No announcement yet.

Temp Loan of a Soul?

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Temp Loan of a Soul?

I think that's just all fluff to get Bobby to buy into it. Never has a demon just given back a soul mainly because they can't. Numerous demons have said before, they collect the souls but don't hold them. Bobby's soul would be a big deal I would think. Might even be a good leveraging card to not die? Just wondering if that demon is on the level or not...well as much as a demon can be on the level.

perhaps he is tricking sam into saying yes. he will probably promise bobby will live if sam says yes to lucifer and then he will steal the rings and destroy them.

Comment

Crowley was double-crossing and manipulating the boys the entire episode, I wouldn't be surprised if he was lying to Bobby about it being temporary/that he'll get it back fully intact. Kinda has me thinking about BtVS when Buffy died and was resurrected she came back not completely right.

Comment

I'm on the fence about this. Part of me expects a big doublecross. Another part expects Crowley to actually believe in what he's saying because he has the opinion that if Lucifer gets sent back to hell, he will be one of the most powerful demons left. If the latter is true, I'm expecting a huge twist at the end that will become a big part of next season's plot.

Comment

I just don't know whether to believe him or not. If demons can give souls back this would be the first we've heard of it. Of course, I would imagine no demon has ever had a valid reason for wanting to give a soul back...

Comment

This would all be done by Crowley voluntarily breaking the deal. My best guess is that if this is all part of God's plan, then Crowley is either telling the truth, or the Winchesters will ultimately be successful in getting Bobby's soul back. Because I don't think he would let the Winchesters' only alternative involve Bobby making a deal & giving up his soul.

Comment

crowley is up to something, more then likely he wants bobby's soul as some sort of bargaining chip with the angels/demons or "insurance" against the bros

Comment

I recall the crossroads demon mentioning that she couldn't go back on a deal because she worked for a boss, and the boss had the contract, the boss being Lilith. I get the impression Crowley might be one of those bosses as he seems more powerful than other demons they have come across. So I believe he could very well only make a temporary deal, whether or not he will actually do that is another question all together as I am still not entirely clear on his motives apart from self preservation, which in and of itself is a powerful motivator.

Comment

Originally posted by SuperNinjaAlex
                  crowley is up to something, more then likely he wants bobby's soul as some sort of bargaining chip with the angels/demons or "insurance" against the bros
                  maybe a bargaining chip for if the boys win so they can't go after him to wipe him out too.

Comment

Hey Crowles, you've already shown in the same episode that you're still stuck in your demonly ways, lying to Dean. So the soul loaning thing could have been a more convincing offer if not immediately preceded by deception. Jim Beaver should just send Crowleigh to some annoying neighbor's house and let him use their soul for the spell.

Comment

^ You're combining real people with fiction characters. Haha.

Comment

If I've got the name Jim Beaver at my disposal I'm gonna use it.

Comment

my theory on crowley is that he is being mostly truthful with the brothers and wants to get rid of the devil but does have an ulterior motive. far as the deal goes, a demon has to follow through on any deal they make, at least far as i know, and i think him giving the soul back was part of the deal but you never know. but if not i hope bobby would still get 10 years.

Comment

I think Crowley is being truthful. They kissed on it, haha.

Comment

^^I could just imagine Bobby's reaction to that. Even though I'm glad I didn't see the kiss, I would have loved to see his reaction afterwards.

Comment

Working...
                              X
                              😀
                              🥰
                              🤢
                              😎
                              😡
                              👍
                              👎