Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Gabriel's powers weaker after leaving Heaven?

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Gabriel's powers weaker after leaving Heaven?

I'm wondering if Gabriel was weakened as a result of being on Earth for so long or if he was somehow cut off from Heaven like Castiel & Anna but was much stronger than them because he was after all an archangel.

If he was cut off from Heaven, then maybe it explains why none of his brothers could find him after all those years of being on Earth. I'm divided on this because part of me thinks he had his full mojo because he could time travel, resurrect Dean after killing him a 1000 times, and completely warp reality, but another part of me thinks he was weaker than he should have been seeing how easily he was killed by Lucifer, whereas Michael & Lucifer are supposed to have a long battle that would destroy most of the world. That seemed too much of a 1-sided battle, which shouldn't happen IMO with an archangel vs. archangel fight, especially when one of them was in a meatsuit that was burning up while the one who was killed appeared pretty damn healthy.

I also wonder if he resurrected the various people he killed in episodes like Tall Tales & Changing Channels and many others he killed over the years as a way of living up to his changed stance on humans.

I don't know. I think Lucifer was just too hyped after killing all of those Pagan Gods. Trickster, on the other hand, hasn't done much fighting in a while and only has used his 'Trickster'-like powers against humans, and that's a trick he even tried to pull on Lucifer, but got ganked. I do know that he didn't seem to have given up his Grace though, as his death was a death of an angel, so he seemed to have his powers, but obviously just not as powerful enough.

Did anyone notice that Gabriel's wings were much smaller than anyother angel's wings when they die? Or is it just to save up on money to have made the wings smaller than how they were portrayed last season?

Comment

Originally posted by Call_Me_Ishmael
      I don't know. I think Lucifer was just too hyped after killing all of those Pagan Gods. Trickster, on the other hand, hasn't done much fighting in a while and only has used his 'Trickster'-like powers against humans, and that's a trick he even tried to pull on Lucifer, but got ganked. I do know that he didn't seem to have given up his Grace though, as his death was a death of an angel, so he seemed to have his powers, but obviously just not as powerful enough.

Did anyone notice that Gabriel's wings were much smaller than anyother angel's wings when they die? Or is it just to save up on money to have made the wings smaller than how they were portrayed last season?
      I did realize that about his wings. I was expecting to see many more sets of wings & was surprised when I didn't.

I think there are 2 ways of angels losing their powers. There is falling, like Anna did, where they lose their Grace but can still hear angels talking while having knowledge of their past lives. Then there's being cut off from Heaven, which happened to Castiel & even Anna after she broke loose in The Song Remains The Same. Castiel has his Grace, can time travel, teleport & heal himself, but can't heal, resurrect humans, travel to hell to free human souls, or time travel without being severely weakened (as seen by when he time traveled in In The Beginning where he was up & about and talking to Dean vs. when he time traveled in The Song Remains The Same where he was comatose).

I think it was a combination of him not being used to dealing with archangels after using his tricks on humans for so long and of being at least partially cut off from Heaven given the size & number of the wings seen after his death. And I think another sign of the latter (being cut off from Heaven to a degree) is how Michael will likely not be shown being angry about Gabriel's death due to him being the one who cut Gabriel off.

Comment

Working...
      X
      😀
      🥰
      🤢
      😎
      😡
      👍
      👎