Is Lois in love with the Blur?

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by melissan02
    Very true, I'll say.

I'm just disappointed in Lois' no response to the man whom she'd previously been contemplating using the 'L' word with to Chloe...and all the guy wanted was assurance that he (Clark) was "enough" for her.
    But Clark alone shouldn't be enough. Because Clark without the Blur is only half of Clark.

The Blur isn't a fake person. He's the hero side of Clark. He's the part of Clark that's up all night and goes out and saves people. That's not a fake person doing that, that is Clark who is doing that.

And that's also the part of Clark that called Lois over a year ago as The Blur. And that is the part of Clark that just said he would stop calling her now.

Right now, without the Blur, Clark is only giving Lois half of himself. Because Clark would, and could, never stop being the guy who stays up all night helping people. That's The Blur. That's Clark. Is not any more or less real than the guy who was working side by side with Lois at the DP and the guy in the suit and tie in that final scene on the roof.

Comment

Originally posted by A Flawed Fashion
      I completely agree that Lois has serious feelings for the Blur, but I just think that it is because she is Clark's soulmate. I don't think it is a problem that Lois thinks they are two people because I still feel they are writing Clark and Lois to be a more mystical kind of Soulmates that runs very deep. It goes deeper than what either of them realize. So, Lois would have a connection to Clark in whatever form he takes without ever knowing why. If there was a third alter ego for Clark, she would have feelings for that one too. It's a deep mystical kind of soulmates love that can't really be explained. It's the world of comic book romance.

I'm cool with any feelings Lois has for the Blur as long as they don't transfer over to Zod. She's in love with both halves of Clark and her feelings for The Blur are for Clark not Zod. Anyway, that's another conversation.
      I agree with you.
      I was just talking about on the forefront without the deeper meaning
      But yeah, when it comes to soulmates with clois I agree with you. They are the type of love that will always find each other no matter what the conflict is. But yeah over all we are on the same page, i think.

Comment

Originally posted by redeem147
        She can't really be 'in love' with someone she doesn't know. The most it could be is infatuation. I think she loves him, in the sense that he's a hero and she thinks he gives her life great meaning. She loves her life with him in it. And she doesn't get that from Clark.
        I think she's in love with the idea of the Blur. She feels needed. Everyone's bailed on her except Clark and the Blur. Even when Clark was undecided between Lois and Lana, Lois banked on the Blur. Gave her life purpose.

I say she's in love with Clark and deep down knows he's the Blur. She already stated she is putting him on the hero pedestal. I don't think she's really separating the two. At the end, as the scene was about to show, she was seeing Clark as the Blur.

I'm not making sense, am I?

Comment

Originally posted by skatiefan608
          I think she's in love with the idea of the Blur. She feels needed. Everyone's bailed on her except Clark and the Blur. Even when Clark was undecided between Lois and Lana, Lois banked on the Blur. Gave her life purpose.

I say she's in love with Clark and deep down knows he's the Blur. She already stated she is putting him on the hero pedestal. I don't think she's really separating the two. At the end, as the scene was about to show, she was seeing Clark as the Blur.

I'm not making sense, am I?
          Actually you are. I feel pretty much the same way.

Comment

i say its both myself.

Comment

Originally posted by morrigan01
              But Clark alone shouldn't be enough. Because Clark without the Blur is only half of Clark.

The Blur isn't a fake person. He's the hero side of Clark. He's the part of Clark that's up all night and goes out and saves people. That's not a fake person doing that, that is Clark who is doing that.

And that's also the part of Clark that called Lois over a year ago as The Blur. And that is the part of Clark that just said he would stop calling her now.

Right now, without the Blur, Clark is only giving Lois half of himself. Because Clark would, and could, never stop being the guy who stays up all night helping people. That's The Blur. That's Clark. Is not any more or less real than the guy who was working side by side with Lois at the DP and the guy in the suit and tie in that final scene on the roof.
              it doesnt matter how much of clark shes getting whethere its the blur or regular BF clark, if she says to the blur her life isnt important that includes her BF clark, clark then as clark doesnt get a reply to reassure him of regular BF clarks importance to lois well

it shows that regular clark HALF of him isnt enough for her, and right now she shouldnt learn the secret till she knows! clark alone is important to her

Comment

See this is a major reason why I think Clark should just tell her his secret. I see no reason for him not to anymore. Lois will get in trouble regardless if she knows or not. And the whole messy Blur/Clark thing would be better.

Comment

Definately in Lust!!!

Comment

I think she loves who she is when she is working "with" him. I think she admires, respects and adores what he does.

Comment

Originally posted by pizzahead2490
                      See this is a major reason why I think Clark should just tell her his secret. I see no reason for him not to anymore. Lois will get in trouble regardless if she knows or not. And the whole messy Blur/Clark thing would be better.
                      Agreed. My biggest problem with this episode is how much they have proven that Lois needs to know Clark's secret, but Clark just gets increasingly insistent that she can't know. Instead, he should be starting to consider telling her. Even if he isn't quite ready he should be heading in the direction of telling her rather than moving away from it.

Comment

Originally posted by kristintaps
                        I think she loves who she is when she is working "with" him. I think she admires, respects and adores what he does.
                        I think she loves that part of her life more, obviously (and unfortunately)...which is why she didn't respond to Clark on the rooftop when he was seeking assurance that he alone(Clark) in her life was "enough" for her!
                        Last edited by melissan02; 04-23-2010, 07:37 PM.

Comment

Why should Lois be happy with only 1/2 of Clark?

Let's remember folks, Clark wasn't happy with only HALF of his life? Remember all those years he only wanted a normal life?

And now, he finally admits, he needs more. He is more.

And yet, he wants Lois to be happy and satisfied with only 1/2 of him?

That makes NO sense whatsoever!

If he couldn't be happy or fulfilled with living a 'normal' life, being a 'normal' person, why should she?

Comment

Originally posted by abbaspice1
                            Why should Lois be happy with only 1/2 of Clark?

Let's remember folks, Clark wasn't happy with only HALF of his life? Remember all those years he only wanted a normal life?

And now, he finally admits, he needs more. He is more.

And yet, he wants Lois to be happy and satisfied with only 1/2 of him?

That makes NO sense whatsoever!

If he couldn't be happy or fulfilled with living a 'normal' life, being a 'normal' person, why should she?
                            you think clark knowing clark alone isnt enough but would be if she knew he was both, but learning both are the same only means she views 1/2 of clark is important to love care about him, how would you feel if sum1 you loved didnt feel you were important

Comment

Originally posted by SV'S_immortal_hero
                              you think clark knowing clark alone isnt enough but would be if she knew he was both, but learning both are the same only means she views 1/2 of clark is important to love care about him, how would you feel if sum1 you loved didnt feel you were important

The problem is he is ONLY OFFERING 1/2 OF HIMSELF!

Sorry, 1/2 of a person just won't do.

If you love someone, would you only offer 1/2 f yourself? Come on.

Comment

Originally posted by abbaspice1
                                The problem is he is ONLY OFFERING 1/2 OF HIMSELF!

Sorry, 1/2 of a person just won't do.

If you love someone, would you only offer 1/2 f yourself? Come on.
                                I agree

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎