Loved It? Hated It? What did you think of "Upgrade?"

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Anyway, I don't believe for a second that Lois is a killer. Read more of my posts and maybe you'll get that little fact. All I'm saying is that it plays out very recklessly for the character.....and logically, the dude should be dead. But Oh, the AUDACITY of even THINKING that Lois could kill someone....even if by accident......or even if the special effects people got a little ahead of themselves.
    It's not a matter of audacity to believe Lois might kill someone by accident, but after visual proof goes against the supposition as well as a producer's comment, then it's pretty much untrue on this occasion.

Comment

• I gave this episode a 9. I loved seeing BAG again and the whole story-line featuring the blur and zod was interesting.

Comment

• The 1 rating is funny, considering Metallo was created before Iron Man but I digress.

It was an okay episode. I'm really getting confused but the storylines now. So many things going on at once.

I'm going to give this a perfect 7.

Comment

• I'm giving it a 5. My reasons are this:

1) The whole episode was a missed moment of awesome. We had Zod (with powers) and Red K Clark in the Fortress of Solitude with Metallo. It should have been freaking' awesome. Or at least cool. Instead I was bored, bored, bored.

2) Red K. I'm done with it. No more please writers. If you want Clark to speak his mind, have him speak his mind. No more Kryptonite induced moments of honesty. It is getting annoying. On the other hand, why couldn't we have Zod affected by Red K? Would if change him the same way it does Clark or would it make him more like Clark is normally? Or would it nor do anything at all?

3) Tess and Chloe. What are they doing this season? I don't mean from a character motive. I mean what are they doing in their scenes. They felt like the writers were trying too hard to outdo other show where characters are attempting to be coy with on another, but it doesn't make any sense (For me anyway, maybe I missed something here.). Since the destruction of Zod's towers it feels like Tess doesn't really have any thing to do any more in this season. At least Chloe is Watchtower, but even that is starting to bug me a bit.

4) This one is a tiny one. At all the things Clark on Red K does with a manipulative, power hungry, and information hungry Zod, is that he makes it snow in Seattle? Zod's face in the sat photo was priceless though, lol.

The things I liked were the interactions between John Corben and Lois. Great stuff. Great dynamics between these two actors, and some good development for their characters.

All in all this is an average episode brought down by missed moments of awesome and weird character stuff. By the way, did any one else feel like they missed an episode when this one began?

Comment

• I agree with NoSupeForYou. Lois can't just go around killing people. I did enjoy the episode though. This is what Smallville should do. Ditch the annoying catfights & focus on the super battles. It's a Superman series. Accept it!

Comment

• I really loved and enjoyed this episode and for me became one of my personal fave episodes from season 9 besides Savior and Warrior.
              Like always when on red k , Clark blames Chloe etc., The Zod team up was cool too and Metallo as a good guy...well in comics would have not work but here fit perfectly.
              10/10 for this ep form my side

Comment

• Originally posted by RyanE
                I'm giving it a 5. My reasons are this:

1) The whole episode was a missed moment of awesome. We had Zod (with powers) and Red K Clark in the Fortress of Solitude with Metallo. It should have been freaking' awesome. Or at least cool. Instead I was bored, bored, bored.

2) Red K. I'm done with it. No more please writers. If you want Clark to speak his mind, have him speak his mind. No more Kryptonite induced moments of honesty. It is getting annoying. On the other hand, why couldn't we have Zod affected by Red K? Would if change him the same way it does Clark or would it make him more like Clark is normally? Or would it nor do anything at all?

3) Tess and Chloe. What are they doing this season? I don't mean from a character motive. I mean what are they doing in their scenes. They felt like the writers were trying too hard to outdo other show where characters are attempting to be coy with on another, but it doesn't make any sense (For me anyway, maybe I missed something here.). Since the destruction of Zod's towers it feels like Tess doesn't really have any thing to do any more in this season. At least Chloe is Watchtower, but even that is starting to bug me a bit.

4) This one is a tiny one. At all the things Clark on Red K does with a manipulative, power hungry, and information hungry Zod, is that he makes it snow in Seattle? Zod's face in the sat photo was priceless though, lol.

The things I liked were the interactions between John Corben and Lois. Great stuff. Great dynamics between these two actors, and some good development for their characters.

All in all this is an average episode brought down by missed moments of awesome and weird character stuff. By the way, did any one else feel like they missed an episode when this one began?
                Agreed! At the beginning Lois is undercover and it's alright except she has a miniature camera on her pen!! Whatta? On reporter's salary? Who made it? Whatta?

And then she goes on to (looks like it) kill alot of people 'cos of the explosion. Not intentionally but still...was just stupid.

How Clark became infected with red kryptonite. So badly done. I mean the lab had red-k...but the moment he blurs in and the dust just lifts off. Just so contrieved... And I loved how he got infected in S6 and that was a stretch with Lois getting the red-k lipstick.

This episode was also reeeeeeally boring. I mean the couple of awesome scenes (Zod exploding Metallo in the container, Clark and Zod walking away from the fire after destroying the kryptonite arsenal. Them being on-top of the Seattle Space Needle (what's it called?)...This all was so awesome...had all these scenes been better part of the whole episode. They just seemed so random and glued in...

And the showdown in the fortress...Well it was sorta good. And I understand that Clark had to be cured of the red-k...but making Metallo the good guy...We already have Zod in our sympathies for the bad guy department. Can't we just have a flat out bad dude here??

Erica Durance and Brian Austin Green were good together and the scenes were heartwarming. Problem is they aren't supposed to be. It was just utter waste of time. We don't need that kind of a secondary character getting that kind of attention from the one of the leads...not from anybody really. Just a waste of time to an episode that was already dull with it's scenes of Chloe Tess banter...

At the end of "Echo" we were teased of Toyman been given the kryptonite heart by Tess. In "Upgrade"...no mention about it. Just an anonymous science team...

I thought I'd never say this...but red-k Clark was boring!! I thouhgt "Persuasion" had a better red-k Clark vibe even though he wasn't affected by it until the very end. He ending up in a ring of fire with Tess was S9 red-k moment. Not anything from "Upgrade"...

3 from me
                Last edited by BoyScout-ManOfTomorrow; 09-12-2010, 11:34 AM.

Comment

• Didn't care much for this episode. Gave it a 7. It had some good stuff, Clark being on Red K was cool to see again That's all I really liked about it!

Comment

Working...
                  X
                  😀
                  🥰
                  🤢
                  😎
                  😡
                  👍
                  👎