Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by dainphx
    I find it interesting that there are so many opinions out there, ranging from "not enough Clark in the episode", "why can't he fly yet when everyone else is?", analyzing plot and character developement, Chlollie bashing, the writers interpreting the mythos differently, Lois and Clark's relationship, where is JorEl while the Kandorians are in the FOS?, Doomsday finale haters... just to name a few.

Smallville has a huge fan base and one of the most loyal followings of any television show out there and it seems that every week I read so many comments on here where people nit pick and criticize every last detail. I understand that people are passionate about the show but has anyone just sat back and watched it for the entertainment value? I've been a Smallville fan from day one and not once have I disliked or criticized a single episode with the exception of HERO in Season 7. The chewing gum plug was a cheap marketing ploy and they only brought Pete back for nostalgia purposes when his character had already run it's course.

Smallville has always been about Clark's journey from a shy insecure teenager with super powers and a heart of gold to the man we all know will one day take to the sky. So what if he can't fly yet? The show wouldn't have the dramatic impact it currently has if he could. The only reason the Kandorians (and Kara) can fly is because they weren't raised on Earth. Clark was brought up in a human environment and it's his humanity that has kept him grounded thus far. It's his struggle with his Kryptonian heritage and his human upbringing that's been the core focus of the show since it began.

As far as character development is concerned, Clark has come a long way this season. He's beginning to fine tune that balance between his Kryptonian side and his "human attachments" and I have no doubt the writers have already laid out the foundation for what is surely going to be the ultimate payoff when Clark finally takes to the sky. If he could fly now he would BE Superman and the show would be over! But... since we all know there's going to be a Season 10 I don't see that happening in these last few episodes. The fact that Zod and the rest of his army can fly only makes for good dramatic story telling, and it's going to be very interesting to see how Clark defeats them without that ability yet (as we all know he will).

Instead of analyzing and picking apart every show... just sit back and be entertained for an hour. Clark's journey is almost complete and when the series finale comes a year from now there'll be nothing left to complain about. I have no doubt the writers are planning the ultimate conclusion to Clark becoming Superman so lets all just get on board, strap in, and enjoy the ride
    Wow. Agreed. Love reading this kind of posts.
    I never read a comic... the only thing that I knew about Superman was that he can fly and I know that he eventually will in SV. Oh and also that he is faster than a bullet lol...well letīs enjoy the ride, even if that happens on S10 last episode.

Anyways...watched the ep again... loooved it!

Comment

• Chrades' RED QUEEN LEGS

The RED Queen is Lana Lang.
      Kristin Kreuk is coming back!
      She got bumped-out from Chuck's, so she has no place but to come back!

But those legs of the Red Queen seen on Charade looks mighty SEXY, can't be Kristin's cause I have seen her legs and they looked like Kentucky Fried Chicken legs. NAH! Just kidding! Kreuk does have beautiful legs. But I don't think she will ever be coming back to SV, so scratch her off her being the Red Queen possibility.

I'm speculating, could be either Tess' or Martha Kent's. Annette Otoole & Cassidy Freeman between those two.

I better run and hide, Chun Li might be hunting me down for teasing her legs!

Comment

• ugh must they continually show clark looking like a slow kryptonian while all the rest can fly it was bad enough seeing it veritas but know they are beating us over the head with it, and clark with the facial expression "whaaa happened"?

a lot of this episode was idiotic tess being in possession of a dna cloak what?

that whole ridiculous kandorian ritual in the abandoned warehouse

the reveal that stewart is now a checkmate agent, they should of just killed him off such a pointless character. the funny thing is he was shot in the head by tess for defying orders, and he decides to defy orders yet again most likely resulting in his demise (hopefully)

the whole tess/chloe subplot was completely pointless, why did tess go there for again?

how did zod remove that kryptonite arrow? and how he was hardly affected by it?

luthorcorp security is non-existent, clark gets passed them by going up an elevator what?

and ofcourse clark turning his back on faora to check on waller, the writing for clark on this show sucks, it gets worse every year.

The Good Parts

-the first oliver/clark scene
        - chloe calling tess zods little b!tch

i voted a 4, but ill be generous and give this a 5.

Comment

• Why do I keep reading about how could Zod have removed the Kryptonite arrow? I'm not trying to be trite here, but I'm having a hard time with it.

My son asked the same question, so I get it, but logically, I would think that he could have just reached down and pulled it out. It's something that's really, really bothered me for years on this show, that Clark lays there writhing in pain, unable to move, and has to wait for Chloe or Martha or whomever to pick up the rock from his chest or move it from next to him. Yet he can run and leap in front of an already fired bullet in a room full of Kryptonite. It makes him look weak and inept, and it drove me insane for years.

So when my son asked me that question I just shook my head. B/C Zod, who was clearly affected by the greenK the same way Clark always is, at least was written to have the sense to overcome the pain long enough to reach down. Place his hand on the dart. Pull the dart out. And move away.

Comment

• Originally posted by hellokitty
            Why do I keep reading about how could Zod have removed the Kryptonite arrow? I'm not trying to be trite here, but I'm having a hard time with it.

My son asked the same question, so I get it, but logically, I would think that he could have just reached down and pulled it out. It's something that's really, really bothered me for years on this show, that Clark lays there writhing in pain, unable to move, and has to wait for Chloe or Martha or whomever to pick up the rock from his chest or move it from next to him. Yet he can run and leap in front of an already fired bullet in a room full of Kryptonite. It makes him look weak and inept, and it drove me insane for years.

So when my son asked me that question I just shook my head. B/C Zod, who was clearly affected by the greenK the same way Clark always is, at least was written to have the sense to overcome the pain long enough to reach down. Place his hand on the dart. Pull the dart out. And move away.
            Green Kryptonite has never been written consistent. Clark falls down getting close to Lana with a green K necklace yet he can get up and walk away with green K laying around him when he and Lex were trapped in the tunnels after an explosion. Whatever fits the story at the time it seems.

Comment

• 1- possibly the worst episode yet. if not it's in the bottom 3 for sure.

Am I the only person who gave this a 1? This was one giant WTH? moment after another. I mean, what did we really learn here?
              • Tess is being tracked by Checkmate. *yawn*
              • Faora is pregnant but is then murdered making that plot twist completely moot.
                MOD EDIT
              • Chloe... you have got to be kidding me.
              • NEWS FLASH!! Zod really IS the murdering psycho we all knew he was.

The only person I liked in this episode was Oliver. The rest of it was a steaming pile of manure.

----- Added 19 Minutes later -----

Originally posted by xrhs
              The RED Queen is Lana Lang.
              Kristin Kreuk is coming back!
              She got bumped-out from Chuck's, so she has no place but to come back!

But those legs of the Red Queen seen on Charade looks mighty SEXY, can't be Kristin's cause I have seen her legs and they looked like Kentucky Fried Chicken legs. NAH! Just kidding! Kreuk does have beautiful legs. But I don't think she will ever be coming back to SV, so scratch her off her being the Red Queen possibility.

I'm speculating, could be either Tess' or Martha Kent's. Annette Otoole & Cassidy Freeman between those two.

I better run and hide, Chun Li might be hunting me down for teasing her legs!
              If this happens, I'm not watching this show anymore. Don't even joke around like that.
              Last edited by Vergon6; 05-04-2010, 06:08 PM. Reason: Violation of Rule #10: Using mocking nickname for character

Comment

• Originally posted by red_sun1938
                1- possibly the worst episode yet. if not it's in the bottom 3 for sure.

Am I the only person who gave this a 1? This was one giant WTH? moment after another. I mean, what did we really learn here?
                • Tess is being tracked by Checkmate. *yawn*
                • Faora is pregnant but is then murdered making that plot twist completely moot.
                  MOD EDIT
                • Chloe... you have got to be kidding me.
                • NEWS FLASH!! Zod really IS the murdering psycho we all knew he was.

The only person I liked in this episode was Oliver. The rest of it was a steaming pile of manure.

----- Added 19 Minutes later -----

If this happens, I'm not watching this show anymore. Don't even joke around like that.
                There seems to be nothing here for you. So,why don't you just go ahead and find something you like better and not put yourself through this. No one is holding you hostage.

Comment

• oh contrair mon frair -

Originally posted by cma_454
                  They really do need to hire a few consultants, or at least use Google.

Warning, medical trivia ahead (feel free to skip):

[TRIVIA]

BTW, jor-eldeux, the failure to defibrillate (shock) Tess was one of the few things they got right, as the monitor showed Asystole (however they managed to get that reading), and you don't defibrillate (shock) Asystole. The Epinepherine and Atropine are used to (try to) convert Asystole to Ventricular Fibrillation, which is then defibrillated (shocked).
                  [/TRIVIA]

Then again, maybe they used special Kryptonite infused super Atropine...
                  - My bad - I assumed since she had to be "dead dead" not "mostly dead" (i.e. Princess Bride - Miracle Max) that she was completely flat line. How very EMT-dorky of me. Medical trivia aside - they screw up a lot of other things besides - I'm beginning to like the idea of less Clark too.

That way I don't get upset when they make him out to be the dork. Take Clark completely out - have Lois hook up with Metallo - or whoever she's forever committed to this week - and send Clark to look for Krypton for five years. Hmmm ...

Comment

• I liked the episode although I was expecting more from the Tess&Chloe scenes and yeah some of the stuff in the episode was farfetched (nothing new about that)! But the Zod scenes were pretty good and the look on Clark's face when the other Kandorians took to the sky seemed to say...I wish I could do that!

Comment

• I enjoyed the episode, but it was not my favorite of the season. No Lois automatically takes away a point. I did enjoy the Tess and Chloe scenes. Zod and Clark scenes were good and enjoyable. But, I did not like the Zod and Faora scenes- that was just plain horrid and awful.... I don't mean the acting, I mean the whole idea of Zod killing a pregnant Faora- how horrid is that? The whole idea is evil to me, and I can say without a doubt that I have no affection for ZOD and would never kneel before him. Callum did a great job with the acting because he truly made me hate him during that scene. In a way, I got the feeling that they were trying to make us feel sorry for him when he realized what he had actually done with that horrible act... but then to go and blame Clark.... man, that was bad. I cannot wait to see that evil villian get his comeuppance. And I also dislike the idea that all the Kandorians can fly while CLARK IS STILL EARTHBOUND>>>>>> Egads, enough already. Fly, Clark,doggone it FLY!!!!!!
                      So, even though I enjoyed he show, I had some issues with it. I am going to give it a 7. See, even though it was my least favorite of the season. I still liked it better than the worst episodes of season 8--- and we all know which episodes I am talking about.

Comment

• Congratulations to Justin Hartley!

Congratulations to Justin Hartley fro a well written episode. Excellent performances by everyone, too. I was a little disappointed though that they didn't kill off a main character. I had braced myself for that. Bit of a let down. Still a very good episode. Can't wait for Clark to fly.

Comment

• Originally posted by Sarevokcz
                          no he is not, otherwise they wouldnt keep secrets from him, and Kandorians wont find out about the Faora, unless Zod outs himself to them.

The freaking point is: Clark tried since Pandora to help then and whatnot and they betrayed him, even VALA, who was saved by Clark, thus Kandorians always wanted to believe in Zod more than Clark and half a season was for nothing and Chloe and Oliver will be validated while Clark will be listening to "We told you so" even tho it was Chloes fault that Checkmate hacked her system and found out where the Kandorians are, but that will NEVER come up again, I can guaratee that.

I wholeheartedly agree with you! I especially agree with the Vala part. I like her but her all of a sudden jumping ship to Zod's side was just like "WTF?" After all what Clark has done for you? Especially when YOU had a lot of faith in him as shown in Conspiracy. I was also flabbergasted when she thought it was CLARK that killed Faora. It was like, "OMG, are you THAT stupid? You really think Clark would do ANYTHING like that?"

Again. I really liked Vala as she was my favorite of the kandorians but this episode ruined her character and I feel the execs could have done SO much more with her.

Comment

• Originally posted by Cinge
                            Going as I watch: A) WTF is a DNA Cloak? I mean seriously? ROFL. Even if the DNA lets her in, hello there was a voice, password and full body scan?Why go through the trouble to show all this if you just ignore it later.

At least Clark was showing some emotion concerning last weeks big cliffhanger, otherwise really big continuity issue here, at least say something more about where she is or put on the screen "later that same day" to show why a big cliffhanger you focused on last week, is not taken care of this week.

Clark at least taking charge in the start, about damn time, now if he could just talk to Chole like that, and let her know who's in charge.

Didn't get the whole ritual thing with the flower , or why Clark would ask Ollie to go to the mansion when he could of been there searched(hello xray vision) and been done,instead of seeing some ritual with a flower.
                            Good talk between Tess/Chole in WT. Hopefully Chole learns that distrusting everyone automatically and living in isolation is bad..

Uh oh Ultimate power bible!
                            Hmm why wouldn't Zod kill Ollie instead of branding him? The guy just told you he would probably kill you if you hit him again next time.
                            Stuart is cool, mister geeky tech guy turns into one-eyed badass, hell bent on repaying Tess revenge :P

Wow geeky tech watchtower turns it Doogie Howser. Knows how to work a defibrillator and both know what atropine does and how to use it , some mighty fine online first aid courses in metropolis?At least it was a cool concept, to de-power the bio-electric tracker.Finally Chole giving some trust into someone.
                            Why the hell would Clark turn around to stare at Waller on the car windshield w/ zod behind him? We know he can listen to heartbeats.Why does Clark not follow zod/faora, hello super hearing w/ speed? Also lol@ zod having to put his head on her stomach to hear the heartbeat, doesn't he have super hearing?

Not understanding why Clark is not on top of where zod is by himself. Why's hes at the hospital knowing zod and the others are missing. Zod is badass this episode, think he snapped :P
                            Uh what the hell is Jor-el doing the entire time they are at the FoS? He just sits by doing nothing? He has to be there knowing whats going on.
                            Hahah@ Clark sitting in the FoS like a lost puppy while they all fly off.

Overall good episode. The zod plot is moving along nicely thankfully, along with checkmate. A lot of plotholes though. Continuity is still a issue for this show. They show "previously on" but ignore a big part of that episode that delt directly with clark, and don't even give a mention to hit this episode. It's like it was just forgotten for a week, and will pick back up. It didn't need to be solved this episode, but at least explain why, hell a simple " The next day" or something would of shown why or Clark simply staring at a picture of Lois would of shown the issue was still there.

Not enough Clark, was used almost as a excuse for someone else to do something. Shows up to oliver to tell him to go find stuff about zod hours away.Shows up to stop zod , waller and faora, but just turns his back so they get away. Shows up at the hospital just to be told where zod went. Then sits in the fos like a lost puppy while they all fly away.Took charge in the start with Oliver, then back into unsure/tepid Clark.

-Zod was money, he did really good tonight. You actually hated the guy, which is great for a villain.Think he finally snapped.
                            -Stuart/checkmate was great, Stuart especially
                            -Tess and Chole was good, hopefully the Trust Chole showed in Tess puts her along the right path. The whole hospital stuff was a little over the top.

Decent, give it a 8.
                            I agree with everything said here. The continuity issues on this show are getting annoying!

I give this episode a 7. Decent, but was choppy. Hated to see Faora killed, I was getting to like her character.

----- Added 33 Minutes later -----

Originally posted by dainphx
                            I find it interesting that there are so many opinions out there, ranging from "not enough Clark in the episode", "why can't he fly yet when everyone else is?", analyzing plot and character developement, Chlollie bashing, the writers interpreting the mythos differently, Lois and Clark's relationship, where is JorEl while the Kandorians are in the FOS?, Doomsday finale haters... just to name a few.

Smallville has a huge fan base and one of the most loyal followings of any television show out there and it seems that every week I read so many comments on here where people nit pick and criticize every last detail. I understand that people are passionate about the show but has anyone just sat back and watched it for the entertainment value? I've been a Smallville fan from day one and not once have I disliked or criticized a single episode with the exception of HERO in Season 7. The chewing gum plug was a cheap marketing ploy and they only brought Pete back for nostalgia purposes when his character had already run it's course.

Smallville has always been about Clark's journey from a shy insecure teenager with super powers and a heart of gold to the man we all know will one day take to the sky. So what if he can't fly yet? The show wouldn't have the dramatic impact it currently has if he could. The only reason the Kandorians (and Kara) can fly is because they weren't raised on Earth. Clark was brought up in a human environment and it's his humanity that has kept him grounded thus far. It's his struggle with his Kryptonian heritage and his human upbringing that's been the core focus of the show since it began.

As far as character development is concerned, Clark has come a long way this season. He's beginning to fine tune that balance between his Kryptonian side and his "human attachments" and I have no doubt the writers have already laid out the foundation for what is surely going to be the ultimate payoff when Clark finally takes to the sky. If he could fly now he would BE Superman and the show would be over! But... since we all know there's going to be a Season 10 I don't see that happening in these last few episodes. The fact that Zod and the rest of his army can fly only makes for good dramatic story telling, and it's going to be very interesting to see how Clark defeats them without that ability yet (as we all know he will).

Instead of analyzing and picking apart every show... just sit back and be entertained for an hour. Clark's journey is almost complete and when the series finale comes a year from now there'll be nothing left to complain about. I have no doubt the writers are planning the ultimate conclusion to Clark becoming Superman so lets all just get on board, strap in, and enjoy the ride
                            Wholeheartedly agree with this. I think it's good to criticize, because nothing is done perfectly, but only in moderation. There are only a couple of episodes that I have heavily criticized so far, the rest I always find good aspects even if they are still fairly mediocre episodes. I have enjoyed the vast majority of episodes. I have found Smallville to be great entertainment all round and loving the story of Clark Kent's journey becoming Superman, despite never having read the comics or seen the films. I will be sad when it ends.
                            Last edited by Livstevi21; 10-05-2010, 03:11 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Comment

• Unbelievable!!

Im too tired to type, but i have to say this episode took me for a leap...i truly felt the moment...Im glad i have the chance to see the past to the present of how this show has evolved...its going to be a sad day when the FINALE comes

PS: I love that they used some of the heartfelt music from the past old episode...
                              its is said that their are two things that can truly bring you back to a moment ...One being smell; Two being music...and thats what i felt and heard in this episode

Comment

• Good^^

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎