No announcement yet.

Loved It? Hated it? What did you think of "Blood Brothers?"

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Loved It? Hated it? What did you think of "Blood Brothers?"

What did you think of tonight's episode?
    10 - Bloody loved it!
    0%
    0%
    0%
    0%
    0%
    0%
    0%
    0%
    0%
    1 - Bloody hated it!
    0%

Another great one...a 10!!!

Loved all the back story we got in this one...finding out how Damon and Stefan became vampires. Totally opposite of how I assumed it all went down. Really great insight into why they are what they are...explains alot about their behavior.

Damon and Elena got closer in the episode...I really like them together. But, I have to say the Stefan/Elena scene at the end was very touching and very well done. So sweet!

Loved Anna/Jeremy this episode! Felt so sorry for Anna at the end when she walked in to find her mom dead Pearl was an interesting character and I would have liked to have seen her more. Oh well...

And we finally got a glimpse of Isobel. Can't wait till next week!

Comment

I loved it...I just wish they would’ve dragged Stefan’s guilt out for a few more episodes. He’s so much more interesting when he got problems. I think he should’ve thrown that ring into the quarry and really given the episode a twist.
      It’s funny to see that the one that was really insecure & vulnerable was Damon and his bad-arse antics come from those insecurities.
      So a 10 for that bit of insight.

Comment

I absolutely loved this episode. It had drama (Stefan’s guilt fiasco), plenty of suspense (Damon and Alaric searching for Izzy), and of course backstory. It shows the writers’ are actually listening to the fans. We finally learned how the Salvatore bros turned. I liked how Steffan woke up from being shot and was stunned that a ring was on his finger, and Emily said that Katherine had her make it for him. I’m really liking the Alaric and Damon working together thing. I really liked how they progressed with Jeremy and Anna. But Pearl was such a badass vampire, I think she should’ve went out fighting; not in the cop-out way she did. And Harper was such a useless character, nice, but useless.

I really liked how they didn’t have Matt and Caroline on to take up screen time. BTW, is Frederick still alive?

Comment

Another typical brilliant VD episode, with all their trademarks of rocket-speed pacing, countless plot developments, clever writing, solid performances, and powerful emotional scenes.

The Damon/Alaric bromance.

Anna saying "Don't leave me again" to her dead mother.

Stefan pushing Damon into becoming a vampire.

Alaric encountering his wife.

Stefan and his father.

All this and much more in a single episode. This show is by far the most pleasant TV surprise of the year. I'd expected some cheesy Twilight rip off aimed at 10 year old girls and wasn't even going to bother to watch it. Instead we get this great stuff week after week after week with no let up.

Liked the idea of Stefan being the one who first embraced vampirism and Damon not wanting it. Even though Damon says that he persecuted Stefan all those years because of jealousy over Katherine, the real reason could have more to do with the fact that in spite of his smug exterior he really didn't want to be what he is and he blames Stefan for making him that way.

Agree that Pearl really got a lame ending. Only a few episodes ago she was being portrayed as smart, ruthless, and powerful enough to smack Damon around like a child. With almost 600 years of survival experience. Then she winds up getting insulted, humiliated, and cheap-shot murdered by somebody she should have been able to dispose of as easily as swatting a fly. Apparently this was supposed to show us how badass Uncle John is supposed to be, but it didn't do that for me. Uncle John should have had to actually do something to earn it, like come up with some really clever plot or something. Then we could respect him as a true badass. As it is, I just keep wondering how this jerk is still alive, even with his silly magic ring.

Frederick is dead.

Comment

great episode and i never thought that thats how Stefan and Damon was turn in vampires. great great episode. well done.

Comment

Fangsplosion of awesomeness!

I'll admit, at the beginning, I was like "Another origin episode?" But then with Stefan drinking his father's blood and pimping out that girl to Damon, I was like "Sweeeeet."

Another Bonnie-less episode, that's definitely a bad thing. Then again, I don't think they could have written her in very well, so maybe it's better to have her keep her distance from Elena and the brothers.

Jeremy is growing into one of the more likable characters of the show, which I wouldn't expect just by watching the first few episodes. His love for Anna was so cute, Anna is also another one of my favorites.

Pearl definitely got a cop-out death, I'd like her at least killing one of the council members before getting staked. When she got killed, I was like "Wow, I can't handle to watch the subsequent scene with Anna finding out."

Needless to say, that scene with Anna finding her mother was heartbreaking. The "Don't leave me again" was the moment when my heart snapped a little. Uncle John is such an *******, I hope someone tears him limb to limb (preferably Anna or Damon.)

I'm really beginning to enjoy the Damon/Alaric bromance, they're actually pretty cool together. That guy in the house was really a dead end, that scene served what purpose again? Oh, to remind Alaric that Isobel is really gone.

That ending... I literally said out loud, "Lol holy ****."

Comment

loved it. where's bonnie?

Comment

I loved this episode. I'm always looking forward to these flashback stuff so like I've said, I really loved it. Finally we got to see why Damon and Stefan had their differences from day one and Uncle John Gilbert made a huge step from where he came from. Murdered Anna's mom and that other vampire.
                  9/10 for this episode.

Comment

Why is it always so easy to kill a 400 year old (Annas Mother) vampire? Most the time the authors keep telling us that an "old" vampire is much more powerful and dangerous than a young one (like Isobel for ex.) They should've give Pearl some better end than just a stick through her heart. That was sooo lame! Some good fight would've been much better but maybe they need the salary of Kelly Hu now to pay Mia Kirshner...
                    Am i missing something here?

I bet Annas revenge will be very, very, ....bloody. Well, if she ever finds out that it was Onkel John.

Comment

I think they'll put David Anders as series regular next season because I don't see they gonna kill his character off any soon.

Comment

Weak episode for me, one of the worst of the season. Could care less about the Elena/Stefan love angst in this, boring. Instead of continuing the interesting plotline of Stefan living a secret life as a human blood addict, they stick him in the same basement cellar we've already seen Damon in before and have his "great love" Elena spew endless cliches one after another to "save" him. Speaking of the Elena/Stefan love-bore, I'm really sick of the intros of Stefan saying "I have to know her", way too overdone. We get it Stefan, you're 162 years old and you absolutely HAVE to know and get in the pants of a 17 year old girl. We get it. lol

The Stefan/Damon backstory was lame/lacked imagination. And Pearl's death was horrible and stupid. Anyway just two episodes to go, they've gotta be better than this.

Comment

10. Very good...like the flashing back.

I cannot wait for the next one.

Comment

"Can we not kill anyone tonight, please?"

I liked this episode, but the flashbacks kinda bogged it down for me. I mean I enjoy the flashbacks but it by now they're are getting kinda "old". Pun intended. One or two flashback epis would have been fine but now it's getting a little irritating. They need to stay in the present. I did like the Stelena drama but nothing else was wow about this episode. I was sad to see Miss Pearl die but I didn't understand why she had to. This episode seemed to be a set up more for the next episode.

Meh, I'll give it a 8 out of 10. Wasn't bad, it just wasn't great.

Comment

Working...
                            X
                            😀
                            🥰
                            🤢
                            😎
                            😡
                            👍
                            👎