No announcement yet.

Reverse sequence of Jor-El at the farmhouse

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Reverse sequence of Jor-El at the farmhouse

Series of cropped screencaps of the tape Chloe was rewinding on screen at Watchtower in the 2nd last scene of the episode. In the order I've posted (the reverse of what Chloe was rewinding), it shows Jor-El handling and placing the octagonal disk with the House of El badge indentation [SPOILER](the Book of Rao?)[/SPOILER] into the vent.

I am posting it here because the Spoiler Forum has image code turned off (so the images only show as links). xrayvision has an excellent theory regarding this and other matters and this sequence maybe plays a part.

Last edited by skully; 04-22-2010, 03:27 AM.

Woah thanks for this skully!

Comment

Pleasure, cara.

Now where is the disk? Still in the vent, or does someone else have it?

Comment

Maybe Chloe has it??? But then not telling Clark about it is really something I'm not okay with.

I had come to the conclusion that he was retrieving that stuff form the vent though... because it made no sense for him to be hiding that on the Kent farm... Why would he have done that if he didn't know about Clark?? hmmm.....

Comment

I think it is still in the vent and when Chloe and Clark finally decide to share things with each other, they will find it there.

Comment

Indeed. This sequence seems to not make a great deal of sense. Taking it out of the vent would seem more likely but the sequence is what it is. He is holding the disk then seems to put it in the vent and walk off. Remember I have posted the clips in the reverse order that I captured them (opposite direction of the Chloe rewind), starting with the last clip we saw, that of Jor-El holding the disk. So he was holding it then put it in the vent. Unless Chloe missed a bit more rewind that had him take the disk out first then put it back, but he was clearly placing the disk in the vent.

Check xray's theory in the Spoiler Theories forum.

----- Added 33 Seconds later -----

Originally posted by Pali
            I think it is still in the vent and when Chloe and Clark finally decide to share things with each other, they will find it there.
            Quite possibly, Pali.
            Last edited by skully; 04-22-2010, 04:24 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Comment

I'm pretty sure there is a moment in the "Reverse" sequence when he opens the vent, THEN takes out the package and sets it on the floor. I could be wrong but I still believe he removed it.

Comment

I'd like to think that too, SVF, but the first image (the one showing the disk) in my sequence is the first image in the forward motion version (we don't see any forward motion in the epi, just Chloe rewinding, then stopping and exploding the first clip I have shown). So he has it in his hand and then the rest of the scene unfolds. We never see images of earlier than him holding the disk.

The sequence starts with the disk in his hand and the vent open, then he puts the disk in something (perhaps a bag or envelope or it is something else that he put in the vent with the disk) then puts it in the vent then closes the vent, gets up and walks off.
                Last edited by skully; 04-22-2010, 12:56 PM.

Comment

I guess one possibility is that he doesn't put the disk in the vent but keeps it in his hand (having already retrieved it - something we don't see him doing). Perhaps he is putting back what ever the disk was in.

Just trying to keep all aspects of xray's theory alive.

But from the evidence we have it certainly appears that he puts the disk in the vent, and it is either still there or someone (most likely Chloe) has it.

Comment

According to me this sequence will be perfect and will also work with giving any error.

Comment

Working...
                    X
                    😀
                    🥰
                    🤢
                    😎
                    😡
                    👍
                    👎