Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

They did not just do that!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by amberdawn
    ita.

color me heartless but a piece of me has been dying to see clark crushed by lois since second half of season 8. Evil side fullfilled!

BUT WHAT SUCKS IS THAT LANA WANTED TO KNOW AND LOIS DOESNT HE GETS SCREWED BOTH WAYS!

Comment

Originally posted by Tebow15
      I am totally gutted right now.
      No...Clark is.

Comment

Originally posted by skully
        Really thought Clark might use the "L" word in that final scene.
        I thought so too, there was such a build up, good music selection, and then it went black... UGH!

Comment

Well - what can be said. Clark never has been - never will be enough for Lois because she belongs with Superman. 1) Cutting Lois off from Superman does not last. 2) In some shows she suspects Clark is Superman in some shows there is the triangle eventual resolved and in some she has no relationship with Clark at all. He is a nice goof. Mild mannered reporter - constantly criticized by Lois because he isn't more like Superman and is frequently accused of being jealous.

You insert Lois into the story too early and this is what happens. I hate to pee on the parade but they have a mess to deal with in this situation.

Comment

Originally posted by doodie8808
            color me heartless but a piece of me has been dying to see clark crushed by lois since second half of season 8. Evil side fullfilled!
            *little voice* yeah..me too..kinda...

I'm not done fully processing this episode yet, but all I can say is this was my emotional journey-

It as a really emotionally draining episode...I still don't know how i feel about it...

Comment

They can't torture us for another 25 episodes right?
              Yes, they can [cries]

Comment

Originally posted by melissan02
                I missed nothing. And I certainly didn't miss Lois' 'no-response' when the man standing before her wanted assurance that he was "enough" for her. Her life includes Clark at the moment, but she basically implied that her life (or "higher calling") w/ the Blur is more to her than anything...or anyone else...which led to her 'no-response', thus gutting Clark!
                if anyone asked Clark right now, if being with Lois is enough for him, would he answer yes? would (future)Superman be okay with romantic relationship only, when he could be helping people? Would his life be fulfilled?

Comment

Even though I am upset with that last scene I keep telling myself it's ok cause Clois is destiny anywaysThose two will love each other like no other.

I guess this is just a bump in the road in their relationship. Well more like a gigantic bump. But that doesn't mean I didn't cry at the end. Oh Smallville the things you do to me *sniff*

My heart broke for Clark there. I just wanted to grab him and hug him and tell him "It's ok Clark, I love you"

But this helps:

Originally posted by Sarevokcz
                  you obviously completely missed the point, that her connection to the Blur wasnt romantic one, but "higher calling", she could help people by helping the Blur. It paralleled, IMO, Clarks stance very well, because just like Lois, he HAS higher calling and is helping tons of people, he would never be happy now if he had to choose only one side of his life.

Comment

Most likely Clark and Lois will breakup at the end of the season, only to get that romantic, sexually tension back. They then will get together again in Season 10 (last episode or half way through).

Comment

I don't know this for a fact. But if I have to predict. Next week is the final Lois Lane-less episode. So we will have to wait two weeks for the continuation of this story.

Comment

Originally posted by individuall
                        *little voice* yeah..me too..kinda...

I'm not done fully processing this episode yet, but all I can say is this was my emotional journey-

It as a really emotionally draining episode...I still don't know how i feel about it...

Wow, talking about a picture (or pictures)painting a thousand words. However, I still thought this was the most incredibly heartbreaking, emotive, absorbing and compelling episode. Lois' conflict perfectly mirrors the struggle and burden Clark contends with on a daily basis. Her need to fulfill a greater calling versus her own human needs. This is the mirror into Clark's conscience and this is the struggle that makes him the Hero.

I think we all need to take comfort and be assured that in order for Clark to accept the symbiosis of his Kandorian self and his human one, he must also accept that the loss of Lois is the absolute loss --he cannot do without her (she is referred to as his Sun). I think this will be the reason that he will confess to her his secret and this will result in him fulfilling his true potential!
                        I just hope we do not have to wait another 20 episodes....
                        Last edited by u2rocks2009; 04-23-2010, 08:12 PM. Reason: grammatical

Comment

^^ Damn. There better be a preview because I don't want to dream about this every night.

In DC Comics, does Lois only feel love for Superman or is it equal love for both Clark and Superman? I don't remember. I guess I watched too many variations like LnC TNAS...

Comment

Originally posted by uncaged
                            The triangle for two is officially here and it feels much more real than I thought they could manage. I love that it's not about choosing which side like it was in LnC. In most other incarnations Superman maintains contact with Lois, but here Clark is putting himself on the line by taking away the Blur and offering her only one choice and seeing whether she'll take it or leave it. Clark didn't even try to hide the fact that he knew about sacrifices for the greater good and I felt that he was as much the Blur as he was Clark in that scene.

Even though I can understand how Lois' hesitancy might put her in a bad light for some, I respectively disagree. To me Lois is being honest with herself and with Clark that she is aware of something that she wants from her partner that she's experienced that she won't be happy going without. This is much different from Clark and Lana who tried to mold each other to fit the ideas that they wanted. Lois sees Clark and respects him for who and what he is, but she knows that the Clark Kent that she knows can't offer her everything that made her feel as special and she honestly has to weigh the options of whether that's enough. I respect her more for not lying to him and smiling it away only to look conflicted when his back is turned. It was a great scene and I can't wait for next week. Why can't more episodes be like this. This was great.
                            QFT

Comment

Originally posted by abbaspice1
                              ITA!

Lois is serious about Clark...so serious that she wants to be honest with him! The Blur made her feel 'more.' I love how TPTB used the word 'calling', because folks, that is so true. Lois is wondering is her calling just be in in a normal relationship with a normal guy, and have a normal life....as normal as Lois Lane can get LOL!

Or, should she follow her calling, being there for the Blur, helping him, sacrificing something normal and real for something extraordinary.
                              ITA with this and with Uncaged's quote. Excellent posts.

Comment

Originally posted by skatiefan608
                                ^^ Damn. There better be a preview because I don't want to dream about this every night.

In DC Comics, does Lois only feel love for Superman or is it equal love for both Clark and Superman? I don't remember. I guess I watched too many variations like LnC TNAS...
                                In the modern comics she fell in love with Clark and has a crush on Superman that just turned into an unwavering loyalty to him, before Clark finally told her the truth.

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎