Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Human emotions turns a lizard into a human?

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Human emotions turns a lizard into a human?

there was a line in We Can't Win where Joshua tells another 5th columnist that he has a feeling that Lisa is more human than visitor due to her high emotion score in the test. i don't understand this. how can Lisa be human simply due to her emotion level? She's still green and scales underneath? i'm not sure about this story line.
    In the first episodes when Lisa was courting Tyler, Anna claimed that this was Lisa's destiny. But what is that? is it a marriage btwn human and visitor? is it a baby? can't be that b/c a intergalactic child is considered a mongrel by Anna's standards.
    Over all liked the episode and like the way the show ended.
    Also, this episode was chock full of political symbolism which I enjoy.
    Can't wait til Heretic's Fork!
    NYM

Hmm. Mongrel because the Ryal child wasn't conceived by her mating standards?

Comment

I think Joshua simply meant that Lisa was acting more like a typical human than a typical V, not that she was physically changing in any way. As for her plans for Tyler, I have absolutely no clue.

Comment

Originally posted by Meteror Freak
        I think Joshua simply meant that Lisa was acting more like a typical human than a typical V, not that she was physically changing in any way. As for her plans for Tyler, I have absolutely no clue.
        I'm pretty sure the direct quote was "I always knew she was human" something to that effect. I taped the show, I've gotta go back and check the quote.

Comment

I agree with Meteror Freak it was a metaphor to suggest that Lisa is actually showing emotion. She's becoming human with all that comes with it. These Vs don't seem to show emotion, they're very controlled.

Comment

Originally posted by Meteror Freak
            I think Joshua simply meant that Lisa was acting more like a typical human than a typical V, not that she was physically changing in any way.
            This.

Comment

Originally posted by darkphoenix21
              I agree with Meteror Freak it was a metaphor to suggest that Lisa is actually showing emotion. She's becoming human with all that comes with it. These Vs don't seem to show emotion, they're very controlled.
              I agree they're controlled but how does human emotion make an alien being or reptile humanoid a human being? Sorry I'm obsessed with the minutia. Here's the quote "i've known Lisa her whole life she seems human. she's changing like we did". so do they just forget their green underneath?

Comment

Being "human" is about more than biology. Clark Kent is very "human" in most ways, in spite of his alien genes. I think that was what they meant was happening to Lisa.

Comment

Being human is not just a biological/physical trait.

It's the feelings, emotions and behavior.

For example monkeys sometimes exhibit human traits such as family, love and care for their young and social interactions etc. They are not humans but exhibit human traits.

Disclaimer: Human is a typical human. There are humans without emotions, one of my aunts for example

Comment

I have only heard good traits as being human.
                    Greed, corruption, selfishness, and pride are also human traits.
                    They're actually more prevalent in the human race.
                    I wouldn't want to be poisoned by humanity either if I were
                    a Visitor.

Comment

Originally posted by John May
                      Being human is not just a biological/physical trait.

It's the feelings, emotions and behavior.

For example monkeys sometimes exhibit human traits such as family, love and care for their young and social interactions etc. They are not humans but exhibit human traits.

Disclaimer: Human is a typical human. There are humans without emotions, one of my aunts for example
                      LOL. yes my former mother in law fits that category as well.

Comment

Originally posted by newyorkmothership
                        LOL. yes my former mother in law fits that category as well.

Comment

If you live that long looking like a human and feeling the way humans do.
                          I guess some may consider themselfs human.
                          It's an emotional changing, not literally becoming human beings

Comment

Originally posted by newyorkmothership
                            I agree they're controlled but how does human emotion make an alien being or reptile humanoid a human being? Sorry I'm obsessed with the minutia. Here's the quote "i've known Lisa her whole life she seems human. she's changing like we did". so do they just forget their green underneath?
                            It may be that there is some genetic alteration going on.

Further, maybe that alteration is triggered by emotional activity. When that emotional activity is 'human-like' then perhaps the cloned human flesh they wear reacts in a way that increases the human genetic influence on the body as a whole, physically and mentally.

Maybe it was Ryan's love that enabled him to impregnate Valerie?

Comment

Well, the emotions do affect them.
                              At least love does to the point to sever Anna's control over them, gives them free will in a way.
                              They feel love, and bliss no longer affects them, it disconnects them

Comment

Working...
                              X
                              😀
                              🥰
                              🤢
                              😎
                              😡
                              👍
                              👎