, given how much of a threat she could be, if she wanted to be?

Don't get me wrong, Tess Mercer is no angel. I've seen how brutal -- murderous, even -- and duplicitous she can be.

But, in my opinion, she's also not the downright evil boogeyman that Clark, Oliver, and Chloe treat her like. She's never knowingly worked against their interests, and never treated them like enemies. She's not Lex Luthor, for example. She's mostly just a free agent, with her own agenda, who'll hitch her wagon to whatever star will help her achieve her goals. But I haven't seen her hitch her wagon to a star that would, without a doubt, hurt Clark, Oliver, and Chloe.

So, the three of them need to calm the hell down and stop villainizing Tess. She's one of those people whom they're better off keeping on their side, than letting her roam free, searching for an ally that could eventually pose a threat to their interests. See "Upgrade."
                          Last edited by Britas15; 05-02-2010, 11:18 PM.

Comment

Ah, but Britas, our young Super-Friends lack your vantage point; they only get to see the creepy stuff Tess has done. I'm sure that's by design, storywise. I'm expecting one of the following from Tess:

1. A tragic end with lots of good intentions (not likely at this point as she's already been enlightened for too many episodes) or;

2. A big final redemption of some sort that will catch the "good guys" completely by surprise as they failed to see when it was time to trust her.

Comment

Depends of what you mean by 'betray'. I don't think Tess would knowingly do anything that would cause harm to Clark or even to Oliver (yes even after the end of Checkmate) so I don't think she'll spill any of Chloe's secrets to Checkmate or Zod as that would put them in danger. However if she had to make a choice between Chloe and Clark she would not hesitate to throw Chloe under the bus. I wouldn't actualy see this as a betrayal because Tess doesn't have any loyalty to Chloe to betray, she has shown time and again that her loyalty is to Clark so selling out Chloe to protect him would only be demonstrating where her loyalty lies.

Comment

Will tess betrayed chloe?

Does a wild bear s*** in the woods?

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍