Loved it? Hated it? What did you think of "The Devil You Know"

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

This was a great episode, IMO. Gave it a 9.

Crowley is fast becoming a fave adversary/ally of the boys (he reminds me of Ol' Yellow Eyes in that he's big time evil but he's totally entertaining as well).

Nice to see the return of the Croatoan virus as well.

I almost fell over when I realized that not only is a demon running the pharm. company but hey, that's Whitney! (though the swine flu story feels so 5 minutes ago.)

Crowley not wanting Sam to go (and was all "they're just leaving him there? No food, no water, no transportation?" but in the next scene he had booze so I guess they gave him some supplies) and then Sam's idea of sacrificing himself (why is Sam always so ready to die?!) was good.

Brady vs. Dean (I wondered if it was a plan. It was, just Crowley didn't let Dean in on it, I guess! LOL) was pretty cool. Lookie, Whitney beating up Jason Teague (you think they traded Smallville stories?)!

Did anyone else get startled at that preview for next week's ep. right there in the middle? I was fast forwarding through the commercials, saw Dean and clicked play and here's this preview. I was very confused for a minute. I thought I'd gone too far.

The reveal on Brady (and once again, a demon rubs salt in the wound for Sam using Jess) and Sam going berserk was good. Though Dean suddenly trusting Sam again was a bit strange to me. I mean, we spent a year and a half dealing with betrayal's and now they're fine again? O-K.

Then Sam locking Dean in the bathroom (I was shaking my head wanting to scream "again, Sammy?! You just got Dean's trust back!") and learning that Brady was the one who toasted Jess? Sam backing off was a nice touch, finally the boy is learning.

The hellhounds (I really loved Dean's reaction. Of course he would totally freak at the sound of them. After all, they dragged him to Hell!) and Crowley bringing a bigger one. I did feel a little bad at the yelping coming from the 'hound' fight. i know they are evil Hellhounds and not even "real" but I still found myself feeling sorry for them.

Then the scene with the laying of the salt line and Sam vs. Brady was very cold and seriously creepy (in a good way). The look Dean gives Sam as he walks to the Impala...whoa.

And finally Crowley and Bobby. But what I didn't get was why not use Bobby as bait? A couple episodes ago didn't Bobby say that Death wanted him or something? Then why not use him as a lure to bring Death to them?

But overall, yeah, a really good ep.

Comment

I liked the episode better the other time around actually. Not the best episode out there, but it's good. Crowley's fun, I loved Brady and Dean finally starting to thrust Sam again!
      Hated that they killed Brady though!

Comment

Working...
      X
      😀
      🥰
      🤢
      😎
      😡
      👍
      👎