No announcement yet.

Is Lois in love with the Blur?

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by abbaspice1
    The problem is he is ONLY OFFERING 1/2 OF HIMSELF!

Sorry, 1/2 of a person just won't do.

If you love someone, would you only offer 1/2 f yourself? Come on.
    clark is who he is blur/superman is what he can do, as for me well people get what they see

lois should be able to love clark and feel hes important and NOT stall on that answer, learning the secret doesnt solve the problem it only makes it harder if she doesnt change her opinion on her life with clark!

Comment

Originally posted by SV'S_immortal_hero
      it shows that regular clark HALF of him isnt enough for her, and right now she shouldnt learn the secret till she knows! clark alone is important to her
      So you're saying half of Clark shouldn't be enough for her? That she shouldn't want the whole person and should settle for half of a relationship with him?

No person, IMO, should settle for half of a person. Especially when it's someone they love. That goes for Lois and Clark. JMO.

----- Added 2 Minutes later -----

clark is who he is blur/superman is what he can do, as for me well people get what they see
      No, no wrong. That was on Lois & Clark: The New Adventures of Superman.

On Smallville, the Blur is just as real a person - as real a person - as Clark himself. The Blur isn't what Clark can just do - and he never was, especially when it came to calling Lois as the Blur.

Clark could never give up being The Blur because it's just as real a part of who he is as Clark is. And by not giving Lois that side of him then yes, Clark is only giving Lois half of himself.
      Last edited by morrigan01; 04-23-2010, 08:13 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Comment

She needs to be in love with the Blur because its her infatuation with him that causes her to figure out who she really loves. They're making an attempt to line up the story we all know....this love triangle between Her/Clark/Blur(Superman).

Comment

The problem is he is ONLY OFFERING 1/2 OF HIMSELF!

Sorry, 1/2 of a person just won't do.

If you love someone, would you only offer 1/2 f yourself? Come on.
          Disagree...Clark offered himself, wanting assurance that he alone, Clark Kent in her life as he is, was "enough" for her. What he got? No response. Zip, zilch, nothing, nada.
          He was seeking that assurance because on the phone w/ her as the Blur Lois stated that her shennanigans w/ the Blur was the 'most important part of her life'---sadly stunning him. Lois then drove her point home when she couldn't respond to him on the rooftop if he was "enough" for her.

Comment

Originally posted by morrigan01
            So you're saying half of Clark shouldn't be enough for her? That she shouldn't want the whole person and should settle for half of a relationship with him?

No person, IMO, should settle for half of a person. Especially when it's someone they love. That goes for Lois and Clark. JMO.

----- Added 2 Minutes later -----

No, no wrong. That was on Lois & Clark: The New Adventures of Superman.

On Smallville, the Blur is just as real a person - as real a person - as Clark himself. The Blur isn't what Clark can just do - and he never was, especially when it came to calling Lois as the Blur.

Clark could never give up being The Blur because it's just as real a part of who he is as Clark is. And by not giving Lois that side of him then yes, Clark is only giving Lois half of himself.

That is so true. I don't understand why Lois should be happy with only 1/2 of Clark. It makes no sense to me at all.

----- Added 1 Minutes later -----

Originally posted by melissan02
            Disagree...Clark offered himself, wanting assurance that he alone, Clark Kent in her life as he is, was "enough" for her. What he got? No response. Zip, zilch, nothing, nada.
            He was seeking that assurance because on the phone w/ her as the Blur Lois stated that her shennanigans w/ the Blur was the 'most important part of her life'---sadly stunning him. Lois then drove her point home when she couldn't respond to him on the rooftop if he was "enough" for her.

NO he didn't. He offered 1/2 of his life..the reporter, the human side.

He did not want her to deal with his other 1/2...the Kryptonian, the powers, his hero side.

And that is wrong. He cannot expect her to just be happy with 1/2 of him. He only offered the human side of Clark Kent.
            Last edited by abbaspice1; 04-23-2010, 08:17 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Comment

I dunno if she is in love with the blur but I know I am.

Comment

That is so true. I don't understand why Lois should be happy with only 1/2 of Clark. It makes no sense to me at all.
                Because people don't understand that Clark alone isn't all of who Clark is. Not anymore, if he ever was.

Really, it isn't only Lois who people think should settle for the just-Clark side of Clark. By cutting off his Blur side from her, Clark is denying himself a full connection to Lois too. It works both ways. Because Clark could never be happy giving up being the Blur, but he also didn't look happy to be cutting off the Blur side of himself from Lois.

And Clark would, in no way now, just be satisfied with having a romantic relationship with Lois and that's it. That's not going to work either IMO, and I really think he's in denial about that at the moment.

Comment

Originally posted by darkphoenix21
                  She needs to be in love with the Blur because its her infatuation with him that causes her to figure out who she really loves. They're making an attempt to line up the story we all know....this love triangle between Her/Clark/Blur(Superman).
                  Sorry, but what I saw tonight isn't the iconic triangle-for-two that this legendary love is made of...not-at-all!
                  Too angsty... *sighs* ...and here I thought Clois wouldn't have that in quite the same manner that...well, Clana did.

Comment

I took it to mean she loves the Blur but she's not in love with him. She kept telling Clark it was different than what she feels for him.

If it turns out to be this way, it will be a cool twist in the world of Smallville.

Comment

Originally posted by morrigan01

after 5 years lois should be able to love clark for clark if thats whats hes offering just now, right now lois feels clarks himself isnt enough for her

Comment

I think she have a star-struck idolization with him.

Comment

after 5 years lois should be able to love clark for clark if thats whats hes offering just now, right now lois feels clarks himself isnt enough for her
                          But that isn't the case. Clark isn't offering Clark...he is offering a shadow of himself.

And they have not been together for 5 years.

She has already proven she loves the human side of him. But he needs to offer ALL of himself.

As it should be.

Comment

Lois can't just love Clark for Clark because Clark isn't just "Clark." In Hex, Clark tried out just being "Clark" for the day and it wasn't enough for him, in the end. If Clark isn't enough for Clark, how can Clark be enough for Lois?

Comment

Originally posted by Tebow15
                              you're right, but it just made it seem like she loved the Blur more than Clark and it broke my heart.
                              I don't think she loves the Blur more than Clark, but I do believe that she loves both sides of him. And there is also something to consider here, Lois lost two things that were very important to her in this episode: her job, that she had always considered as her life, and her relationship with the Blur, something she was embracing as her calling. She was under the effect of her pain and loss on that scene.

It is heartbreaking because we know that Lois doesn't need to be torn. We know that, even if she realizes that she loved Clark and the Blur, she would be realizing that she loves all of him. She is being forced into a choice she didn't have to make, because she doesn't know the truth.

I feel for Clark, I really do. But, sometimes what you want is not what you need, if you know what I mean. SV has made clear that Clark is both Clark and the Blur. This whole season has been about he realized that being a Kryptonian is part of who he is, and, because he is unable to accept this fact, he never got to fly. And, because Clark rejects that part of him, he wants to be loved for the human part of him, when he needs to be loved both as human and Kryptonian. He never once experienced that in his life. He has always known people loving him as Clark, and later, finding out the truth and accepting his Kryptonian side. But what Clark truly needs is someone that loves the Kryptonian and the Human.

This is not LnC. LnC went out of the way to sell the idea that Clark is only a human with powers that happened to be born in another planet. SV has shown us a Clark that has human traits, because he was raised by humans, but who has never truly fit in the world, because he wasn't human either. His Kryptonian heritage impacts on him in much more than just having powers. His mind works differently, he has some kind of Kryptonian intuition, whatever this is, he has this whole cold side that is part of his Kryptonian personality, according to the producers. It goes beyond the powers, it is a part of who he is. So, if we go by what the show tells us, and we accept that his Kryptonian side is as much part of him as Clark is, can we truly expect Lois to only love one side of him? Is it true love, if it is only given to one half?

Comment

i loved that part where clark tells lois that he does understand. it was exactly like the episode last season when clark tells lois the truth and goes back in time to not tell her again. lois says it then "why should i think i am special?(that clark would tell her his secret after he goes back in time) i understand!"

it was the exact same thing clark was thinking at the end of the current episode. lois finds blur special and clark is hurt by it.
                                Last edited by mayumi; 04-23-2010, 08:33 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎