Collapse
No announcement yet.

Is martha RED Queen

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I don't know about you, but if I felt some group was a threat to my child and I had the political, financial, and/or social clout to do something about it, I would in a heartbeat. I know Martha and Jonathan raised Clark with certain morals, but who says Martha broke with any of those morals with any of her actions until now (assuming she is indeed the Red Queen)?

If we assume certain happenings were the result of the Red Queen's influence, what has she done so far?

-Recruited John Jones: considering Jones is a good guy and an ally of Clark, this really wouldn't be against Martha's morals

-Ordered Jones to destroy the blood at the Checkmate castle: The blood could potentially lead Checkmate to Clark, something I'm sure Martha would want to prevent. Amoral? Not really, considering destruction of evidence and lying to police to protect Clark's secret were acceptable courses of action in past seasons.

-Captured Maxwell Lord: Lord is an agent of Checkmate and is closing in on Clark's identity, once again something Martha would like to prevent. We have no clue what she plans to do with Lord at the moment so we have no idea if Martha will break with her morals to protect Clark. If the writers have any sense at all, she won't.

To those of you saying Martha would never hire mercenaries, I say that she doesn't have to. She has entire divisions of armed men readily available to her. They're called the Secret Service, FBI, CIA and military. All she needs to do is give the order to apprehend the terrorist/criminal/rogue agent/whatever Maxwell Lord, and these guys will take care of it.

Also, has anyone other than a Checkmate agent said that Checkmate is a government agency? I honestly can't remember. But if not, then who knows if Checkmate really is a government agency? I'm not too familiar with Checkmate's role in the comics, so government association could very well be canon for all I know. But even so, this is Smallville. Checkmate could have easily gone rogue if it suits the needs of the Powers That Be.

Comment

• Blacklotus, I like your assessment and case for Martha being the Red Queen... its quite possible. In the Comics checkmate is a government agency, and in "Checkmate" Waller didn't explicitly said it yet the implication of some of dialogue indicates it is. Also the fact that they can just bail people of of jail and take them off the grid completely is a nice indicator of government connection. Also, though Smallville has mixed and matched when it comes to the comics before they stay basically true to the mythos so just based on that I would assume Checkmate is a government agency.

Comment

• How about Alicia Baker? I'm sure Sarah Carter is available and it's what 90% of the male Smallville audience would want.

But seriously, I'm thinking it's Martha.

Comment

• Given that Martha is a redhead and that she's usually shown wearing red sweaters/ dresses during the early seasons of SV, there's no doubt in my mind that she IS the Red Queen.

Comment

• Yeah Martha is the red queen just saw the preview for next weeks and what she was wearing in the preview points to her being the red queen. That's why the red bishop was left there in the checkmate headquarters finally making sense but is this good or bad that they made martha part of checkmate or the counterpart of checkmate?

Comment

• I was confused about the piece looking like a bishop. But I guess if J'onn was the one who put it there, that would make him a Red Bishop, working for the Red Queen, so that makes sense. And yeah, I saw Martha's new look all over that trailer.

I don't really have a "moral" problem with it. But the spy-mom vibe makes me a tad uncomfy because it's one more example of Smallville "supeing up" pretty much everybody in Clark's life, developing them into action characters not all of them were meant to be. Prometheus Lana still leaves a bad enough taste. One almost expects the entire cast of the show to start flying over Clark's head, scolding him to pick up the pace.

Comment

• What is Martha's connection with Checkmate if any?

Who is assisting her with her stuff.

Comment

• Yup , a lil late to reply right heh

Comment

Working...
                  X
                  😀
                  🥰
                  🤢
                  😎
                  😡
                  👍