• Cordelia

4 3.39%
  • Anya

6 5.08%
  • Giles

4 3.39%
  • Oz

1 0.85%
Page 451 of 924 FirstFirst ... 351401441447448449450451452453454455461501551 ... LastLast
Results 6,751 to 6,765 of 13849
    KryptonSite Moderator yellowqueen22's Avatar
    Los Angeles, Toronto or Other International Locati
    Originally posted by Summers
    One word: novels

There is one book that begins directly after they leave the Sunnydale. They are still on the bus. Its QUEEN OF THE SLAYERS by Nancy Holder. I loved it. She's has shout outs to what happened on Angel's last season, and she put things Joss wanted to have in 'Chosen' but wasnt able to. But its novel's continuity.

I think they do mention Conner. I know without a doubt in the novel's continuity they know Cordy was in coma.
    Yeah... you guys keep recommending them to me... but I'm really nervous of being tainted by them. I love the show and the movie... and I'm nervous to branch out any further. Sometimes I feel like the fans of Buffy/Angel are trying to hold onto something that is over. (not intended as an insult to anyone). And I understand that... I hold on by watching the shows, chatting online, reading the academic essays, etc. But the whole idea of comics, graphic novels and novels that continue the story leave a bad taste in my mouth. It feels... I don't know... almost sacrilige. It's highly possible that if I actually gave one a chance I would enjoy it... and change my feelings on the subject.

Oh ok. Yea, I know what you mean .

*wonders what movie* .

Originally posted by BuZzArD 8012

Yea, I remember a while back you told us that one of novels took place after Sunnydale was destroyed. Also, about the whole Connor situation. But you never told us about them knowing Cordy was in coma until now .
    Yea, I did lol. Holder makes references to Angel S5 a lot during the course of the book.

But I cant elaborate on the Cordy reference because it ties into the book's plot.

Originally posted by Spiked
    The shippers wars...*runs away*

Aw! Your birthday is the day I move into college! It's going to be a fun day!

I need to buy Queen of the Slayers! Next time I go to the bookstore I'll look for it.
    Cool.

You moving into the dorms? Many of the dorms here have fee internet access.

Originally posted by yellowqueen22
    Yeah... you guys keep recommending them to me... but I'm really nervous of being tainted by them. I love the show and the movie... and I'm nervous to branch out any further. Sometimes I feel like the fans of Buffy/Angel are trying to hold onto something that is over. (not intended as an insult to anyone). And I understand that... I hold on by watching the shows, chatting online, reading the academic essays, etc. But the whole idea of comics, graphic novels and novels that continue the story leave a bad taste in my mouth. It feels... I don't know... almost sacrilige. It's highly possible that if I actually gave one a chance I would enjoy it... and change my feelings on the subject.
    I was afarid of reading my first Buffy novel because I didn't think it would stack up to the show's greatness. My first Buffy book was The Burning: The Unseen Trilogy. I haven't finished the trilogy because I wasn't impressived with Book I, lol. But I am will to try again with Queen of Slayers. I understand how you feel.

Originally posted by yellowqueen22
    I can understand that.

The novels and graphic novels are a separate continuity than the show. They started the separation in S3 novels, so it doesnt bug me. The Star Wars novels do the same thing that continues after Return of the Jedi. For me it give me my Buffyverse/Star Wars fix which I like because confessionally I'm not looking forward to an Angel or Spike movie. To me a movie would give the bad taste in my mouth.

Yea, I did lol. Holder makes references to Angel S5 a lot during the course of the book.

But I cant elaborate on the Cordy reference because it ties into the book's plot.
    That's awesome . I really want this novel but I have no money right now . Do you remember how much it was?

I was afarid of reading my first Buffy novel because I didn't think it would stack up to the show's greatness. My first Buffy book was The Burning: The Unseen Trilogy. I haven't finished the trilogy because I wasn't impressived with Book I, lol. But I am will to try again with Queen of Slayers. I understand how you feel.
    Hmm...I wouldve recommend to you The Gatekeeper Trilogy that is set in S3 or The Lost Slayer set in S4. Unseen is actually one of my least favorite trilogies.

The MSRP on Amazon is $9.99

*wonders what movie* .
    All the hint they would told me is that is a superhero movie I havent seen. So I think its Sky High.

Hmm...I wouldve recommend to you The Gatekeeper Trilogy that is set in S3 or The Lost Slayer set in S4. Unseen is actually one of my least favorite trilogies.
    Well that's good to know! I'll check out the other two trilogies.

Cool . Did you see Fantastic 4? It might be that if you didn't see it.

Well that's good to know! I'll check out the other two trilogies.
    They are my favorite . I wish I wouldve told you sooner to go after those books first before Unseen lol.

Cool . Did you see Fantastic 4? It might be that if you didn't see it.
    Yea, I saw F4 which I loved . I saw Batman Begins twice. All I can think of is Sky High since its kinda like the X-Men which I like, and I love family films too lol.

The MSRP on Amazon is $9.99
    What is this Spiked?

They are my favorite . I wish I wouldve told you sooner to go after those books first before Unseen lol.
    It was a while ago when I read it. So no worries. I like recommendations, makes it easier to pick a book out, lol.

What is this Spiked?
    The book price of Queen of the Slayers.

Yea, I saw F4 which I loved . I saw Batman Begins twice. All I can think of is Sky High since its kinda like the X-Men which I like, and I love family films too lol.
    Yea, I saw both of them also . I loved them both hehe . I want to see Sky High to . Tell me if its good, if you see it .

Page 451 of 924 FirstFirst ... 351401441447448449450451452453454455461501551 ... LastLast