No announcement yet.

That 100th Episode Feeling?

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• That 100th Episode Feeling?

I personally loved this episode. I thought it was one of the best episodes of the season. Even though I knew this was the 100th episode, it didn't really feel like it...which isn't a bad thing. When many shows get to their 100th episode, something momentous happens along the lines of a major character death, big reveal, or huge twist but this episode felt like another episode in the season that developed the plot masterfully. I know we got a "death" in Zachariah and left wondering what happened to Cas and Adam but overall, nothing MAJOR happened that left me thinking about it for the rest of the night. Like I said before, this is certainly not a bad thing because it seems that often, shows that get their 100th try to overwhelm the audience or do something just for shock factor. Still, I really really enjoyed this episode and that's just my opinion about the big 100. Did you guys feel get that 100th episode feel from "Point of No Return"?

I can't name one series that ever had a "100th" episode feeling though.

Comment

Originally posted by Call_Me_Ishmael
      I can't name one series that ever had a "100th" episode feeling though.
      Smallville's 100 had that feeling in my opinion. It was really dramatic with Lana's temporary death and then when Jonathan Kent died for real at the end, it was really emotional and left you kinda mourning his death as well.

Comment

No I didn't get that 100th episode feeling. I said in another thread it felt like just a regular episode to me I have to admit I liked it nothing major happened.

Comment

Originally posted by kari916
          No I didn't get that 100th episode feeling. I said in another thread it felt like just a regular episode to me I have to admit I liked it nothing major happened.
          I was expecting something really big to happen.

Comment

Originally posted by kryptonhero25
            Smallville's 100 had that feeling in my opinion. It was really dramatic with Lana's temporary death and then when Jonathan Kent died for real at the end, it was really emotional and left you kinda mourning his death as well.
            To me, it didn't feel like a milestone, but the end of Smallville. In my opinion, the character of Jonathan Kent kept the series running close together, just because he was such a great character(and John Schneider being a class act actor and also making fans think of him when they think of 'Papa Kent'), and besides Clark, kept the series going, and now, I only watch Smallville(when I do) because of the SFX scenes, because I don't find any of the characters appealing anymore, even Clark, which is sad.

And Lana...she should've just died in that episode, lol. Or at least, which the time switcharoo, it should've effected Lana pretty bad in a way that her memory starts to fluctuate(hate to say it, but Spider-Man in the whole Marvel/DC YouTube series is a great example). Lana could've become a very depressed and psychotic character and given more depth to Lana than what her main storylines were, Clana and Lexana.

Comment

I didn't get the 100th Episode feeling, but I don't care. Supernatural doesn't need gimmicks for the sake of gimmicks.

Comment

I was expecting something huge, but overall this was so much more satisfying IMO. It shows that we don't need that shock effect to have an excellent episode. I love the fact that they writers chose to go back to the roots of the show which is family. We have been missing that for so long and they finally gave that to us. Its such a sigh of relief.

Comment

it was a good episode. i just don't understand how someone with 2 years of emotional decline could suddenly bounce back just with a minor speech and one look at sam. i.e. in devil's tra, when the yellow eyed demon possessed John he told dean how john cared so much more about sam than him. in DALDOM with his mono y mono, his inner self was basically telling him how he was a soldier to his dad and nothing else. in MBV famine telling him how dead he was inside. in DSOTM when they found joshua, dean felt as though God didn't care about saving the world. just seems very unrealistic to me. and how can you say yes and take it back? oh hey michael, i said yes, but i was just kidding. come on.

----- Added 2 Minutes later -----

and i hardly consider it the best episode of the season. imo the song remains the same was the best episode of the season so far. i think because it really had the latest major event that had any kind of significance. the introduction of Michael which we were waiting on. and it came in at an unexpected great time. and he had style. and matt cohen did an awesome acting job.
                  Last edited by kcufehttahw; 04-18-2010, 08:46 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Comment

Can't say "IT WAS THE 100TH EPI, YEY!" and go dancing, but the epi was still really good imo.

I didn't get a big party feeling, but I'm glad that nothing 'BIG' went down and we lost a character that we all love. Seen that happen in other shows. But I was happy with this epi.

Comment

It felt like they finished writing it and someone said "Hey, this is epi 100" and Kripke said "Cool... Let's write epi 19 now". And it felt awesome all the same.

Comment

I think Eric Kripke knew it was for the 100th episode; no other reason for calling the episode before it "99 Problems".

Comment

What I mean is, they didn't write a 100th episode. This episode just happened to be 100. In my opinion of course.

Comment

Working...
                          X
                          😀
                          🥰
                          🤢
                          😎
                          😡
                          👍
                          👎