No announcement yet.

Chloe chloroforming Lois

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by CK&CK
    Yeah, there really is a difference between KILLING SOMEONE, and putting SOMEONE TEMPORARILY TO SLEEP.......intentional or not.......but that would explain a lot about your train of thought.

If you can't see the difference here, then trying to explain it to you would be a waste of time.
    Except Lois didn't kill anyone. We know that for a fact, just like we know for a fact that Chloe chloroformed Lois. Other facts, Chloe caused harm on purpose and Lois caused minimal harm accidentally. Those are the key differences.

Comment

• Originally posted by Clois4eva89
      CK&CK your argument between what happened in the teaser,and what Chloe did.Can easily be picked apart your basicly trying to justify what Chloe did.Because of what happened in the teaser in Upgrade. To kill someone is intentional Lois didn't know that by kicking the worker. That he would accidentally knock over a canister triggering the explosion. This falls into the old 'the enemy falls onto their sword' scenario. Knowing the character of Lois if she had time to save anyone in the room she would have. She barely had a few seconds to react and the force of the explosion. Knocked her down into an elevator shaft which would've killed her if not for Metallo catching her.So if she had tried to get anyone up she would have no time. To make it out the door with them put yourself in that scenario.If you noticed an explosion about to happened would you stick around? Nope your survival instincts would kick in telling you to get outta there. Chloe on the other hand made the conscious choice to drug Lois.
      Feel free to pick apart the logic. Because that's all I'm doing.....LOOKING AT IT LOGICALLY. But if you really want to pick it apart, then disprove it....because just giving me your opinion won't disapprove it. On the flip side, I never claimed to be able to prove what I am saying about Chloe. I am simply looking at it logically based on who I believe the characters are and what the writters and directors are trying to convey. Not to mention how it appears to be playing itself out on the screen. As far as what happened in the scene with Lois at the beggining, the only thing I'm claiming as fact, is what ACTUALLY HAPPENED on screen.

If you really tried at all to read my post, and see where I'm coming from, then you'd realize that I pretty much look at Lois' situation in much the same way that you do. Except for the "enemy falls onto their sword" crap. Innocent Killing or Not....that's definitely not any kind of justification for what happened. In fact, that comment would seem to go against what your trying to convey about Lois. But it's laughable the way some on here are more concerned about someone intentionally putting someone to sleep, as opposed to someone accidently, even if totally, RECKLESSLY, putting lives at risk by EITHER (and I'm saying either just to be civil ) KILLING SOMEONE or at the very least SERIOUSLY INJURING SOMEONE. Which one of the two situations is more serious.......SERIOUSLY?

So quit stating the obvious, because we all know that one scenario was intentional, and one was not. But that doesn't change the fact that Lois' scenario did not play itself out well on screen. The guard was definitely still in the room when the cylinder went off. And Lois with a big head start, and who was already out of the room....still almost bit the dust.

I really wonder if you'd be giving Chloe the same benefit of the doubt if the shoe was on the other foot. My bet would probably be No.

----- Added 11 Minutes later -----

Originally posted by ginevrakent
      Except Lois didn't kill anyone. We know that for a fact, just like we know for a fact that Chloe chloroformed Lois. Other facts, Chloe caused harm on purpose and Lois caused minimal harm accidentally. Those are the key differences.
      Why is it fact? [that part in regards to Lois]. Because the writter told you so. (Did it ever occur to you that as the writter, he may have intended for that to happen.....but it doesn't mean that it did).

Look, This is the way I look at it:

If there's a difference of opinion between you and me, that's okay.

If there's a difference of opinion between you, me, and the writter. I'll go with the Writter everytime...(even if I don't agree with his take on it)....UNLESS

If it's between you, the writter, and my OWN EYES (not to mention being able to view the scene Frame by Slow Motion Frame).....Excuse me, but I'm going to BELIEVE MY OWN EYES!

It's laughable......the Guy was lying between Lois and the soon to be exploding cylinder, and the guy (which would mean, if he were running in the opposite direction, he's already one step short of the running head start that Lois got ), is only going to have minimal harm. But Chloe putting Lois to sleep......SLEEP...... is actual harm

Yeah, LOIS sure looked harmed in the following scene with Corben. Hummm....Lois looked pretty much like her spunky old self to me.

And the same goes for you. Quit stating the obvious about Intentional and Not Intentional. At least as a rebuttle to my comments. Because I clearly make a distinction between the two. The only difference is that you give the appearance of one who doesn't want to even entertain any thoughts that go Chloe's way on this. As such, I don't see why others aren't as justified in giving Lois the exact same benefit of the doubt that you and others are giving to Chloe.

*Hey, Post number 1000.....Woo-Hoo!
      Last edited by CK&CK; 04-22-2010, 02:26 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Comment

• Originally posted by pleasenoclois
        I think Lois is going to have some serious brain damage soon if all this keeps up.
        Hey, that part's been done as well: Complete amnesia on Lois and Clark, in order to stall off the wedding episode.

But it's all good. Clark can just rewind her back to normal as soon as he learns to fly backwards.

Comment

• Originally posted by CK&CK
          See post above. LOIS ABSOLUTELY DID KILL SOMEONE.....even if it was an accident, and the guy was standing right over the exploding cyclinder. Don't believe me....just read my first post above.
          Actually, she didn't, not only did Al Septien, a writer, say so, but I have photographic evidence that proves that by the time the explosion happens, they are about equdistant from the flames. There are 2 doorways on either side of the room, and if you watch the scene in HQ in slow motion, you can see the guy making it through the door way at the same time as Lois. Lois may be a foot or two ahead of him, but the truth is, if she survived the initial blast and hitting the wall there is absolutely no reason to suspect that he'd be hurt any worse than she is. He is simply not standing over the actual blast site. The flames are actually closer in the pictures I have to Lois, which you can tell by perspective.

But since this thread is about Chloe chloroforming Lois, I won't go into further detail, as there is another thread for this topic. Though if you like, I'd be happy to post my pictures and continue this discussion over there.

Comment

• Why is it fact? [that part in regards to Lois]. Because the writter told you so.
            The "writer" would at least have the official last word or what did or did not happen. However, here is the sequence of the events:

When the guard hits the ground with the tanks, he looks at them and then rolls over to his left to get up. In the second frame that gray blob at the right is the guard's uniform and it has moved from left to right across the screen because he was ALREADY on the move away from the tanks. In the last frame it's easy to see he's on his feet running through the back exit as Lois plows through the foreground door. And all of it before any fireball appears. I don't know why you want Lois to be guilty of manslaughter, or murder when she clearly isn't, but to each his own.

Comment

• Originally posted by batfinx
              The "writer" would at least have the official last word or what did or did not happen. However, here is the sequence of the events:

When the guard hits the ground with the tanks, he looks at them and then rolls over to his left to get up. In the second frame that gray blob at the right is the guard's uniform and it has moved from left to right across the screen because he was ALREADY on the move away from the tanks. In the last frame it's easy to see he's on his feet running through the back exit as Lois plows through the foreground door. And all of it before any fireball appears. I don't know why you want Lois to be guilty of manslaughter, or murder when she clearly isn't, but to each his own.
              Case closed! Good job Allie and Batfinx!

Comment

• writers are trying really hard to make people hate Chloe.
                I don't get this. "Chloe" has no separate existence other than what the creators of this show give us. It's not like "the writers" are putting a spin on events to Chloe's detriment... there are no real events!

What the writers giveth, the writers can taketh away. In this case, though, they're not taking anything away from Chloe; just as they have done in the past, they are making one of their created fictional characters make mistakes and do questionable things.

Chloe isn't perfect, she never was. Proof of the former is that she just chloroformed her cousin and told Tess all about Clark's weakness re. RedK; proof of the former is that she made a deal with Lionel Luthor. I liked Chloe then and I like her now.

Comment

• Originally posted by Bizarrolover
                  Case closed! Good job Allie and Batfinx!
                  Case Closed? Who are you.....Perry Mason?

Anyway, I posted this elsewhere, but it bears repeating:

When he knocks over the cylinder, he also knocks over the metal stool (there are 2 in the scene, they have yellow seats). The stool is knocked over.....slightly in the direction of Lois, so it's not exactly lined up with he Cylinder anymore but pretty close. Look at the guys plant foot on his first step (the one we first see anyway). It's right at the base of that stool.....which means that this same foot would be lined up right with the spray coming out of the cylinder. So doing the math, which would be one & half steps.....no let's be generous ....2 steps......and then Ka-boom! Visusally, he wasn't out of the room. But taking into account the stool as a visual marker, and the number of steps he took, he's still clearly in the room.....mathematically speaking of course. Lois had a clear head start......is well out of the room at full speed.......and the flames were still licking her jeans. (Hummmm, I would so like to be those flames right about now Actually, scratch that, I want to be those Jeans )

Anyway, I don't believe for a second that Lois is a killer. Read more of my posts and maybe you'll get that little fact. All I'm saying is that it plays out very recklessly for the character.....and logically, the dude should be dead. But Oh, the AUDACITY of even THINKING that Lois could kill someone....even if by accident......or even if the special effects people got a little ahead of themselves.

----- Added 10 Minutes later -----

Originally posted by batfinx

I don't know why you want Lois to be guilty of manslaughter, or murder when she clearly isn't, but to each his own.
                  I get the impression that you're skimming through all my posts on this matter....instead of actually reading them.

In a nut shell, I don't believe Lois is killer. But the scene did not play out well for her character unless you hit the IGNORE BUTTON....which along with SUSPENSION OF BELIEF...would be my first choice. And a lot of Clois/Lois fans (not all....just some) seem to want to ignore things about Lois, but can't wait to Chloroform Chloe on the first chance they get. Thus, why I said that it's a "double edged sword".

That's all.
                  Last edited by CK&CK; 04-22-2010, 11:37 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Comment

• In a nut shell, I don't believe Lois is killer. But the scene did not play out well for her character unless you hit the IGNORE BUTTON....which along with SUSPENSION OF BELIEF...would be my first choice. And a lot of Clois/Lois fans (not all....just some) seem to want to ignore things about Lois, but can't wait to Chloroform Chloe on the first chance they get. Thus, why I said that it's a "double edged sword".
                    The problem here is that the subject of this thread is "Chloe chloroforming Lois". What does that have to do with Lois's opening scene in the episode? My guess is that it got brought up in this thread as a false argument, i.e. "Chloe did something bad" "Oh, yeah, well Lois did something bad too" and so now we end up with the unrelated and off topic lab explosion in the thread. So, on the subject of Chloe chloroforming Lois, why did she do it?

Comment

• Originally posted by batfinx
                      So, on the subject of Chloe chloroforming Lois, why did she do it?
                      See Post #205, a few posts back from this one. [Subject listed as: Things that crossed my mind while I was watching the episode - Item number #2]. It's all there. My honest opinion.

The reason I brought the comparison up was to state how people are quick to read too much into a scene, and then quickly condem the character's actions, but then easily ignore anothers when it's convenient.

Hummm....regarding the "Why did She Do it?" question.........it leaves me still wondering.....did you read my post?
                      Last edited by CK&CK; 04-24-2010, 04:13 AM.

Comment

• SORRY Lois had to be taken out her big nose was gonna get her killed and Clark was busy at the time.Having watched the rest of the season i think Chloe,s actions on most occasions were justified.

Comment

• I don't think Lois had it coming, but I do think that Chloe was justified in doing it. Uncovering what was going on with Tess may have also uncovered the Kandorians. Chloe wouldn't risk it. It's better than knocking Lois over the head like everyone else does.

I think at this point, if you don't like Chloe, you're just not going to. Even if she hadn't chloroformed Lois, and Lois had somehow found out about the Kandorians and Clark, she still would have been villianized for not doing "something" to prevent it.

Chloe saved us another Tess & Lois fight scene, that wouldn't have ended well since they were surrounded by hazardous materials... thus giving us more time for actual plot.
                          Last edited by Cieraangel; 06-07-2010, 07:30 AM.

Comment

• Chloe's a freaky beeyatch!!

Comment

Working...
                            X
                            😀
                            🥰
                            🤢
                            😎
                            😡
                            👍
                            👎