Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Alia, Brainiac & his end game, and the Book of Rao (theory, no spoilers please)

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by xrayvision
    I don't know if the showrunners know what they set up or if they did it by accident, but that's what all the evidence points to.

----- Added 4 Minutes later -----

Concidering Brainiac is actually a sexless machine that likes to play head games with humans................could he have been the one that left the "Red Queen"??? He might even have tipped off Waller about Clark Kent.
    Last edited by jpfort1957; 04-22-2010, 07:39 PM.

Comment

Something tells me the Red Queen is something/someone else, but I guess we'll have to see.

Comment

Another thing I should have brought up is how Tess mentioned the voice of the orb to Zod and how they showed Zod somewhat insecure or not in control because he didn't know about the voice & whose it was.

It would fall right in with the part of my theory regarding Brainiac taking control of the orb during the events of Beast & Injustice. This is still an unresolved part of the plot, and I hope we get some anwers sooner than later & hope it turns out to be Brainiac since it all makes sense.

----- Added 6 Minutes later -----

Also, during the Clark-Alia fight in Savior, Alia did some sort of a backflip after Clark kicked her and they used a sound effect to make it seem like she used some (very) short ranged flight. Alia being Brainiac is the only way she could have done that in the presence of blue-k.
        Last edited by xrayvision; 04-25-2010, 05:30 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Comment

The voice of the orb maybe be resolved later (S10) than sooner.

Yes, I was wondering about that Alia backflip for a while. I just thought she was a Kryptonian hybird or something that was going to be addressed later in the season. But after they killed her off, I thought the writers decided to change the storyline midstream and go in another direction leaving a big unexplained plothole.

Could a uncorrupted Brainiak be posing as the Red Queen ? The MMH seems to be working for her ( or it ). I find it hard to believe that the MMH is working for an Earth base organization.

Comment

Originally posted by MrT
            The voice of the orb maybe be resolved later (S10) than sooner.

Yes, I was wondering about that Alia backflip for a while. I just thought she was a Kryptonian hybird or something that was going to be addressed later in the season. But after they killed her off, I thought the writers decided to change the storyline midstream and go in another direction leaving a big unexplained plothole.

Could a uncorrupted Brainiak be posing as the Red Queen ? The MMH seems to be working for her ( or it ). I find it hard to believe that the MMH is working for an Earth base organization.
            I used to think Alia was an uncorrupted prototype version of Brainiac in my original Brainiac theory about her, but now I think that the Alia in the original 2009 timeline (the one with the bad future seen in Pandora) along with the Alia in the altered timeline that was killed by Zod in Persuasion were both possessed by Brainiac, possibly even before the orb opened, and if not, immediately after it opened. And like the theory says, I think the one in the original timeline time traveled to the altered timeline (like we saw in Pandora & Savior) so that there were 2 Brainiacs in the current altered timeline. But the one that time traveled had time (1 year) to reconstruct Brainiac's own body & shapeshifted into Alia's form while the current timeline copy had remained in Alia because that copy did not have the full year to do the same as the one that time traveled. I think it's possible that the current timeline copy of Brainiac could have bolted from Alia before she was killed & burned in the funeral, but that doesn't matter since the one that time traveled would have had his own body, posed as Alia, and faked his/Alia's own death.

Anyway, it's too coincidental that the voice in the orb asked specifically for that black crystal, which was a part of Brainiac & probably the last source for Brainiac to return. And the high probability (based on logic) that the only source of any Brainiac that could have been released by the orb would be the black crystal makes me think that any copy/copies of Brainiac that could have been released are not uncorrupted, but the same old evil Brainiac.

I think you could be right about them waiting until season 10 to get back to resolving the voice of the orb. If the season 10 premiere is the episode where the Zod character will last appear, then my prediction is that it will be in that episode that Brainiac will show up & finally succeed in his primary mission to free General Zod, who will once & for all take over Major Zod's body & make it his own. Though he will probably be sent to the Phantom Zone, this time as a corporeal being rather than just a phantom. Or he could retreat to some other planet.

I noticed that the finale's title this season is Salvation. I didn't look & don't wish to look at or know/be told any spoilers, but my educated guess is that the title refers to Clark saving Zod. And if that happens, I predict Clark's triumph in saving Zod will be short lived because Brainiac will show up at just the wrong time to do what I laid out in the above paragraph.

Comment

Originally posted by xrayvision
              ----- Added 6 Minutes later -----

Also, during the Clark-Alia fight in Savior, Alia did some sort of a backflip after Clark kicked her and they used a sound effect to make it seem like she used some (very) short ranged flight. Alia being Brainiac is the only way she could have done that in the presence of blue-k.
              I had a few problems with that scene - if she was infected with Brainiac, and she was still able to do those kinds of flips, she would have easily crushed Clark, since the blue K just made him human.

Instead, she tried to hit him, and he stopped it with ease. Clark would never have been able to avoid the saw blade as a human, if a superhuman was throwing it.

The way they staged it was a bit sloppy IMO...

Comment

Originally posted by ClubXerxes
                I had a few problems with that scene - if she was infected with Brainiac, and she was still able to do those kinds of flips, she would have easily crushed Clark, since the blue K just made him human.

Instead, she tried to hit him, and he stopped it with ease. Clark would never have been able to avoid the saw blade as a human, if a superhuman was throwing it.

The way they staged it was a bit sloppy IMO...
                I get what you mean & I get the same feeling. But if you consider Brainiac's motives, which a big part of would be to find the Book of Rao, then he probably needed Clark to be alive because he knew that Jor-El made it to Earth & that Clark would find out & want to meet him, which would have given him a good chance at taking the Book of Rao if he kept a close eye on him. And posing as Alia & faking his death would throw Clark off his trail.

Another thing is how Alia said that line of ending the world to Clark. That never made sense to me until I considered that Brainiac-as-Alia said it purposely to put Clark & the Kandorians at odds because Brainiac would probably want Zod not getting too powerful so he could achieve his overall plan & get General Zod to possess him. Plus, that would serve as a major distraction to keep Brainiac off of Clark's radar. Also, I think Brainiac might have wanted Zod's body to be purified of the blue-k so he had powers under the yellow sun like a normal Kryptonian to not have to depend on the towers, especially since General Zod (Brainiac's end game) would likely destroy Earth & needed to have powers even with Earth's destruction, which would not happen if he had to depend on the towers to have powers.

Comment

So what happened to the Book of Rao in the Pandora time line. Shouldn't Brainiak been able to get it there ?
                  We know Clark did know about it.
                  He was probably too busy sulking in the FoS after not finding Lois.

Comment

Nice theory, but...

I've read a few good theories here about Zod not being evil. Unfortunately, the writers really screwed up. He killed a pregnant woman. Can't get much more evil than that. That was a mind blowing moment. No need for 'General Zod' to posses Major Zod and turn him evil.

Comment

He didn't know she was pregnant. Least not till after he killed what's her face for insubordination.
                      Last edited by Sufferlynx; 05-01-2010, 12:45 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by MrT
                        So what happened to the Book of Rao in the Pandora time line. Shouldn't Brainiak been able to get it there ?
                        We know Clark did know about it.
                        He was probably too busy sulking in the FoS after not finding Lois.
                        I don't think Clark ever found out about it. In fact, Clark in that timeline did not meet Jor-El, otherwise he would have tried to save Zod in that timeline too, which he didn't do. In that timeline he deserted his humanity, meaning he didn't go back to speaking to Chloe, which is what led him to Jor-El. The Clark in that timeline even said the last time he spoke to Chloe was before Jimmy was killed since Lois never returned to get Clark & Chloe together again.

----- Added 2 Minutes later -----

Originally posted by Zod_Guy
                        I've read a few good theories here about Zod not being evil. Unfortunately, the writers really screwed up. He killed a pregnant woman. Can't get much more evil than that. That was a mind blowing moment. No need for 'General Zod' to posses Major Zod and turn him evil.
                        Well, it's never too late for redemption even after the evil thing Zod did. They could do something like Return of the Jedi when Darth Vader saved Luke & was redeemed even after committing countless atrocities.
                        Last edited by xrayvision; 05-01-2010, 08:48 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Comment

Shouldn't Zod have the Book of Rao in the Pandora timeline? In the end Persuasion, didn't Zod say he needed the Book of Rao so he can use the solar towers to convert the yellow sun to red?
                          At least that's what I thought he said.

Comment

Originally posted by MrT
                            Shouldn't Zod have the Book of Rao in the Pandora timeline? In the end Persuasion, didn't Zod say he needed the Book of Rao so he can use the solar towers to convert the yellow sun to red?
                            At least that's what I thought he said.
                            You're probably right. That actually makes it logical for Brainiac to have reconstructed his body and time traveled back to 2009. If Brainiac wanted to take the Book of Rao in that timeline, he would have had to fight an entire army of powered Kandorians once the towers became functional. They would have never let him get it. Also in that timeline, Brainiac couldn't free General Zod from the Phantom Zone. So he couldn't achieve either of his objectives---freeing Zod & obtaining as much knowledge he could obtain. So it makes sense that he went back to a time before Zod got his hands on the Book of Rao so he could find it before Zod. And in the current timeline, he has Clark who he can trick into helping him without Clark even knowing since he isn't aware of Brainiac currently.

Comment

Another sign that this theory is true:

In Instinct we saw Tess getting a message from a mysterious person named X who stole the crystal that creates the Fortress of Solitude and left her a message saying "You're not ready yet". Whoever X was not only stole the crystal but reprogrammed it specifically to send Clark to the Phantom Zone. I read various posts saying that it was revealed on Twitter that Lex was X. But that's not possible because Lex doesn't know how to reprogram a Kryptonian crystal to send someone to the Phantom Zone.

The only one who knows how to do that is Brainiac, who was in Chloe at the time. What makes sense is if Chloe had a seizure of sorts & went into full on Brainiac mode & reprogrammed the crystal after stealing it. She (and therefore the copy of Brainiac inside of her) knew where to find the crystal since Tess showed it to her earlier in the episode.

And if this theory (about a final copy of Brainiac being activated in the Brainiac crystal after Clark inserted it in the FoS crystal console in Beast & projected his voice through the orb to send Tess on a mission to steal the Brainiac crystal from Clark) is correct, then then it validates why X told Tess in Instinct that she wasn't ready yet, and how later on in the season (in Beast) she was ready & he was executing his next & final plan to bring him back through her.

Comment

Yet another sign that this theory could be correct:

We never saw how the Fortress was repaired when Clark went to it in Savior or when he went to it for the 3 weeks that passed between Doomsday & Savior. He had no idea how to repair it earlier on in season 8, so why or how would that change?

Even though the Legion of Super Heroes took the copy of Brainiac that was in Chloe back to the 31st century with them, something was preventing the Fortress from going back online & running normally as we had seen when Clark & Davis were in it in Beast. My explanation for this is that the Brainiac-in-Chloe left several bits or pieces of data that were preventing the return of the Fortress's operation to normal. Those sets of data that prevented it from going back online remained even after that copy of Brainiac was taken to the future.

Then in Beast, Clark plugged in the final copy of Brainiac into the Fortress' console to try to send Davis to the Phantom Zone---the copy that had been dormant in the Brainiac crystal that had originally been used in Solitude. Plugging it into the console not only activated that dormant copy of Brainiac inside the crystal, but it also caused the Brainiac in the crystal to absorb the remaining data that was preventing the Fortress from going back online. Afterwards, Clark left the Fortress and the FoS slowly came back online while he was away from it, while the final copy of Brainiac had all the data & knowledge of what the copy inside Chloe was doing before being taken away to the 31st century. The copy inside Chloe was likely planning to use Tess & the crystal Brainiac continued with those plans & had Tess steal the crystal from Clark to allow it to be absorbed into the orb or penetrate itself into the orb after turning into oozing & covering it. This would also tie in by providing continuity in Brainiac's plan in posing as X in Instinct where he told Tess she wasn't ready & how later on Tess was ready & was the vehicle of Brainiac's plan. So what I'm explaining is that this would explain how the Fortress came back online and would tie the 2 Brainiacs' (the one in Chloe & the one in the crystal) plans involving Tess together.

This would have been between Beast and the time Clark went back to the FoS, which was after the events of Doomsday when he resumed his training. In that interim, they never showed the FoS, so it could have slowly returned to normal by itself after the corrupting data was removed thanks to the events seen in Beast & after it underwent a rebooting process like Brainiac was doing in season 7.

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎