Collapse
No announcement yet.

Best RedK episode of the series?

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Admittedly I have not seen Upgrade (I forgot to buy season 9 on DVD) but, my favourite RED K episode was Unsafe. I loved Alicia. We got to see Clark be sexy instead of scary on RED. It looked like he actually had fun. Minus the lecture from Martha at the end of the episode. Martha handled that really well, both mad and sympathetic. That scene worked well as a bookend with the conversation with Martha at the Talon at start of the episode. This was almost a "be careful what you wish for," allegory. It is good that we don't get a memory wipe at the end and there are consequences that continue on into the next episode.

It was a bit of a *****y move to drug your boyfriend because he won't run away with you. Clark admits that he did genuinely have feelings for her without the RED K. Although Alicia's two part appearance in season four set in place Chloe knowing Clark's secret.

The Alicia arc was about her trying to get people to accept her with her powers. Alicia was a Pariah in Smallville for having powers and Clark had powers as well and he seemed to be a popular and excepted. There is a great scene in the barn where Alicia says: "What if everyone knew about your powers? Then you would be a suspect too,"

So she does the only thing she can think of sell him out to Chloe. Chloe being in the best position to inform the whole town. But, instead she keeps it to herself. Which was a pivotal development in the Clark/Chloe friendship.

Comment

Working...
    X
    😀
    🥰
    🤢
    😎
    😡
    👍
    👎