Collapse
No announcement yet.

Is Lois in love with the Blur?

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Just like in the mythology. Lois has feeling for Superman.

Comment

Originally posted by abbaspice1
      But that isn't the case. Clark isn't offering Clark...he is offering a shadow of himself.

And they have not been together for 5 years.

She has already proven she loves the human side of him. But he needs to offer ALL of himself.

As it should be.
      i do watch smallville so i know they only started dating this year, i meant loving/caring about clark as clark and feeling hes important to her life

take the blur out the equation and the question clark asked still stands is CLARK enough

Comment

Originally posted by liana
        This is not LnC. LnC went out of the way to sell the idea that Clark is only a human with powers that happened to be born in another planet. SV has shown us a Clark that has human traits, because he was raised by humans, but who has never truly fit in the world, because he wasn't human either. His Kryptonian heritage impacts on him in much more than just having powers. His mind works differently, he has some kind of Kryptonian intuition, whatever this is, he has this whole cold side that is part of his Kryptonian personality, according to the producers. It goes beyond the powers, it is a part of who he is. So, if we go by what the show tells us, and we accept that his Kryptonian side is as much part of him as Clark is, can we truly expect Lois to only love one side of him? Is it true love, if it is only given to one half?
        Thank you, thank you, thank you. I really think people keep missing this point because they only see Clark as the "human" and therefor the "real" part of him. And that has never been the case, especially on Smallville. On Lois & Clark yes, but Smallville, no.

The Blur isn't just what Clark can do, which it was on LnC. It's his Kryptonian side, it's the side of him that goes out every night and tires to help people - the side that can actively make a difference. And it's just as real as the "human" side of him.

And the idea that Lois should just settle for one part of Clark because it's the "human" side of him is not fair to either Lois or Clark. Because it's Lois trying to love just one half of a person and it's Clark, once again, trying to deny a real part of who he is.

Comment

And they have not been together for 5 years.
          Well, she came into his life in S4, so technically five years. Now, in SV world time, who knows exactly how long that is, but nonetheless, they've known each other long enough for Lois to know if Clark is "enough" for her. I mean, she obviously felt that the Blur was "enough" for her, actually telling the Blur in tonight's episode that [more or less] 'he was the most important part of her life'...leaving Clark sadly stunned!

She has already proven she loves the human side of him. But he needs to offer ALL of himself.
          Well she might love him, yes. But just as Clark asked her, ---is he "enough" for her? *crickets chirping*

Comment

Originally posted by ginevrakent
            Lois can't just love Clark for Clark because Clark isn't just "Clark." In Hex, Clark tried out just being "Clark" for the day and it wasn't enough for him, in the end. If Clark isn't enough for Clark, how can Clark be enough for Lois?
            he asked her the question if HE was enough, theres no blur/superman in that question, only clark and if she cant answer that right away then everything TPTB have built with them is meaningless, because clark to her will never be enough she wants the other half which this comes down to
            Last edited by SV'S_immortal_hero; 04-23-2010, 08:40 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by morrigan01
              Because people don't understand that Clark alone isn't all of who Clark is. Not anymore, if he ever was.

Really, it isn't only Lois who people think should settle for the just-Clark side of Clark. By cutting off his Blur side from her, Clark is denying himself a full connection to Lois too. It works both ways. Because Clark could never be happy giving up being the Blur, but he also didn't look happy to be cutting off the Blur side of himself from Lois.

And Clark would, in no way now, just be satisfied with having a romantic relationship with Lois and that's it. That's not going to work either IMO, and I really think he's in denial about that at the moment.
              I really blame LnC for what people think. In LnC, Clark really was all that was. There was no Kryptonian heritage, there wasn't another side of him. That is why people say that "Superman is what I do. Clark is who I am." But that is not true for Smallville. In fact, this season, Clark has been much more the Blur than Clark, if you really look at him. It is not just powers, he did tell Chloe repeteadly that part of his life was over in the begining of the season, and Chloe said that he needed "his human disguise" in Metallo. Crossfire showed us Clark and Chloe discussing that he decided to go back to his Clark's life "as a cover".

So, Clark does know, pretty well, that being Kryptonian is different than being "just Clark". He is not "just Clark", at least, not any more, if he ever truly was. He is both Kal-el, and Clark Kent, and the truth is that if Lois only valued, loved or cared about Clark Kent, she would be loving and caring for a lie. She has to be shown as the only one who loves the whole package, because she is supposed to be his soulmate. If she love the Human side, and only accepts and tolerates the Kryptonian side, she would be no different from everyone that has loved Clark before, and she wouldn't be giving him what he needs: love instead of acceptance.

Comment

Originally posted by SV'S_immortal_hero
                he asked her the question if HE was enough, theres no blur/superman in that question, only clark and if she cant answer that right away then everything TPTB have built with them is meaningless, because clark to her will never be enough she wants the other half which this comes down to
                What I'm saying is that even for Clark, "Clark" isn't enough. I think it's unfair to hold Lois to a standard Clark himself cannot meet.

Comment

Originally posted by SV'S_immortal_hero
                  And if Clark is enough, then his Kryptonian side will never be loved, but just accepted or tolerated, just like Clark only tolerates his Kryptonian side, instead of embracing it. In another words, Clark wants Lois to reacts to his Kryptonian side as he does. By wanting her to fall in love and accept only the human side, he is rejecting his Kryptonian side, which, by the way, is the same problem that is preventing him to fly, according to Jor-el.

And personally, I think that Clark would be hurt if Lois said that she can let go of the Blur as if he was nothing important at all. After all, she would be rejecting a part of him too. Either way, it was bound to hurt Clark.

Comment

Also Lois doesn;t feel like Clark is hiding anything from her. Lana always did so it made since that she did not want clark because it was not all of him. But in this situation like Clark asked, is he enough? Without the danger/excitement/investigating/action could you just love me?
                    I get what some of you are saying that Lois loves all of clark so naturally she has beeling for the blur because he is clark. BUT who wouldn;t be in love with a superhero? Lets put it in real terms, say if Clark was a famous singer or stupid rich. Do you like me just because of my position? If all of that stopped the money and/ fame would you still be there?
                    Thats how I think clark is looking at it

Comment

Originally posted by MsNJS
                      Also Lois doesn;t feel like Clark is hiding anything from her. Lana always did so it made since that she did not want clark because it was not all of him. But in this situation like Clark asked, is he enough? Without the danger/excitement/investigating/action could you just love me?
                      I get what some of you are saying that Lois loves all of clark so naturally she has beeling for the blur because he is clark. BUT who wouldn;t be in love with a superhero? Lets put it in real terms, say if Clark was a famous singer or stupid rich. Do you like me just because of my position? If all of that stopped the money and/ fame would you still be there?
                      Thats how I think clark is looking at it
                      But that was the wrong question to ask, if that was the question. It isn't about excitement, danger, action or investigation. Because her job gives her all of that, and she loves it. She finds this all in her job. However, when she is working with the Blur, she finds she is doing something bigger, according to what she said in Rabid, and she also feels a strong connection to him, because he is a big part of Clark too.

Comment

I really blame LnC for what people think. In LnC, Clark really was all that was. There was no Kryptonian heritage, there wasn't another side of him. That is why people say that "Superman is what I do. Clark is who I am." But that is not true for Smallville. In fact, this season, Clark has been much more the Blur than Clark, if you really look at him. It is not just powers, he did tell Chloe repeteadly that part of his life was over in the begining of the season, and Chloe said that he needed "his human disguise" in Metallo. Crossfire showed us Clark and Chloe discussing that he decided to go back to his Clark's life "as a cover".

So, Clark does know, pretty well, that being Kryptonian is different than being "just Clark". He is not "just Clark", at least, not any more, if he ever truly was. He is both Kal-el, and Clark Kent, and the truth is that if Lois only valued, loved or cared about Clark Kent, she would be loving and caring for a lie. She has to be shown as the only one who loves the whole package, because she is supposed to be his soulmate. If she love the Human side, and only accepts and tolerates the Kryptonian side, she would be no different from everyone that has loved Clark before, and she wouldn't be giving him what he needs: love instead of acceptance.
                        I want to just stand up and applaud and repost this whole thing, especially the last part. Lois loving only the "just Clark" side of Clark would be a lie and isn't enough for the very reasons you just said. Because it would make her no different that Lana or anyone else who ever loved Clark as "just Clark." She would just be loving half of him, not the whole of him. And no, if she's supposed to be his soulmate, than that isn't enough.

This really is the fault of LnC that people just think Clark is all there is to Clark. Because if that is all you know about Lois and Clark's relationship, then no. You wouldn't understand that the Kal-El/Blur part of Clark is just as real as the "just Clark" side of him is. And, funnily enough, I remember arguing this whole thing before the season started.

And heck, in this very episode, Clark himself said "half of him gets Lois one way, and the other half got her another way." He never said what LnCClark said, which is one half of him want "what he can do." Because that's not how SVClark feels about the Blur part of his life. Which has been pointed out more than once this season, especially in Idol, which this episode echoed.

Comment

Originally posted by ginevrakent
                          What I'm saying is that even for Clark, "Clark" isn't enough. I think it's unfair to hold Lois to a standard Clark himself cannot meet.
                          hes living happily as clark like he did since his adoption, but all clark wants at this moment is reassurance that if hes enough for her

Comment

Originally posted by A Flawed Fashion
                            She's in love with Clark and part of Clark is The Blur. She loves all of Clark and in order for her to do that, she has to love Clark Kent the farm boy turned Journalist and the superhero now known as The Blur. She loves Clark, therefore she loves The Blur.

Her love for The Blur is part of her love for Clark - if they are soulmates and have that deep connection like the show is playing them to have, then her connection to Clark would extend to The Blur even if she never realizes why. She loves all of Clark(including the Blur) and can't help it no matter what Clark says to try and hide the fact that he is the Blur. She loves The Blur because he is her soulmate the same as Clark is.
                            Agreed. It was shown to us tonight, although poor Clark didn't. That scene when Maxwell Lord was trying to uncover the Blur's identity and the machine was piecing it together from Lois's memories was so cool. At the very end, when clark crashed through and the Blur's face from lois's memories matched Clark's it said it all IMO.

Lois loves him all him with all of heart. Just like in Idol she is confused. She has strong feelings for Clark, and the blur.. it would make it so much easier if they were the same person. Charade for me mirrored Idol in ways.

Hard day for Lois. Loses her job, part of Clark (blur), and is confused about Clark.

Comment

The FACTS that people are ignoring is....

*Normal Clark isn't even enough for Clark himself.

*One cannot separate the Blur from Clark. It is the same person.

*No one can truly love only 1/2 of a person

*Clark isn't offering his whole being, his whole self to Lois--- just the human side

These are the facts.

Why should 1/2 of Clark be enough for Lois, when it isn't enough for Clark.

As fa as comparing Clark to a superstar....If someone was to fall for a superstar, they MUST fall for the whole person...the traveling, the celebrity, the times when they try to be normal.

In other words, they must love the TOTAL package.

----- Added 2 Minutes later -----

and if clark is enough, then his kryptonian side will never be loved, but just accepted or tolerated, just like clark only tolerates his kryptonian side, instead of embracing it. In another words, clark wants lois to reacts to his kryptonian side as he does. By wanting her to fall in love and accept only the human side, he is rejecting his kryptonian side, which, by the way, is the same problem that is preventing him to fly, according to jor-el.

And personally, i think that clark would be hurt if lois said that she can let go of the blur as if he was nothing important at all. After all, she would be rejecting a part of him too. Either way, it was bound to hurt clark.
                              Originally posted by morrigan01
                              i want to just stand up and applaud and repost this whole thing, especially the last part. Lois loving only the "just clark" side of clark would be a lie and isn't enough for the very reasons you just said. Because it would make her no different that lana or anyone else who ever loved clark as "just clark." she would just be loving half of him, not the whole of him. And no, if she's supposed to be his soulmate, than that isn't enough.

This really is the fault of lnc that people just think clark is all there is to clark. Because if that is all you know about lois and clark's relationship, then no. You wouldn't understand that the kal-el/blur part of clark is just as real as the "just clark" side of him is. And, funnily enough, i remember arguing this whole thing before the season started.

And heck, in this very episode, clark himself said "half of him gets lois one way, and the other half got her another way." he never said what lncclark said, which is one half of him want "what he can do." because that's not how svclark feels about the blur part of his life. Which has been pointed out more than once this season, especially in idol, which this episode echoed.

quoted for truth!
                              Last edited by abbaspice1; 04-23-2010, 08:58 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Comment

But that was the wrong question to ask, if that was the question. It isn't about excitement, danger, action or investigation. Because her job gives her all of that, and she loves it. She finds this all in her job. However, when she is working with the Blur, she finds she is doing something bigger, according to what she said in Rabid, and she also feels a strong connection to him, because he is a big part of Clark too.
                                But she is drawn to that. As a reporter you are not always in the situations she is in.. If that is the case Clark could barely help anyone else for having to save reporters all day long. From the outside we can rationalize that he is the same person and she loves all of him, but she does not know he is the same person so she is in essence choosing someone else over clark. And that is the basics of the situation and it sucks. That's why clark had that gut punch look on his face.

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎