No announcement yet.

Is Lois in love with the Blur?

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by SV'S_immortal_hero
    hes living happily as clark like he did since his adoption, but all clark wants at this moment is reassurance that if hes enough for her

No he has not lived happily as Clark like he did since his adoption.

Clark, in SV, has ALWAYS struggled with both his human side and his Kryptonian side.

He is trying to achieve a balance.

He still hasn't figured out he is BOTH human and Kryptonian. He has not accepted that fact.

And for him to only offer his human part is a lie. Because he is not only human.

Comment

Originally posted by SV'S_immortal_hero
      hes living happily as clark like he did since his adoption, but all clark wants at this moment is reassurance that if hes enough for her
      Since he was born, Clark was never just Clark Kent the farmboy or Clark Kent the Mild-Mannered Reporter. He's always be Clark Kent and Kal-El.

Comment

Originally posted by abbaspice1
        No he has not lived happily as Clark like he did since his adoption.

Clark, in SV, has ALWAYS struggled with both his human side and his Kryptonian side.

He is trying to achieve a balance.

He still hasn't figured out he is BOTH human and Kryptonian. He has not accepted that fact.

And for him to only offer his human part is a lie. Because he is not only human.
        Originally posted by ginevrakent
        Since he was born, Clark was never just Clark Kent the farmboy or Clark Kent the Mild-Mannered Reporter. He's always be Clark Kent and Kal-El.
        to both posts lets agree to disagree

Comment

Originally posted by morrigan01
          Because people don't understand that Clark alone isn't all of who Clark is. Not anymore, if he ever was.

Really, it isn't only Lois who people think should settle for the just-Clark side of Clark. By cutting off his Blur side from her, Clark is denying himself a full connection to Lois too. It works both ways. Because Clark could never be happy giving up being the Blur, but he also didn't look happy to be cutting off the Blur side of himself from Lois.

And Clark would, in no way now, just be satisfied with having a romantic relationship with Lois and that's it. That's not going to work either IMO, and I really think he's in denial about that at the moment.
          I've posted about this in another thread, but I'm just gonna post your quote morrigan and call it good.

Comment

I said this before the season started that, ever since the pilot - when Clark found out he was an alien - the show show has been about Clark trying to deal with a very real part of himself. Kal-El isn't a fake person, nor is it just what Clark "can do." That is simplifying it.

They could get away with it on LnC because that Clark didn't even know he was Kryptonian or that his birth name was Kal-El until he was an adult and well established as Superman. This Clark found all that out when he was 14-15. He's lived with this knowledge and had to deal with it day-in and day-out for almost a decade now.

He is both Clark Kent and Kal-El. And he always will be both Clark Kent and Kal-El. And to think that Lois should only be content with one side of him - or that Clark himself could remain content with only giving her one side of him - is to miss one of the main reasons why Lois Lane is supposed to be different from the other people in his life, except for Jonathan and Martha Kent. And that was to care for and feel a connection to Kal-El before he was really known as Clark to them.

Comment

Lois doesn't know that the Blur and Clark are the same person! So, Lois is definitely choosing the Blur over Clark. She said that working with the blur was the most important part of her life. Clark even asked her that there had to be something else that was important to her but she never replied.

She loves them both but she is leaning towards the Blur. Again, Lois does not know that they are the same person.

For all she knows that is all there is to Clark and this is why it hurts Clark to see that he isn't enough for her.

Comment

Originally posted by Kevin24
                Lois doesn't know that the Blur and Clark are the same person! So, Lois is definitely choosing the Blur over Clark. She said that working with the blur was the most important part of her life. Clark even asked her that there had to be something else that was important to her but she never replied.

She loves them both but she is leaning towards the Blur. Again, Lois does not know that they are the same person.

For all she knows that is all there is to Clark and this is why it hurts Clark to see that he isn't enough for her.
                Lois being conflicted between her commitment to The Blur and her commitment to Clark are based on two different emotions. Lois' commitment to The Blur is based on the fact that helping him satisfies the deep desire Lois has to do something that matters, something that helps people and changes the world. Her devotion to The Blur is done out of selflessness while Lois views her relationship with Clark as a selfish indulgence. She loves Clark. She loves Clark more than anything thing in this world, but to put her love for Clark above the calling she feels allows her to be a part of something good and transformative would be selfish from Lois' point of view. The last scene demonstrated, in my opinion, that Clark empathizes with this feeling because he feels the same thing. From his point of view, being with Lois and loving Lois is selfish. He's putting his human needs above his Kryptonian calling. More than anything, I thought this episode illustrated just how similar Lois and Clark really are.

Comment

Lois being conflicted between her commitment to The Blur and her commitment to Clark are based on two different emotions. Lois' commitment to The Blur is based on the fact that helping him satisfies the deep desire Lois has to do something that matters, something that helps people and changes the world. Her devotion to The Blur is done out of selflessness while Lois views her relationship with Clark as a selfish indulgence. She loves Clark. She loves Clark more than anything thing in this world, but to put her love for Clark above the calling she feels allows her to be a part of something good and transformative would be selfish from Lois' point of view. The last scene demonstrated, in my opinion, that Clark empathizes with this feeling because he feels the same thing. From his point of view, being with Lois and loving Lois is selfish. He's putting his human needs above his Kryptonian calling. More than anything, I thought this episode illustrated just how similar Lois and Clark really are.
                  I like how you broke it down. I agree that they are very similar in wanting to do something great. This analysis is spot on in my opinion.

I was responding to the people that kept saying that Clark is only half the person and as much as that makes sense at the same time it doesn't. Because in Lois's point of view they are two different people and she has no way of knowing that they are one in the same.

I was speaking from Lois's point of view and not ours as viewers.

Comment

I like how you broke it down. I agree that they are very similar in wanting to do something great. This analysis is spot on in my opinion.

I was responding to the people that kept saying that Clark is only half the person and as much as that makes sense at the same time it doesn't. Because in Lois's point of view they are two different people and she has no way of knowing that they are one in the same.

I was speaking from Lois's point of view and not ours as viewers.
                    The point I was making takes into account the fact that Lois believes The Blur is a different person. For Lois, supporting The Blur is a higher calling that supersedes what she considers her more "selfish" love for Clark. It's like how The General's commitment to serving his country always took precedent over his love for his children.

Lois Talking about the General in Siren:

My dad was a general. And he cared about me. But I learned really early that his role in the world was a lot more important than being a father. And you know what? For good reasons.
                    Last edited by ginevrakent; 04-23-2010, 09:45 PM.

Comment

The question that remains is if the blur alone was apparently enough for Lois, why shouldn't "the Clark" (Since that's how we all happen to be seeing it) be enough for her also?

She was ready to die for the blur, a man she has no idea of but Clark, someone she's known for five years and only a few weeks back was thinking he was it, is not enough for her.

Honestly I wanna slap Clark in the back head as to why he hasn't told her but I see where his coming from. Lois has apparently accepted the blur side of him now all that's left is for her to accept the Clark side of him.

And then they have hot makeup sex and its a win/win for all... yes including me lol

Comment

I think Lois realized, in this episode, that her relationship with the Blur meant a lot more than she thought. Which maybe is making her wonder if she is in love with him. But I think she just likes feeling important or like she is making a difference. Or like she is trustworthy, because the blur confided in her.

Comment

Originally posted by dorsydoll
                          The question that remains is if the blur alone was apparently enough for Lois, why shouldn't "the Clark" (Since that's how we all happen to be seeing it) be enough for her also?
                          Actually - and someone pointed this out in another thread - we saw that the Blur alone wasn't enough for Lois at the beginning of the season, in Savior and Metallo. Because she had the Blur, calling her all the time from what she told Chloe, but she was still missing Clark terribly at the same time. To the point that she even dog-napped Shelby when she thought he'd come back and hadn't told anyone.

So no. The Blur alone wasn't enough, as we've already seen. And Clark alone shouldn't be enough either. All or nothing. And that's all it can be, or it wont be anything at all and it can never last if they both keep trying it IMO.

Comment

----- Added 39 Seconds later -----

Originally posted by morrigan01
                            Actually - and someone pointed this out in another thread - we saw that the Blur alone wasn't enough for Lois at the beginning of the season, in Savior and Metallo. Because she had the Blur, calling her all the time from what she told Chloe, but she was still missing Clark terribly at the same time. To the point that she even dog-napped Shelby when she thought he'd come back and hadn't told anyone.

So no. The Blur alone wasn't enough, as we've already seen. And Clark alone shouldn't be enough either. All or nothing. And that's all it can be, or it wont be anything at all and it can never last if they both keep trying it IMO.
                            Savior/Metallo
                            Escape/Charade.
                            We've come a long way things tend to change with time.
                            Last edited by dorsydoll; 04-23-2010, 10:56 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Comment

The bottom line, Clark would never be happy "just" being Clark. If he had to stop being the Blur and not "be" that part of him, he would even eventually feel rather empty because quite literally half of him would be gone.

So I don't believe Clark would ever accept himself as "just Clark" so why should Lois Lane, the woman who is NOT Lana, and who is supposed to be different from anyone else *and* his "soulmate" have to settle for "just Clark" when "just Clark" is only half of the man who we have seen on Smallville for almost a decade?

No, if Lois had met the Blur, interacted with him, and spent nearly 2 years forming a relationship and she hadn't formed this type of strong bond, I would have said something was deeply wrong with this incarnation of Superman because the way this series has been written, Lois has to feel a connection to both sides otherwise it doesn't work. Clark needs to find someone who will loves both sides of him, especially his Kryptonian side and won't just "accept" it because that person is already bonded with his human side, but will somehow naturally embrace that side the way the Kents did with young Clark.

Comment

She actually did. Her exact quote was : "When I am with you, is about more than what I want, Who I want. It is something that is bigger than me." In another words, she acknowledge that there were things that she wanted for her, but helping him was bigger than that. It was, in another words, the same feeling that Clark feels about his Blur's life.

Metallo: "I can't let that life (Clark Kent's) interfere with my training again."

Crossfire: "As much as I care about Lois, there is nothing more important than fiding the Kandorians."

I don't think anyone would think that Clark would be wrong to choose his Blur's life over Lois, and, more than once, this season, he has. And you know what, he is right. As much as cares about Lois, the truth is that the world needs him more. It seems weird that people don't understand that Lois feels exactly the same way as he does about it. She gets that the Blur's mission is more important that she is, and more important than what she wants. She gets that this mission has to come first, so, when the Blur asks her to do something, she will do, because she believes that his mission is more important than her own personal life. As she said herself, her life and her feelings feels "selfish" in front of the Blur's calling.

I don't think she is leaning towards the Blur. I think that she feels a sense of duty for his mission that makes her put her own life on hold. That was exactly what she tried to explain to Clark, and he did understood exactly how she felt, because that is what he feels every day.

I actually don't buy that the fact that his Clark's persona isn't enough for her hurts him. After rewatching the Blur break up scene, Clark is hurting for breaking up with her as the Blur. He is almost chocking when he tells her he is not calling her again, and he is visibly in pain over that. In fact, it looks to me that, keeping her out of this side of his life hurts him more than he ever realized it would.

IMO, Clark hurst because he decided that he would have to keep her out of that part of his life FOREVER. And that part of his life is a huge part of him that he wanted to share with her too. He decided that she can only have his Clark's life, which is not enough, and he knows that is never going to be enough. And I wonder if, when he is asking her that, if he isn't asking himself the same question. Will his decision of keeping her out of his life as the Blur be enough for HIM?

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎