Collapse
No announcement yet.

Uh...Lois punched Clark...wth

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ok, Lois has hit Clark numerous times before in and out of Smallville. Hitting Clark does not necessarily mean you will have a bruise or break a bone. I believe in other versions of the story he can get hit as Clark and he has some kind of ability to not have it hurt the other person. So Lois punching him is not out of the norm.

Comment

His "aura" probably allows him to reflexively shield people from harm while touching him, thanks to the "control" gained in his fortress "training."

Comment

Originally posted by malft
        She punched Clark as a ruse so that she could get that guys camera phone.
        But wouldn't that be like Lois hitting a wall?! Lois's hand would be broken.

Comment

I laughed!
          But then I was happy when she said why, I thought it was a fun distraction

Comment

Originally posted by obiwan8
            you are missing the point, her hand should be broken

Obviously Clark saw what she was going to do and was expecting it. He made sure it did not hurt her, and well it definitely didn't hurt him.

Comment

Under normal circumstances, Clark's face probably would have broken Lois' hand, but he saw it coming. Therefore, it seems logical that with his super reflexes he was able to lessen the pressure between his face and her fist -- besides, she was punching him as a distraction, not to actually hurt him, so I don't think she was even hitting him with full force anyway.

Comment

Originally posted by C.K.<3L.L.
                Obviously Clark saw what she was going to do and was expecting it. He made sure it did not hurt her, and well it definitely didn't hurt him.
                Ditto.

Comment

Don't you remember, in offscreenland, the expose Lois and Clark wrote about the shady stuntman school. They learned about fake hitting people, and how to throw yourself 30 feet and bounce off the wall, and make it look like it should of killed you, but now it's miller time!

Comment

What a nice distraction, Lois

Comment

Originally posted by smallvillerocks45
                      Under normal circumstances, Clark's face probably would have broken Lois' hand, but he saw it coming. Therefore, it seems logical that with his super reflexes he was able to lessen the pressure between his face and her fist -- besides, she was punching him as a distraction, not to actually hurt him, so I don't think she was even hitting him with full force anyway.
                      Yep, that's what I thought too.

Comment

You know I don't actually think she hit him, I watched it online (In the UK, I have to) and even in the crap quality I could tell Lois didn't actually hit him

Watch the scene again where she hits him and breaks the phone, or its just bad acting

Comment

Originally posted by LilMo
                          You know I don't actually think she hit him, I watched it online (In the UK, I have to) and even in the crap quality I could tell Lois didn't actually hit him

Watch the scene again where she hits him and breaks the phone, or its just bad acting
                          Right on the money here. The first scene, it looks like she's already planted the punch and Clark is "recoiling" back from the hit (thats in the paper)

Later in the epi, they show a scene thats further back. Lois throws the punch, Clark dodges, and she "falls" forward... knocking the phone from the pizza guys hands and she steps on the phone. She even admits that was her plan in a scene or two after that.

So, basically Clark didnt "take a hit" from her... he stepped out of the way.

Comment

Im pretty sure that was just bad acting and timing. Clark said later in the episode that she decked him not that she tried to deck him.
                            I believe it is not uncommon for people to hit Clark either in Smallville or anywhere else. Didnt the guy play football? I doubt any of the guys he played with are missing teeth from running into the brick wall that is Clark Kent.

Comment

Just seems ironic that last week everyone was slamming the show it having men treat woman badly but when lois slugges clark its funny. (Which it was BTW.....Funny as hell).

Comment

Originally posted by uncaged
                                Clark moves at superspeed. As long as he has time to move with her fist he can stop her from breaking her hand against his face. If he can play football and not break the necks of every guy that tries to tackle him then I think he can manage to not break Lois' hand when she tries to punch him head on.
                                I was going to say that. If we remember when Clark confronted his Dad about playing football he said he always fell when hit so the other playes wouldn't get hurt when they tackled him. So he just went with the punch and Lois' hand is safe.

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎