No announcement yet.

8 months? Really?

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 8 months? Really?

Chloe mentioned in one scene with Clark when they were looking for Sacks that he'd been locked up the last 8 months. Is that how long Lois and Clark have been dating considering they got together about 2 days after Sacks was thrown in jail [the ending of Pandora]. That is of course assuming, he was immediately locked up and not going through court hearings for weeks/months until his final sentence. If that were to be the case, then they'd have been dating a little longer lol...

But really...? How long have Lois and Clark been an official item?

See now, this is what irks me. The timeline in SV is something that NEEDS to be addressed. I in NO way see 8 months passing from the space of Idol to Charade; it makes no sense; as the show is meant to span a year course with its episodes.

Also call me stupid, but in no way do i see Clark and Lois dating for 8 months and not saying the L word to each other, or sleeping together. Makes NO sense to me.

Comment

How much I'd like to know for sure how long they've been together...I can't understand why they don't give us any hint...Anyway I agree that 8 months seem a little bit unrealistic.

Comment

Indeed. SV time is certainly in its own time zone, much as the travel time between the Farm and the DP....

Comment

It happens all the time. We waited months between "Doomsday" and "Savior" and only three weeks went by in SV time. Now they are adding months. No biggie.

Comment

Well, I can't see them being together for 8 months... maybe 5 or 6 TOPS... but if they are together 8 months I don't think the fact they haven't said their "I love you's" or had sex means anything... they clearly want to do both but something keeps getting in the way... Banshee got in the way of their planned sex and Maxwell got got in the way of Lois's planned "I love you"... but yeah, 8 months between Idol and Charade is a bit much... unless there was at least 3 months in between Conspiracy and Escape... which is a possibility since Escape is when they first showed they were considering sex.

Here's what the time line would have to be IF Clark and Lois have in fact been dating 8 months...

Pandora to Disciple = 5 Weeks

Disciple to Conspiracy = 7 Weeks [this would have to include that missing week due to Hope for Haiti of course]

Conspiracy to Escape = 3 Months

Escape to Charade = 2 Months

That would equal to 8 months.

Comment

The timeline is all screwed up. We know Savior took place in late September because of the newspaper headline. Persuasion took place around V-day in Feb. That's 14 episodes over a 4 1/2 month period. Then we have Faora telling Clark in Conspiracy that he's only known Zod for a few weeks yet in Upgrade (3 episodes later) Zod says Clark has known him for nearly a year. Clark didn't meet Zod until Pandora. Since Clark met Zod in the same ep he started dating Lois, that would theoretically mean he and Lois have been dating for nearly a year, with no sex or ILY's, which I find unbelievably hard to swallow. It's all ridiculous at this point and impossible to form a cohesive timeline that makes any sense.
              Last edited by utguardian; 04-27-2010, 09:00 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by utguardian
                The timeline is all screwed up. We know Savior took place in late September because of the newspaper headline. Persuasion took place around V-day in Feb. That's 14 episodes over a 4 1/2 month period. Then we have Faora telling Clark in Conspiracy that he's only known Zod for a few weeks yet in Upgrade (3 episodes later) Zod says Clark has known him for nearly a year. Clark didn't meet Zod until Pandora. Since Clark met Zod in the same ep he started dating Lois, that would theoretically mean he and Lois have been dating for nearly a year, with no sex or ILY's, which I find unbelievably hard to swallow. It's all ridiculous at this point and impossible to form a cohesive timeline that makes any sense.
                Very true. I guess at the end of the day its a show and the time line is and always will be screwed. But is it safe to say Lois and Clark have been dating for 8 months? Can we officially call that "canon"? I'm gonna tweet the writers lol

Comment

Originally posted by Lilah
                  Very true. I guess at the end of the day its a show and the time line is and always will be screwed. But is it safe to say Lois and Clark have been dating for 8 months? Can we officially call that "canon"? I'm gonna tweet the writers lol
                  8 months is still a long time with no sex or ILY's. It makes you wonder, if they don't do any of that this season, how friggin' long will it be by the time they do?

Comment

I'm ok with it being 8 months... I kinda figured they would be dating very close to a year when the finale airs.

Comment

makes sense to me. you think Zod could build that tower in less than 8 months???????????

Comment

Wasn't it insinuated in 'Escape' that Clark and Lois have had sex?

Comment

Originally posted by Super Maverick
                          makes sense to me. you think Zod could build that tower in less than 8 months???????????
                          If you go back and read her original post and the timeline, you'll see the flaw. The towers were almost complete at the end of Disciple, though they were only started in Pandora, the previous episode. The towers were fully complete in Persuasion. By the timeline Lilah put together based on what the show was saying, the towers would have been done in 12 weeks, not 8 months. The 8 months is supposed to be from Idol/Pandora to now.

----- Added 5 Minutes later -----

Originally posted by Kii
                          Wasn't it insinuated in 'Escape' that Clark and Lois have had sex?
                          No, they were interrupted both nights. Also, in Charade, Lois pretty much told Chloe they hadn't. Chloe said something like "you guys haven't volleyed THE word yet" and Lois replied "among other significant relationship milestones."
                          Last edited by utguardian; 04-27-2010, 11:10 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Comment

Let's talk about the perception of "dating". By any stretch of the imagination we can assume that Clark is BUSY. Not to be outdone Lois cannot have made her "rep" in Metropolis if she and Clark were spending every spare minute wrapped in bliss. Let's give this idea a chance to ferment. What say Lois and Clark never have time to see each other unless we are there to witness the Clois. That could easily account for 8 months with no heavy breathing less an elevator grope occasionally. aren't we in on it, so to speak?

Comment

8 months is still a long time with no sex or ILY's. It makes you wonder, if they don't do any of that this season, how friggin' long will it be by the time they do?
                              Why? Because it's not the "status qou" of what society has depicted relationships to be? Personally, I like that they're waiting to do the big milestones. But if you go by canon, in Escape we can assume that they were planning on having sex when Lois tried to surprise him in the shower [but Banshee Chloe was in the way] and this past Friday Lois was planning to "drop the 'L bomb'" but the whole thing with Lord happened. And to be honest, I want to see them say I love you before they have sex. That's something I definitely don't want in offscreenville. So if they're building up to some big declaration then so be it. I know they love each other but I really want the moment when they say it to be their moment and not over shadowed by another relationship milestone.

----- Added 1 Minutes later -----

If you go back and read her original post and the timeline, you'll see the flaw. The towers were almost complete at the end of Disciple, though they were only started in Pandora, the previous episode. The towers were fully complete in Persuasion. By the timeline Lilah put together based on what the show was saying, the towers would have been done in 12 weeks, not 8 months. The 8 months is supposed to be from Idol/Pandora to now.

----- Added 5 Minutes later -----

I thought the towers were being built since Crossfire?

----- Added 4 Minutes later -----

Originally posted by malft
                              Let's talk about the perception of "dating". By any stretch of the imagination we can assume that Clark is BUSY. Not to be outdone Lois cannot have made her "rep" in Metropolis if she and Clark were spending every spare minute wrapped in bliss. Let's give this idea a chance to ferment. What say Lois and Clark never have time to see each other unless we are there to witness the Clois. That could easily account for 8 months with no heavy breathing less an elevator grope occasionally. aren't we in on it, so to speak?
                              Well, Lois did say that "since they've been seeing each other they haven't really seen each other."
                              Last edited by Lilah; 04-27-2010, 12:01 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Comment

Working...
                              X
                              😀
                              🥰
                              🤢
                              😎
                              😡
                              👍
                              👎